Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry to hear about Lee and his wife, and I hope you both make a full recovery. Just after Easter I caught the virus. Generally speaking up to that point I had very good health. I had intense vomiting/ dizziness/ diarrhoea for a few days but no coughing, fever or loss of smell, the typical syptoms. This was followed by further fatigue, pains around my body, dizziness, and nausea. However I thought I had food poisoning for 2 weeks because there was no mention from the government about my symptoms (and still none) so I was out and about within a few days, though still ill. It was not until 2 weeks later I suspected it was Covid, by talking to people and looking on Twitter. Even so I am still not fully recovered. I still have (6 months on) mild dizziness, pains and fatigue, which is not the same as being naturally tired. I apparently have 'Long Covid'!

Comment

Not good Martin

A few months on now and this is where we are at. Beloved wife had to have additional medical treatment due to poor breathing and the medical team were really wonderful. She is mending up quite well thank goodness.

I still get extreme fatigue as the day goes on but it is gradually improving. One thing that has plagued me since is Brain Fog which is affecting my focus, concentration and memory proving a difficult thing to manage at times. Having this is a difficult thing to cope with particularly as some can be less than understanding. Head ache is a frequent thing linked to it with the Doctor saying Neurological effects may last some months. Cheery!
      Throw into this a touch of Covid Post Traumatic Stress and we have had quite a handful.

Thank you everyone for the messages and good wishes, lets hope this thread has been a bit of comfort to anyone who has suffered with this plague.

Keep yourselves safe and well.

Comment

And there are still idiots on Facebook groups saying it's a hoax because "you have to have a test to show you have it"???!!!!! Just a government excuse for more controls, they say. Obviously they don't know anyone who has suffered from it.

I hope the after effect clear up soon, Lee.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Lee it sounds exactly like the experience people talk about in the earlier top here called "The Long Haulers" hope things improve for all that category, but at present we still don't know the long term effects, as research into it is still on going.

Until a vaccine comes on line next year its up to "the people themselves" to do the right thing to slow the spread, but frankly in quite a few cases overseas, if the news that we see here is anything to go by, in particular in the US, where it appears to be now out of control. The pressure on the medical people to deal with this must be intense, it must be very frustrating for them, as a lot could have been done to avoid it becoming this bad in the first place. I wonder how much, the normal day to day operations that hospitals usually deal with, have been put on hold, as medical staff are diverted to dealing with patients with this virus.

Comment

From what I heard on the news today, one of the immunizations ready to hit the market is supposed to be 90 percent effective, where the yearly flu shot is rarely even 50 percent effective, so at least that's hopeful, though most people won't be able to get it until next year.

Comment

What's concerning about this vaccination is that it's a two shot process. People have to be disciplined enough to get both injections or the virus will gradually become immune to the first vaccine and all bets are off!

I've gotten the Flu vaccine every year since I last had the Flu (it was realllly baaaaad!). I'll get this one for sure!

Comment

Also the second shot is three weeks after the first and immunity isn't until 7 days after that. I hope people remember the other precautions until then.

Comment

I hope and pray for your continued health to improve!

I was in quarantine a few weeks ago after both my parents contracted COVID-19. Thankfully, neither was seriously ill from it but they're still feeling the after-effects from the virus (Brain fog/no taste/Etc...).

Comment

I'm officially a coronavirus survivor, as well. I made an antibodies test on Friday and got the results this morning (so I'm positive). I was ill for about two weeks and "well" since seven days; so it seems that the worse is behind me. The only symptom left is the lost of smell (it can take from a few days to several months to recover that). I realize that in comparison with others, I've been lucky. Speedy recovery, Lee !

Comment

Sorry to hear about you folks getting the virus! I hope for your improvements.
                      Hopefully the 2 promising vaccines get out ASAP.
                      Also, Here is great news that sure beats getting a Qtip shuved up yer nose and costs less than $1!
                      https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/afric...ntl/index.html

Comment

Just thought I would mention, that after seeing the terrible news coming out from the US at present, and although we are fine here in NZ our thoughts are with you....stay safe.

Comment

Be awfully careful about these tests, as some doctors are charging upwards of 7000.00 per family, as they are charging for a whole lot of other things beyond covid, extra tests that they don't tell you that they are testing for.

Comment

Its odd the UK has worse numbers than the USA, even tha massaged official figures, well the 60K+( maybe 70+ ) plus`es here really but a 1/5th of the population.

The news here reports how bad the USA is but never seems to say that we are comparably are even worse.

If we did`nt have the so so controls we have at least, Yee gods.

I hope in the USA this year they say we will have a good thanks sgiving and Christmas in 2021, and the same for Christmas here.

Do things bigger just in 21.

The very odd deniers and we won`t wear a mask lot are a bizzare bunch.

Imagine not caring that you could kill people, large numbers even.

Hope our post Covid people on here keep getting well.

Its a truly dreadful virus.

Comment

We took every precaution that's a certainty prior to IT. Much washing of hands etc etc. I think the thing that made us so vulnerable to it was having injuries after our car crash and other health problemo's, at least that's what we think.

Once confirmed I had el Covid it was a daily strain as you nervously wondered will I stop breathing. Somewhere after day 5 I improved a little then the good lady started with it. I was in isolation of course and when beloved got it my isolation was renewed.
                              The worst part was sitting next to my wife one night listening to her breathing swallowing with a phone in one hand.

Our GP had been really wonderful phoning each day and I cant express enough how wonderfully caring she was, oh and thanks to neighbours leaving food parcels.

If anyone reading this has had it offer your blood plasma it is at least one upside to the final outcome to help others who will be suffering.

Comment

What does "GP" mean, Lee ?

Comment

Working...
                                X