8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 122)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2013 12:27 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys but no naked Agutter in this one... Tonight I watched A Tour of the Thomas Ince Studio (1922, 2 x 400ft Blackhawk Super 8) which is one of the absolute best behind the scenes shorts from the time period, because it is not just famous people mugging for the camera, it shows everything from the processing lab to editors to Ince screening dailies....Are there any camera nuts in here? Can you tell what cameras they are running in the 3rd picture? It is an absolute classic!

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2013 01:27 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched my BRUCE LEE TRAILER KUNGFU COLLECTION Super 8 color 400 reel . It was a bit warm and faded but for a film that is 36 years old that is about right. I got the film in the mid 1980s from Red Fox films.
 -
 -
 -

[ February 09, 2013, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 09, 2013 01:49 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, I love you man! Most folks will only show they're best looking films in this screenshot section, but you show them all!

I only wish I had the camera dexterity that all you folks do!

(that, and time to watch more films these days!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2013 05:47 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a very good name for a film company " Red Fox" I have quite a few from them, both originals and when Derann reprinted them.

Their advertising was it a tabloid style type newspaper?

More Jenny please [Smile] plus opening credits to "Barbarella"

More memories of film collecting. Happy days.

My recent screenings have sadly been dvd or you tube types, which is not too bad as watching some older films.
i have promised the kids a film show next weekend.
Cindy really likes Laurel & Hardy so its one of them, Henry likes trains.

My other daughter watched "The Lady Vanishes" on DVD and she really enjoyed it. "That was fun" she's Thai. Not bad for a 75 year old film. Good old Alfred.

My wife Tik watched "Oh Mr Porter" and enjoyed it too. Looking out for a super 8 copy of that.

Remember going to cinema to see Kung Fu in the UK they were X certified, so to see one for me at that time was good. Sure the dubbing was done in the toilets using wooded planks [Big Grin]

Trying to find out what it is about real film that makes it so special. The Baron could sum it up "It Lives" or "Its Alive"

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 03:04 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having finally gotten my collection back up, I pretty much run films for a few hours every night now, just to catch up!

Last night I had a healthy amount of film that I screened, most of them films I haven't seen yet, to evaluate their condition:

Psycho - German 400' Piccolo print. Needs clean and English re-record.
Helter Skelter - 2x400' Iver Films print, needs cleaning.
The Longest Yard - 3x400 on 2x600 Marketing print, looked great!
Birth of a Nation - first two 400' reels, saving the rest for tonight [Smile]
and finally
Animal House - 2x400 on 1x600 U8 print, one of my favorites.

Grabbed some screenshots during the last film.

-

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 11, 2013 03:17 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David I think you may find Classic home cinema have a copy of Oh Mr Porter in right now. [Smile]

Dan A. Caprio
Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 09:00 AM      Profile for Dan A. Caprio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alvin "Laksmi" Breathwaite

Bruce Lee that's what you have listed on ebay right now..... [Eek!]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRUCE-LEE-Collections-Super-8-color-film- /170987902590?pt=US_Film&hash=item27cfac567e

its WAY overpriced for $300 ...just sayin..maybe $30 [Big Grin]
color red would probably look good after a few pints.. [Wink]

good luck with your auction.. [Razz]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 10:12 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Dan, If I could find this collection print really easly I would buy another myself . But it is really rare. I have never seen anyone selling this on low fade film stock from RED FOX FILMS. Then I would just give it away. I think the price is okay to anyone who wants to make an offer. But it is a Kungfu film I have had for over 35 years and it has great sentamental value to me. Maybe it is not worth so much to other collectors but to me it is priceless. If no one wants it that is okay but many people want it. So I guess it is worth what you are willing to pay for it. I wanted to buy Blade Runner trailer from some guy and he told me that he would not sell at any price . I said name your price he would not sell the print. I said everything is for sale at the right price. This guy sold a rare trailer of Forbidden Planet for over 100 dollars . I don't know what the condition of the print looked like but buyers did not care. And this is the same with many films sold on or off eBay. I guess 30 dollars is all that it is worth to you. But to a devottee of Kungfu it is priceless. I have a rare Ray Harryhausen reel of trailers of his films that I would never let go of for over 300 . I'm sure you have films you feel the same way about. Or if you can't sell cheap don't sell at all.  - Anyway last night I watched the Disney trailer reel of Animation.  -

-

-
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Dan A. Caprio
Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Dan A. Caprio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck Alvin...
Long live Mr. Lee [Big Grin]
enjoy the trailers...their free ... [Wink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjviTNBmeNk

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 04:04 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi Your Kung Fu trailers is the last one HapKiDo? Watched it last night on you tube enjoyed it, although quality not too good.

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 04:23 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And tonight:
The last four 400' reels of "The Birth of a Nation"!

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2013 10:43 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan that you tube link was great ! But my hobby for 8 and 16mm cost money . So why am I buying films? I guess all I need is a big flat panel, computer, [Eek!] and You Tube? Oh and by the way David my last trailer I think is Lady KUNGFU.

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2013 03:53 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi Thanks for info, I think HapKiDo was also called Lady Kung Fu. I only use the tube when its something I haven't got.

Still keep buying mainly super 8, but also some 16mm.

Four I have to watch on super 8:

Disney's Mickey Mouse & His Pals 400'
Hollywood and the Stars: The One and Only Bing B/W 600'
Laurel & Hardy in Towed In A Hole B/W Sound 400'
Black Sunday. Robert Shaw 3X400FT

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2013 06:03 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lamski-

I have that 400 foot trailer reel too. I love those trailers, especially Lady Kung Fu! She's so cool, slapping folks with her pony tail [Cool] . Really fun trailers, and I love the cheesy English-dub, and the announcer on the trailers.

I hooked some of those trailers with the Ken 200 foot Kung-Fu movies, which are of the same era.

James.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2013 04:00 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday February 12, 2013:

- "The Godfather" - Super 8, 2x600' Marketing print, faded brown, works nice with a cyan filter!
- "The Cat Above and the Mouse Below" - 16mm, 400', faded pink, works fine with a cyan filter aswell!

Here's some shots of the B&H TQIII in action!

-

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2013 12:09 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Christian nice filter shots! I was watching a old classic last night super 8mm 600 reel color sound Harryhausen Animation 7th Voyage of SinBad  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

-
 -

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2013 06:35 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A screening of my latest purchase - A beautiful 4 x 600ft scope print of "Raise The Titanic"
 -
 -

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2013 11:49 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Raise The Titanic" Far better than the critics made out. I really enjoy watching this film on super 8. Nice screen shots too.

One of Derek Simmonds proudest moments.

Long live film

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2013 01:22 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David. Actually, it's the first time i've ever watched it.
It's had such bad press over the years and I had such low expections that....I really enjoyed it too! Just realised I put the screenshots in the wrong order. It appears to be sinking again!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2013 01:52 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Raise the Titanic fan base must be all outside of the US since I wonder how many here have even seen the film, because clearly they did not go to the theatre when we ran it back in the day.....Tonight I finally replaced my external transformer and watched a couple of 9.5mm films on the Specto. First up was a Monty Banks comedy entitled Le Coiffeur Improvise aka Taxi Please (1923, Film Office 2 x 300ft) and then a short western entitled The Great Rodeo (aka Ride Em High) (1927, 1 x 300ft Pathescope SB768)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2013 07:57 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened the first 600' reel of Logans Run, Derann Scope print, to get some screenshots of it.

-

Sadly, the first two reels suffer from green lines, but I still enjoy it!

--------------------

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2013 10:03 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oranges and Lemons (1923)

-

Why do I like slapstick? Why do I like to see guys beating up on each other, jumping all over and socking and fighting? Because it's all in fun and these actors are very good at it. This film is simply an ensemble juggling act. fists, oranges and lemons, conveyor belts and stomachs are the 'objects' that get juggled. Most of the action is in the warehouse where the crates are moved up to the storage loft via-pain. Stan Laurel is so adept at physical humor, this before his teaming up with Oliver Hardy. The actors make it look simple, but these are gymnasts and comedians at work. This sort of physical humor is by the way perfect for pre schoolers, they love this stuff and so do I.

Interesting looking films Dino. I've never heard of them. A Tour of the Thomas Ince Studio looks just terrific for film historians and film buffs.

[ February 17, 2013, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Richard Bock ]

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2013 04:06 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first film purchase of 2013 was a real classic "Lost Horizon" or as it says in the re-release titles "Lost Horizon of Shangri-La".
This print is a mix of different releases. Some parts are Eastman, some AGFA, Fuji and 3M. But it is coplete, with the exeption of the soundtrack only parts with stills that are included on the DVD.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

[ February 17, 2013, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Lars-Goran Ahlm ]

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2013 02:11 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Christian any Agutter clips from the Scope Logan's Run? And nice shots Lars from Horizon. To night I watched my 16mm feature 20 THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA 16mm Classic 1954 Disney Feature Flim 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Mounted on three 1600ft reels
First 5min is IB Tech Scope
The remainder is SP Flat with plenty of color
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

-

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2013 05:05 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My second buy of 2013 is also a 16MM film, one that was mentioned in a other topic here: Meteor.
A scope Eastman copy from 1979 with plenty of colour left, much better than shown in the photos.
Now this was a disaster-movie in two ways, first the topic: a big meteor hurtling towards earth, secondly in killing of one of the bigger "smaller" film companies: American International Pictures.
I had not seen this since it was new and I ran it at the cinema, but remembered I thought it was rather good. And surprisingly I still think so, it has stood the test of times pretty good.
I can't understand why it bombed at the time.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123  124  125  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC