This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surviving Coronavirus

I'm posting this to give a little hope to anyone else who is silently coping with Coronavirus and to give you some encouragement in a dark time, so you are not alone.

Unfortunately I picked up Covid 19 and quickly recognised the symptoms requesting a home test which arrived the next day and once sent back my positive results were in my hands 2 days later = isolations instructions from the phone app. At Covid peak I would describe it as nothing short of the plague with perhaps 5 days of solid death coughs, fever and hallucinations at night followed by exhaustion towards the end.
    The treatment is Paracetamol, lots of water and plenty of rest which in the run up to this we had been taking Vitamin D. I would say the worst for me at least was over in a week trying to eat lots of veg and fruit which I really didn't want.
    You could say I'm now over it but it doesn't really work like that as the exhaustion and muscle pain continues and perhaps the most worrying no sense of smell or taste which may take upwards of a year to return Mr GP says.
    Next up my dear Wife started and regretfully she is even worse than I was just about being able to walk a very short distance before exhaustion. I hope she turns the corner away from the worst of it over the weekend but at least I am now vertical and mobile enough to do the running around at home.

Yes we wore the masks, endless washing hands and much distancing but I do fear more to this virus than meets the eye.

The comfort came from people around us and we were offered support from the NHS at home. Shopping that sort of thing which would have been a help if needed.

Recovery for us will be long and steady, but as I said at the start I hope this gives some encouragement to our films friends who may be having a tough time at home with this disease.
    God bless you and a speedy recovery one and all.

PS: I of course managed to project a few films when I had some energy 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

very sorry to hear this Lee. such a nasty virus. yet there still seems so many who do not take it seriously. my best wishes to you both.

Comment

I'm also very sorry to hear this and hope you have a full recovery in less time than you fear. Also perhaps, if the antibodies/T cells last you won't need to worry about a re-infection. Keep up the vitamin D!

Comment

It all sounds so terrible, Lee.
        The virus appears to be a very crafty bug which seems to wend its way around all obstacles. I do so hope that you and your wife soon improve and are quickly back to normal.
        Best wishes.

Maurice

Comment

Hi Lee,

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, and I'm sure we all wish you and your wife a complete recovery, and as soon as possible.

Comment

I second all the previous replies : I wish you and your wife a full speedy recovery. So sad to hear you have been so ill.

Comment

Get well soon both of you ❤️

Comment

So very sorry to hear this Lee. It's a horrible virus, unfortunately downplayed by some ignorant politicians. I wish you and your wife the very best, and hope you will be back in the swing of things very soon. I also believe that your beloved film collecting hobby will be a great source of comfort and inspiration during this difficult time.

Comment

Lee,

Thank you for your insight into being struck by Covid 19. Your description of the symptoms and the treatment is very helpful to all who have deal with this. Best wishes to you and your wife.

Comment

Lee, I hope you are over the worst,sounds like you are,and also that your wife gets over it soon.
                    Very pleased the NHS seems to have done their bit for you and the testing worked ok.
                    The scary bit about this virus is just how severe it can be,yet hardly touches others.

Comment

My best wishes for a full recovery Lee

Comment

I wish you both a full and speedy recovery. The symptoms can be horrific and the recovery period long lasting. Unfortunately, those who have not been touched by it regard it as just a flu type illness to which everyone has over-reacted.

Comment

Any new virus can be devastating that is why 'flu is so dangerous too - it mutates to a type to which we have no natural resistance.

I'm pretty sure that the bad cases are more how the individual person's immune system reacts to the infection (flooding the lungs) than the actual virus or type of virus. It has been suggested that it is the neanderthal genes that some people still contain cause it to be worse in them. It won't be until this is over that we may possibly know the answers and, yes, finding out may take years or decades of research.

Again, Lee, hoping you have no "Long Covid" symptoms and recover fully soon.

Comment

Sounds like you had it pretty rough Lee. Wishing you and your wife a full and speedy recovery.

Comment

Hope for a speedy recovery for yourself Lee and your good lady.

For those who want to know more about this virus, I would suggest carefully watching this recent video, of a conversation by the Aspen Institute between Dr Anthony Fauci and former NZ prime minister Helen Clarke, the present the co-chairman at WHO into the review of this global pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                              X