Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve, my apologies, I stated "Lee" on my post earlier, I meant you. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Comment

S'okay, Osi!

Comment

Hope you are feeling better Steve.

Looking at the news here on the US weather, it looks like your "snow blower" is going to be working overtime, cant say I am a huge fan of snow, nice to look at, but that's it for me.

I was reading about some folk in the US getting a reaction from the vaccine. That's normal with all vaccine, I remember when I was working for Go Bus, they offered the flu jab free to all the drivers every year. I did see one person pass out shortly after getting the jab, that's why its best not to drive and hang around for 20 minutes just in case, after that time frame it should be OK to drive. I remember getting the smallpox jab long ago, that one, can if you are unlucky result in a nasty reaction.

The thing is its better to get a vaccination, than take the chance not to, looking at the sheer numbers of folk in the US dying or getting sick from this virus is horrific.

Anyway hope Doug or yourself Steve can post some "snow photos" , you are certainly getting a white Christmas.

Regarding the vaccine out this way, this in the latest news, including the Pacific Islands here and Australia.

Comment

Hi Graham,

We were clobbered last night into today. It was big, wet flakes that froze together into a kind of Yuletide Concrete! My snow blower had it's work cut out for it!

We are well: we've come through it in one piece (-well: three pieces!). From here on out it's a matter of re-building the reserves!

Comment

On the bright side Welcome to the anti body club

We had a teeny flurry yesterday here but nothing really, I expect we will see some. Did a bbq some years ago in 4ft of snow, neighbours thought I had lost the plot...again. Ha

Comment

I hate snow and ,Therefore , I am a "putz" living where l do. I have a torn meniscus, and so I am always worried about slipping in the icy snow. Hope your recovery is going well, Steve.

Comment

The vaccine has now been delivered to my arm.

Must say I was very impressed with the professional manner we were all shepheard about to receive el jab with some very nice staff, after which we had a timed few minutes being monitored before leaving the venue. We were all given some literature what to expect and given cards with the vaccine batch number on.

Ironically it was delivered at what would have the venue for my film collectors fair and in the room with a 12ft screen on the wall. Yes I did ask what time the film was going to start.🤓

Comment

Steve and Lee, don't know how I missed this post. Something to do with anno domini I think. This virus is such a wretched business. A colleague visited us for the first time with his wife. He'd just retired. A month later and he was gone. It really shook my wife and me. Hope both of you and loved ones also involved will very quickly get back to where you were before the visitation. You are all now in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Thanks Dave, but I'd say I've fully recovered. I had some fatigue for a while, but I'm fine.

What's interesting is while I was sick I had a colossal ache in the muscles between my shoulder blades: made it hard to get a decent night's sleep. Every so often it comes back: weaker, shorter term each time.

My life is fine, but entirely different. I've been working remotely for 11 months now. I go to meetings on Zoom, I answer e-mails looking out the window at my backyard. I've saved at least 10,000 miles on my car. Maybe 4 times a month I drive out to work.

The day will come after enough of us have the vaccine, when they sound the all-clear and 4 times a month will become 20+ again. I get the feeling the adjustment to the old normal will be harder than the adjustment to this new one!

(-and you should see all the stuff in my house that was held together with duct-tape and Ty-Raps that's literally, properly fixed now!)

Comment

On the plus side, Steve, you have a life, which hundreds of thousands in the U.S.A. alone are bereft of. I hate some of the affects of this whole daft situation, but on the plus side, my relationships with fam are much better, and the very thought of a blasted little ole virus taking that all way has in fact woke me up personally as to how much I have tended to take a lot of these things for granted.

Comment

Really saddening Dave to hear that news. Our Church started a Zoom group which has been a great way to see friends and catch up. It has also been hard going at time seeing people lying in beds with covid totally wiped out and very poorly. We had a incidence when a doctor appeared to administer the vaccine to a elderly member which fetched on tears of joy for most of us. Emotional time for all.

The lock in here has not made a great deal of difference to me really as I usually work from home in my studio, but we cant meet up and we do miss our visitors to the film shows every now and again. I look on Covid as if we are all at war so we need to be very careful and take precautions with this particular enemy. If we behave and nations help each other we will be OK.

I'm enjoying my early morning exercise walks which run parallel to the railway lines, my 5 minute food shopping dash in and out and of course playing films which having this interest has been a life saver. Also kept occupied building a workshop for projector modifications something I always wanted which will make life easier and made some bird boxes popping them in the trees for the birds which has been entertaining.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Walk2.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	28319

Comment

Its good Lee that you still get out for walks, and hope everyone here is going OK. I think its going to be around for quite a while yet, the vaccine will however make the difference. My understanding is that even though, a person might receive the jab and feel fine, they could still be contagious to others, if they already have the virus in them.

Comment

Both my parents caught COVID back in October, but thankfully recovered. Although my dad still hasn’t fully recovered his sense of smell.

I’m thankful that the library where I work at is hosting the local Health Department for shots, but are allowing the Staff access to the vaccine. Got my first round last week, will be getting my next round in March.

stay safe my friends!

Comment

I am pleased to announce that on St. Patrick's Day I will receive my first vaccination shot at my nearby supermarket looking forward to getting through this and above all past it I encourage others to do the same

Comment

I just had my first of two shots last Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X