Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll answer for Lee. GP stands for General Practitioner, in other words his doctor.

Comment

Thanks, Brian. I would not have guessed that

Comment

Great news about the vaccine, its going to take a while for it to get around. One thing about any vaccine, that I always considered very important, is that you have to have it "before" being exposed to a virus for it to work at all. I think with the yearly flu jab as an example, you need to have taken the vaccine around two weeks prior for it to work. I have no idea about this vaccine but taking it is a must when you get the chance in the months ahead. Another important fact about any virus, is that they can mutate, just like the 1918 one. In that case, after three years the virus changed to be less lethal, its still around. Countries should I hope, take it, that its always on the cards that another virus will come along and be better prepared in the future, controlling this one will not be the end of it.

What is so tragic has been the death toll and suffering that so many people have gone through in this year. Also there going to be a strong need for long term free medical help for those that are suffering the damage caused to there health. All countries rich or poor need this vaccine to be available free to everyone, otherwise we will quickly be in big trouble once again.

Comment

True
          Very happy to see the U.K. already getting the shots out there, (and irritated with the slowness of the U.S. actions). My hope is that I can get my kids, especially my premature birth child, (as he is highly suceptible to anything) the shot before long. My wife and I can wait.

Comment

I have it, as I have for something like 10 days now. It's really hard to say how long it's been: it messes with your ability to judge time.

My wife and my son got sick first and they are basically back to normal now. We count ourselves lucky, many of the nastiest symptoms have bypassed us and we haven't even broken a fever.

-it's official though: we are on Department of Health quarantine. (Lotsa movies!)

For me. it's something between a bad head cold and the Flu. The thing about is where either of those would have given up days ago, this just keeps going. It's easy to see how it kills more vulnerable people: it just saps your resources.

What's really perverse is I'm still working. I wasn't working in person anyway. Fortunately nothing was on the docket this week requiring a great many IQ points: I'm sure I'm down a bunch for the duration.

(It looks like we're getting antibodies this Christmas!)

Comment

Lee, I'm sure I am speaking for all of us, when I wish you the absolute best, that your strength will not be quenched, and, as for our house personally, you are on our prayers. Osi and fam.

Comment

That's not good Steve anything that can mess around with your ability to fully concentrate is downright scary. I hope that symptom will go away very soon.

I have never heard a symptom like that with a cold or flu, you usually feel rundown stiff/sore etc, but not affecting the way we think, or how we concentrate. When you watch that you-tube video posted here regarding "The Long Haulers", its something that as yet the experts still cant figure out as the research is still on going.

Going of topic, years ago I worked with a guy who in the past had worked for Air Canada, he told me of a story of working long hours changing the No 2 engine on a DC10. What shook him was waking up in his basement after that night shift, while his family slept upstairs and not remembering how he got home after work. His mind was a complete blank, just could not remember how he drove home. This was in Canada, shortly after that, he left that company.

Its a example how dangerous it is when things effect our thinking.

Comment

I have seen now that one gene can affect how badly this virus affects you. As I was thinking earlier in the year it isn't the virus that actually does the damage but the way your body's immune system reacts to it.

Comment

I hope so, too, Graham.

-nobody wants a dopey electrical engineer: they get people killed!

I'm no martyr here, by the way. I know people who have died slow deaths alone in Intensive Care from this. We weren't even able to attend their funerals.

-in that light, we are getting off very lightly.

A dear friend of my parents died at 96 last May: what a great 100th birthday party THAT would have been!

Comment

I wish you a speedy full recovery, Steve. As you say, people died from corona, so you were a kind of "lucky".

Comment

Get well soon, Steve.

Comment

Thanks, Guys!

-as Chief Inspector Dreyfus said "Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better!"

(-and I don't want to kill Clouseau!)

Of course, here I go catching it on the eve of the vaccine being available.

-i'm like that last guy that got shot at climbing the Berlin wall 12 hours before they just opened it up!
                          Last edited by Steve Klare; December 12, 2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear what you and your family having to go through this horrible virus. I hope you all recover completely.
                            Last edited by Janice Glesser; December 13, 2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

In our thoughts Steve we know how you feel xx and it ain't good.

I'm not so bad now two and half months on but the brain issues have stuck firm. Spoke to Neurological consultant explaining I was loosing sort of consciousness momentarily and fallen down stairs twice. "Yes we are hearing a lot of this"
                              Very nice consultant and its gonna take time to recover.

My wife is another matter as her breathing is still pretty weak and that's 2 months from having covid.
                              Great concern.
                              Worst part was sitting by my wifes side listening to her trying to breath when she had it and me clutching a phone ready to phone the ambulance.

Both have the anti bodies of course and consultant suggested they will be with us for at least March.

Steve take it steady, if you are past 10 days you will be on the upside.
                              God bless anyone with Covid and keep you safe with a speedy recovery.

Comment

Hi Lee,

I had a very similar fear with my wife: she's had pneumonia a couple of times over the years and I've been afraid of her getting Covid-19 from the very beginning. She seems to have sailed right through it and did as well as I have if not better!

It's a roll of the dice for everyone: there are people that get fully infected and never even suspect anything's wrong, then again there was that Broadway actor who lost a leg to it and died anyway. There are people that lose their sense of taste and others that become nauseous.

-we basically had prolonged head colds with body aches: nothing to be glad about, but without being asymptomatic entirely this may be about as good as it gets!

I had a great morning: for the first time in a long while I actually felt normal. It's strange the euphoria that comes with this feeling: maybe something to remember the rest of the time!

Comment

Working...
                                X