8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 63)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 10:02 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, don't be jealous ah ah ah.

Unfortunately, apart from THE CAT O' NINE TAILS (1971; I will screen it soon) officially issued by Sil.Ma in a letterboxed edition printed on Kodak SP, all Argento's released on 8mm are definitely very poor prints (TENEBRE, among them, is the best one... Imagine other titles' quality/condition! Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD, Argento's cut, is also a decent print, even if unauthorized).

I'm very happy I found that copy of TENEBRE, but the quality is the one you can see in the screen captures I have posted.

I'm actually after FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET (1972), the only Argento I still miss in my collection. As poor as 'all' the others.

Anyway...

Super 8 test screening afternoon (just trailers).
Titles:

- ANASTASIA
- SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS
- BAMBI
- FUN AND FANCY FREE
- DUMBO
- SHREK
- 101 DALMATIANS (live action).

Screen shots as usual.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo Gs 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 10:25 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

FOUR FLIES was on ebay.it some time ago... did you miss it? It It is very very rare even more than ZOMBIE!

Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 10:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Flavio.

I did not realize there was a copy for sale (I was probably travelling). But, not so longtime ago, thanks to Google I have found the auction you are referring to. It was of course too late [Frown] ; the seller was from Rome (mabuse_doc or something like that). Maybe you know him? I've been asking to other collectors if they know him, just to have some additional info about that print.

As far as I know, 4 FLIES is probably as rare as ZOMBI is (well... 10 existing copies of ZOMBI, it seems. How many 4 FLIES? 6/8? [Eek!] ), but ZOMBI was at least printed on Kodak SP (whereas 4 FLIES is on Eastman) and it's a good flat edition. 4 FLIES was originally issued in scope, sadly not mantained in the 8mm print [Frown] (as poor sharpness as PROFONDO ROSSO or L'UCCELLO DALLE PIUME DI CRISTALLO [Frown] )

A copy was offered to me one month ago, more or less. But, even if rare, the price was absolutely exorbitant. I said NO, THANKS.
Thanks for asking me, anyway.
I will find it, one day [Wink] . I'm sure about it.

Take care, ciao!

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 25, 2010 12:37 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not last night but the night before

The Castle short I bought new back in the 70s "Egg Cracker Suite" from 1943 it looks as good as the day I bought it, although never rich in colour its still an excellent print and with great music much in keeping with the period I think its on polyester stock.

"Beauty and the Beast" 1991 one of many stunning Derann Super8 prints.
 -

-

-
Its been years since I last ran this print and in that time I modified the GS1200 projector to a two bladed shutter and a Xenophot lamp...what a huge improvement to picture quality [Cool] I noticed this more so when running "Beauty and the Beast", excellent stereo track as well [Smile]

Graham.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 12:46 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terrific!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 25, 2010 12:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shots from the both of you!

Gad, that Anastasia trailer makes me long for the feature on Super 8. What a great one that would be. That film really did a good job of presenting a love story in a realistic way that would make a live action film envious.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 01:01 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics from B&B i have that one too and i see 5 or 6 times a year,i love it.
Osi Anastasia a big wish for me i hope there comes a release from this great story about our Russian princes!
Tomorrow my Pocahontas is coming,so Saturday will be a great screening eve [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 01:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi [Wink] .
Jeroen, let's hope ANASTASIA will be issued on 8mm, one day...

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 25, 2010 01:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But, not so longtime ago, thanks to Google I have found the auction you are referring to.
Hi Gian, how can you find an old listing (that has been deleted by Ebay) through google? if you don't mind, can you give me the link of the said film or you can also PM me.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 01:58 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, how are you?
Hope you are ok.

quote:
But, not so longtime ago, thanks to Google I have found the auction you are referring to
Referring to that specific print, I simply entered the title of the movie I was looking for, format (super 8) and Google supplied all results, included the following link to the auction on eBay (no longer available, now):

4 mosche di velluto grigio (eBay Italia)

If you enter '4 MOSCHE DI VELLUTO GRIGIO SUPER 8 EBAY' through Google, you will find this link (and more) by yourself. The auction was already over but it was still possible to see all details (now it's not anymore, but when I did it was. So it was within 90 days after listing).
Seller nick was also still viewable, of couse.

I mailed him/her through eBay, but I suddenly noticed it was too late and totally useless [Frown] as the movie had already gone. Do you know the seller, by any chance? (see my previous post: I'm quite sure that one was his ID on eBay).

Hope this will help. Ciao [Wink] .

[ January 25, 2010, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 25, 2010 05:28 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,

I am here OK

Thanks for the explanation

quote:
(now it's not anymore, but when I did it was. So it was within 90 days after listing).
Not exactly my friend...and now, thanks to google's cache.... it is still there

4 MOSCHE DI VELLUTO GRIGIO at Google's cache

[Big Grin]

(I don't know how long it will be stored in google's cache)

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 05:46 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great job!
I will try once more to contact the seller.
Thank a lot, Winbert.

Flavio, do you know this seller/collector by any chance?
Let me know.
Ciao.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2010 11:08 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Night January 25 2010

200 foot digest MONSTRO THE WHALE from Pinnocchio

400 foot short CHOO CHOO with the Our Gang Little Rascals

Full length feature SVENGALI with John Barrymore

Everything super 8 sound

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2010 01:58 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian and Graham,
great screenshots.

My copy of B&B has amazing colours and a stunning sharpness but a lot of lines - some green on the left hand. I saw it too late, because I had no time to screen it at this time, so I couldn't say anything to the seller.
So it is not the best to screen [Frown]

Chip,
that seems to be a nice programm.
But Svengali I don't know [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 26, 2010 02:39 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael

Sorry to read about those emulsion scratches, will you be looking out for another print sometime in the future?

Graham.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2010 08:16 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, "One Week" by Buster Keaton. First viewing, and a big hit. Amazingly funny for something so old.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2010 08:22 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Michael.
Sorry in reading about your 'damaged' copy of B&B.
As for Graham, I hope you will find soon a perfect print. Ciao.

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2010 01:23 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, perhaps sometimes I will buy another copy of it.
But, if Lisa-Marie (my 3 year old daughter) will love projecting and this film in the future, she could use this as "practise copy" for full features. [Smile]

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 28, 2010 01:19 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, very cool shots of Argento's Tenebre. I have a print of this on Agfa. Wish I could get Suspiria and Inferno for a decent price.

Last night, inaugural flight of our BD player with "Up".

[ November 06, 2010, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 04:54 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - after a long time here are some screenshots from me [Smile]

Had a little bit time to screen Star Trek (TOS) - The man trap. I think the master was a bit faded but the colours are still there.

Projector: Elmo ST-1200 HD with 1.3-lens

-  -

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 05:53 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

I read only now your question about 4 FLIES and the seller... I sent you an email!

Ciao,
Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 07:46 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Flavio, mail sorted.

Jean-Marc, you are kidding about that TENEBRE on 35mm, aren't you [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] !!!!?????

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 08:00 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I finally took the time to screen the two reels I recieved from Gian (Grazie!):

HERCULES (Scope trailer) - Stunning colours, beautiful print!
OUR GANG - FOLLIES OF 1938 - Very nice B/W print, and wonderful mono sound.

Sadly I didn't have my camera there, so I didn't take any screenshots. I'm planning on doing another screening with the same reels when I get well (I'm currently sick, so screened the the films on the wall next to my bed), and then I'll do it properly in the screening room and get some shots [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 28, 2010 08:05 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to hear about this, Chris. I do hope you have enjoyned them!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 28, 2010 09:08 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey MIcheal!

I like seeing faded prints screened, it makes me feel better about my collection! [Big Grin]

It appears that "The Man Trap" had reels of assorted color stock. Some of iot is definitely red eastman but other reels appear to be browned Kodak SP. Still, great to see!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC