8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 146)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Michel Boulet
Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2013 06:54 AM      Profile for Michel Boulet   Email Michel Boulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 days ago, Mighty Joe Young Super 8 feature and Promises....Promises with Jane Mansfield full feature again in Super 8,

AH...Jane.'..

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 05, 2013 07:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday in double 8 The Channel Swimmers.

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 05, 2013 12:11 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nosferatu, 16mm

-

-

-

Now goint to see Greystoke on 35mm ... Outdoor cinema :-)

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 05, 2013 04:54 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we put on the 3x400ft of The Towering Inferno,
my little camera is with my Daughter this week so i cant put any screenshots on tonight but have to say how pleased we are that there is no fade at all and the quality throughout really is excellent, this is one of the better cut downs in this era of super 8, it flows very well and is packed with action from start to finish, its also a spot the star with so many big Hollywood names. We have joined this one up onto a full 800ft spool giving a rollorcoaster of action for around 45 minuites.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 06, 2013 05:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we went to the cinema ... Saw Close Encounters of the Third Kind on 70mm ... Was very nice indeed :-)

Also Vilmos Zsigmond was there ... Was a really good evening

No pictures of this though

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 05:42 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian,

That's a beautiful copy of The Music Box.

More than likely It's blue because it's printed on color film stock.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2013 06:14 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a fairly warm evening, so I put on an outdoor show with a 16mm print of "Nuns on the Run".
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 07, 2013 12:38 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In super 8 a 15 m (50 feet) silent rell with footage of Henry Ford and a 180 m (600 feet)sound film The Story Of The Silent Serials which contains interesting footage for those who, like me, like silent films.

--------------------
Dominique

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2013 10:38 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Night I watched Ray Harryhausen classic in super 8mm color sound 600 digest 7th Voyage of SINBAD This is the best example of fantasy in the world by the master.  -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 08, 2013 08:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good film Laksmi, (and thank you for the screenshots, and the same to all of you), but give me Ray's "Skeletons" anyday. I still watch those skeletons fighting and it still looks very good.

That stop motion animation special effect will never really be again, (drat that CGI) but I'm glad I grew up in an age where it really wowed me!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 08, 2013 12:51 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of titles I borrowed today ... both 16mm
 -

-

-

-

High Noon
 -

-

-

-

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2013 01:17 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched several films. First up was the 400' "The African Queen". Then the re-edited 2x400 "Star Wars" and the 2x400 "The Empire Strikes Back". The last one was the 600' "Raise the Titanic".

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 08, 2013 01:19 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice ... How do you edit the Star Wars'es? Do you remove some scenes from 2 and cut into 1? As they are not chronological ... Doesn't get too splicey?

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2013 01:37 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

The "Star Wars" digests were already edited together chronologically when I bought them. Whoever made the splices did a nice job. They have all the footage from the 400' F-48 and F-64 but not the 200' F-48.

They are in the plastic cases.

-

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 08, 2013 03:17 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In super 8 All Stars Bond Rally, Insurance and The Painted Lady.

--------------------
Dominique

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Night I showed a real classic 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH A Harryhausen classic in super 8 in 400 reel digest .  -

[ September 09, 2013, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2013 06:44 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Night I showed a real classic Steve Reeves in LAST DAYS OF POMPEII this was 16mm feature in color. This is great beautiful women and plenty of Reeves doing the strong man thing. It is the next best thing to his HERCULES film full of killing lions, Croc's , and men.  -
 -
 -
 -

-
 -
 -

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 09, 2013 10:11 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a couple of silent railroad films, like the kind that started me collecting films when I was a teenager.

I have a home built audio interface between my projectors and my stereo: anti-ground loop, anti-power supply hum. I have a nice stereo amp and two good speakers under my screen.

All of this is wonderful except all too often it makes me forget there is a lot of great film out there without any sound at all.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 11, 2013 03:27 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i watched the 70s British comedy farce that is Confessions of a driving instructor. And for those interested may i refer you to my review in the Film reviews sections,but here are a couple of pics if you dont, [Wink]
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 12, 2013 07:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In super 8 Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers (Betty Boop) and Lights Out And The Star Appears (the history of 9,5).

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2013 08:48 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From cartoons to horror and a tribute to a favorite Canadian!

DR. Devil and Mr. Hare / 1X200 Techno Film
Hammer Dracula (reissue trailer) / 50ft
Kingdom Of The Spiders / 1X400 Derann

-

-

-

Cheers
Terry

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 12, 2013 12:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy! I LOVE the framing of that shot from the Dracula trailer (the framing of Dracula in the background at the top of the staircase!)

I'm glad you've enjoyed that "Pompeii" Laksmi! My unfortunate attempt to get into 16MM went bust, (still no projector), so selling you that film was a good idea and it went to a loving home!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2013 01:18 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a Disney night at the movies starting with a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.

First up was "A Day at Disneyland", "An Evening at the Magic Kingdom" and then "Main Street Electrical Parade".

I also watched both 200's of "Cinderella", "Peter Pan" and "The Rescuers"

Besides "Dumbo the Flying Elephant", they are the only Disney animated films I still own.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 12, 2013 03:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tonight we pulled out the Derann release of Gremlins, supplied on 2 x 600ft spools with stereo sound and excellent print throughout we have mounted ours onto 1 1200ft spool. This is probably one of the best edited films ive seen on 8mm.
The editor did a good job keeping the end titles with the catchy soundtrack which once ended finishes with the laughter of the Gremlins, You almost feel as though you have just watched the feature film,

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 12, 2013 03:26 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gremlins ... Big favorite of mine ... Excellent looking print. Never released as full feature on Super 8?

I saw Ben Hur on 16mm today. No pictures. It was quite red and in Pan & Scan (not too good looking). Enjoyed the film though, not seen the feature since I was 11 or 12 on a school trip to the cinema

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  143  144  145  146  147  148  149  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC