8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » eBay Oddities (Please post all funny eBay links here!) (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  40  41  42 

Author Topic: eBay Oddities (Please post all funny eBay links here!)
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 04:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess we can forgive the 'video' part of the name as they seem to use the word in the original Latin way: "I see"
This machine must be a sales tool for running films in a show booth or such.

There were several type of film cartridges sold on those days. Apart from Videotronic, there was also Technicolor which the cart was not compatible to the other brands.

I got these cartridges (but not the machine) which each cart equal with 400 feet films. They were very cheap from Ebay at around $3/each. The funny (and good) thing is they are not typical ad or commercial films but my cartridges contain Hollywood films (Buck Rogers complete 12 series).

Just in case I didn't find the right machine (at the moment there are a lot Technicolor machines offered but they are only for 200 feet which called Technicolor 800, while I need 1000 serial above), I will dissembled the cartridges and put into normal reels.

ps: any idea about the relationship between this Technicolor and the Technicolor (of film stock)?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 06:37 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert I think they were made by the well known Techicolor company, who are still very much involved in cinema today as one of the largest 35mm print producers and print despatch companies.

I also have 400ft cartridges.

David

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 07:43 AM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just look at this little gem.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pathe-Kok-Vintage-28mm-Film-Projector-Pathe-Kok_W0QQitemZ150402857150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item230 4b578be

Thats nearly as old as some of the forum members [Big Grin]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more for sale. But cannot understand what the seller wrote about condition...

GS 1200

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 07:08 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

I was curious myself, so I tossed the text into Google Translator:

"Movie projector Elmo GS-1200

First-class movie projector format Super-8 mm films reproducing black-and-white and color, mute and audio (optical and magnetic sound recording system) mono or stereo dwuścieżkowo. Electronic control mechanism of soft-touch "freeze-frame and frame by frame playback, advanced editing features in the recordings, sound mixing, precise control of speed and the ability to synchronize the projection of the video camera shutter speed (the transfer of a DVD) - the most important of the many features of this device.

Projector efficient, interior equipment visually clean and able to "factory", back cover and Footer have repaired cracks slot synchronizer is chipped - everything is seen from the attached photos. Mechanical bits and pieces do not have any impact on the quality of the projection.

Tested the projector with color film, sound and film test SMTP. Projection is implemented correctly in the forward and backward. You may want to preserve / adjust the system of the tape to get a steadier picture. On some old tapes the picture is less stable - but it is a feature of this technology yet ...

Projector join the original cover. Not included the spool, the cable and instructions. Fits standard cable eg from a computer scan of the instructions I send mail (English or German), or you can find yourself on the Internet.

Feel free to bid!

Receive a personal preference (Warsaw and surroundings). Weight approximately 20 kg. The cost of shipping only insured courier DPD - about 50, - zł."

There you have it, in fine GooglEnglish [Big Grin]

So, a few chips and such, no cord. Interesting that he says he actually tested it with SMPTE film; first person I have ever seen mentioning this in a sales ad.
However, there may be a gate issue as he says something about stability depending on the film involved....

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 07:32 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
£550 for that projector is waaay too much. Especially since its got several damaged parts and because of the gate problem.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:05 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus, great job once again.
I'm too lazy for this eh eh eh [Wink] . We should ask Mr. Kevin Faulkner what he thinks about it. But here in Europe the price is absolutely good.

As Alexander stated in another thread referring to the GS he bought in Argentina, it's really hard to get one for less than 1.000/1.200 euro, here.

Yes, miracles are possible (I had both mine for less than 600), but it's quite hard, and I had to wait so longtime before getting the first GS at a decent price.

Moreover, on the other side, we don't have to undervalue a GS, nowadays, is really much cheaper compared to prices of 8/10 years ago. And it's today a little bit more easier to find it (maybe thanks to Ebay too).
Once again, some years ago it seemed all of them were totally disappeared!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 08:53 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, miracles are possible (I had both mine for less than 600)
I got mine for .....eeee....eeeee....hhhhmmmm..... ugh..ugh (cough).... US$70 (EUR 48.75).. although that will be the ugliest GS 1200 in the world he..he...h.e.. [Big Grin]

So miracle is possible and I believe in Santa too.... [Razz]

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Winbert, yours was not a miracle; it was a supernatural event [Wink] !
Oh, about Santa... Your parcel is already on your way (posted yesterday).
Ciao.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 09:24 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian...thanks a lot buddy... the 2 boys at home must be happy... [Big Grin]

cheersm

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 09:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let's wait they see what I sent you, first.
A real pleasure as usual, anyway.
Ciao.

--------------------

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 06:11 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope is a wonderful thing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260480991763&_trksid=e11002.m204&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%26otn%3D10&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA: GB:1348

There doesn't seem to be a transformer, either. I have to admit, I've thrown more than one of these away in the past... better condition than this one too.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2010 08:17 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been watching this a while; started at £399, then £369, now this.
Quite correct, no transformer included.

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 05:59 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about this one, never seen one like it
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-PEAK-16mm-Cine-Projector_W0QQitemZ160393315500QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=item25582fc4ac

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"
"No, she's just nipped to Sainsbury's. Do you want to come in and wait for her?"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2010 06:00 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the rest [Wink] ?

--------------------

John Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2010 04:57 PM      Profile for John Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[URL=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pathe-Kok-Vintage-28mm-Film-Projector-Pathe-Kok_W0QQitemZ150402857150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=it em230]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pathe-Kok-Vintage-28mm-Film-Projector-Pathe-Kok_W0QQitemZ150402857150QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories?hash=i tem230[/URL]

[Eek!] £1,938.00.......sold

[ January 16, 2010, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: John Almond ]

--------------------
"SARAH CONNOR?"

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 03:28 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one is back again http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260480991763&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Taken yet another dive in price! Eventually he'll catch on.
Martin

--------------------

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 05:20 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
does this seller pay to list each time?, because by the time he works this out he'll have paid more in fees that the item's value.
Part of me thinks it would serve him right for being so greedy.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2010 07:18 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, It is always to happen when sellers re-listing, they will lower the price until the items are sold.

I think Ebay allows seller to re-list at no charge. This is one of Ebay's trick to get the selling fees. Ebay doesn't care with listing fee since it is only few cents, but selling fees is the more important, because selling fee is percentage from the ending price (plus if the buyer pays it with paypal, another fee is also charged from there)

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Bart Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 12:19 PM      Profile for Bart Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Bart Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seller has an eBay shop with over 1500 items on sale, so he will probably be paying a monthly fee of £49.99, and each time he lists the projector it will only cost him 5p.

Not much of a gamble if you fancy flying a kite.

--------------------
www.bluecinetech.co.uk

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 11:09 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ABBOTT-AND-COSTELLO-PILOT-1965-35MM-FILM-HANNA-BARBARA_W0QQitemZ160382131298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Film?hash=item2557851c62

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 24, 2010 10:48 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re-listed yet again! This time he's put the price back up!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260480991763&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Martin

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2010 06:19 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, this listing is for a 'vintage movie film Detective Story starring Kirk Douglas'... no other description, and no pic. Starting bid at $75.00 So, I HAD to email him to ask him if it was the full feature. His reply tells me it's the 50foot Ken reel.... I wished him good luck! OH, and his feedback rating is ZERO!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260542580482

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2010 05:31 PM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snap this baby up while you can [Smile]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8mm-film-amazing-VINTAGE-CAR-RACE-cine-classic-cars_W0QQitemZ370318751989QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL?hash=item5638b7b8f5

Cant believe its so cheap.
Stewart

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2010 05:41 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart,

The color looks great and the subject is interesting, but....200ft. only..... [Eek!]

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

All times are Central
This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  40  41  42 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC