8mm Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 221)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 221 pages: 1  2  3  ...  218  219  220  221 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Kev Morrison
Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2019 09:43 AM      Profile for Kev Morrison   Email Kev Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Kill the Wabbit"!

A Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fwudd classic!

Thanks to you, Steve, I'll now have that danged song in my head for the rest of the day! Aggggh!
[Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 09, 2019 10:04 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad was heavy duty into classical music, but used to hate Bugs Bunny (-called him a wise-ass!).

-What's Opera Doc brought him around!

It's one of the greats, but had a working budget multiple times what other cartoons then in production had, and Chuck Jones knew it would never fly with the studio if he presented it as such.

-here is a great cartoon that only exists because someone cooked the books!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 09, 2019 10:24 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser   Email Janice Glesser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was silent night [Smile] Started out with Laurel and Hardy's "The Second Hundred Years" and followed by Melies' "Trip to the Moon."

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 09, 2019 07:15 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claude François, le film de sa vie (Claude François, the film of his life), a film released in super 8 in Belgium after the (sudden)death of the famous French singer Claude François (after an electrical shock in his bad, in the '70s, safety standards were different from what they are nowadays)). He wrote a song (Comme d'habitude) that was adapted in English Under the title "My Way". At least, that should tell something to Anglo Saxon audiences [Wink]

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2019 10:10 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I screened U8 400’ Abbott & Cosrello Go to Mars and the 400’ Flintstones Ann Margrock Presents. [Smile]

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2019 11:47 AM      Profile for Melvin England   Email Melvin England   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Saturday night in the Den was as follows....

Trailers to Titanic, Jurassic Park and Schindler's List.

Then it was reels 2,3,4,and 5 of Casablanca. Still on the lookout for reels 1 and 6 after all these years!

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Rik Jackman
Junior

- posted February 10, 2019 05:08 PM      Profile for Rik Jackman   Email Rik Jackman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend we had my wife's family round for a meal and afterwards they asked me to give them the home cinema experience. I duly obliged and even threw in some old fashioned choc ices during the intermission [Wink]
The film I selected was the classic 'No Limit' (4x400') starring George Formby which is a real classic in my opinion (although to be honest anything with motorbikes in it is a winner in my book!)
I'm claiming it as a roaring success - the kids were engaged enough to stop looking at their mobiles and all cheered George along. I even managed to get them to join us in a couple of songs!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 14, 2019 05:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alien, the digest (in French). Fading copy but most of the colours are still there.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 15, 2019 01:38 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Limit.
Back in the day Derek got hold of a 35mm print to produce the super 8 print. He phoned with the news at the time and its probably the best B&W on Acetate out there from the UK.
Off the Dole was another one lifted from 35mm and a early 4X400 from them. I still have my print a early one diving in quickly to order in the 70's and just a little bit precious to me. [Cool]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 221 pages: 1  2  3  ...  218  219  220  221 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2010 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC