Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting that video Graham. Dr Fauci gave a very clear explanation of the Covid situation, that I had not heard before. He is a truly great man, and is trusted here in the USA (on the pandemic). It is very sad that there are groups of people here who vilify him and dismiss his knowledge and experience.

Comment

Lee-I'm so sorry for what you and your wife are going through. Hoping for your full recovery. I am home all the time now.

Comment

Dear Lee, Be strong, have faith. My well-wishes to you both - Cheers Film mate - Shorty

Comment

Lee I feel so sad that you and your wife have had to go through such severe symptoms caused by the Covid-19 virus. I really hope you both are on the road to recovery and your health eventually returns to a more normal state. Hang in there ... you are in my prayers.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Lee, all the best and get well soon!

Comment

Thank you all and God bless. Other than the long term no smell or taste, aching joints and exhaustion I'm feeling more my old self. My dear wife I think turned a good corner yesterday and had a better night thankfully although she can only walk a few steps yet. This Plague cherry picks those who have underlying health conditions so that'll be us.
              One thing I forgot to mention is the shortness of breath. If and when you get this its important not to panic if you do you will only make it worse. Try to sit vertical and breath as calmly as you can to even things out. I did the NHS guide A FEW DEEP BREATHS AND END WITH A COUGH INTO A TISSUE then put in bin. I think it helped my lung capacity thru it.

Thankfully not all get the bad effects of this but that is cold comfort really.

Comment

Lee when you talk about a shortness of breath, that reminded me of Asthma than many adults and children have. I myself got it when I was young growing up in Glasgow during the 50s and early 60s. Back then there was no treatment, but have never forgotten the feeling of not being able to breath properly when it comes on. This virus that can effect the lungs is extremely dangerous to anyone that suffers from Asthma as well.

I don't think there can be anything worse than having to strain to breath, the more you try the harder it gets, it could be compared to drowning and gasping to just get one breath. Although there are ways worth control the effects in how you breath, but sometimes they don't work, hence a trip to the hospital.

When I see video of folk with this virus on oxygen, it runs a shiver through me, at the very thought of those poor folk are having to go through.

Paul...You are welcome, it does make me wonder at times about the human race. When you think about it, if you or I got sick, its a medical doctor we go to for help, not some politician for advice, who never went to medical school, and yet there are quite a few people who will believe them, over a doctor like Dr Fauci, who is more qualified than anyone else on the facts of the subject.

Comment

Hi Lee hope you both feel more back to normal soon.

Thankfully you`ve both been lucky to get through it.

Its a terrible and nasty virus and sadly in the UK not being taken seriously enough.

The people saying Lockdowns don`t work and its just flu etc etc seem to have no sense of how unfettered it would tear through us.

Your experience shows how easy it is to catch too.

Amazing you still ran a few films, but a lift and a cine buzz will only have done some good.

Sadly in the 3 of the worse affected countries the leaders all had it and got away with it but don`t seem to really give a stuff.

I know of a 17 year old girl localy was so poorly she was in hospital twice as rushed back in.

Its a Virus lottery how it affects people and so glad you both got a slightly better ticket.

Both do take care and soon be out from under its cloud. Thank goodness your doing well.

Best Mark.

Comment

Lee, our thoughts are with you and we hope for a speedy recovery for the both of you. Hang in there my friend...

Comment

Hi Lee, Very sorry to hear that you both caught the virus but pleased that you are recovering. It is worrying that so many people are not taking it seriously enough. You were lucky in getting a test and results in such a short time. It has been a total shambles in some areas. Being expected to travel hundreds of miles to get a test for example!! Best wishes to you both. Ken Finch.

Comment

Best wishes to you and your good lady, from the Osgoods. Our prayers are with you.

Comment

Wishing you both a full recovery soon of course, but because you seem to have taken all the precautions beforehand, have you given any thought to how you might have picked the virus up and where? Just in case it might help others avoid certain scenarios.

Comment

Thanks all!

Yes Terry. Isle 6 at Aldi supermarket checkout with a guy close behind me who I asked to step back as he coughed over everyone. I'm guessing I was not alone in picking it up that day.
                            Mending well now and beloved improving day by day. Shame we had to cancel our Kent trip also, a minor point but was looking forward to visiting Charles Hawtreys house.

Comment

That's terrible Lee and I truly feel for you both. Some people are so selfish and uncaring. I have seen similar acts in supermarkets but fortunately not close to me. Sounds like the worst is over for you and let's hope there are no long lasting symptoms, so ' chin up - no,no both of them ' ( L&H Chumps at Oxford)😊

Comment

I add my wishes for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Working...
                                X