8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Chip Carpenter
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2008 09:21 AM      Profile for Chip Carpenter   Email Chip Carpenter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You got "Lil Abner", did reel two play O.K.?
Hey Osi - yep, played well! Reel 3 dropped the lower loop twice, but nothing too bad . . . cleaned it with FilmGuard and mounted it on 2 800' reels. You're right about the old silent comedians, it was interesting spotting them in the movie, and going, "wait a minute, wasn't that xxxx" [Big Grin]

thanks!
Chip

----woo-hoo - top of page 6!--------

--------------------
Elmo ST-1200HD M with the Elmo 1.1 Lens and a Chinon 2500GL

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2008 11:20 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just screened AIRPORT 80 2x400ft from Universal 8 and THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE 1x400ft from Ken Films, my latest buys from the internet!
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2008 07:57 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night finished screening new Derann feature print of The Adventures of Robin Hood.....obtained through the Reel Image....super...just like IB tech. Flynn is THE best Robin and this is the best Robin Hood movie.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2008 02:58 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gary,

I absolutely agree with you.

Flynn is the best of the best of the best Robin Hood ever.

But I know a more best Robin.

It's my son. He's born yesterday!

We have call him "Robin" because of Robin Hood played by Eroll..

Regards,

JC.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2008 03:36 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jean-Christophe!

Congratualtions on the arrival of Little Robin!! [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2008 05:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JEAN!!!

Many Happy returns to you on the birth of your son Robin!!

Perhaps in the future, they (yours and my son) will compare they're projectors with each other and screen films together! [Big Grin]

CONGRATULATIONS!!

STILL MORE PROOF THAT WE COLLECTORS DO IN FACT TEAR OURSELVES AWAY FROM THE MOVIE PROJECTORS!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2008 06:07 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean,

Congrats on your new arrival!!!!

Cheers Mark W

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2008 09:05 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched "The League of Gentlemen" 4x400ft (Powell I think) and "Sherlock Holmes Faces Death" 4x400ft (Niles). Great films, especially the first one as it has a stella cast.
Congratulations on the birth of little Robin Jean-Christophe, and thanks again for the print of "Gunga Din" which is just great and one of my favourite films, though I can't see myself naming any of my future children after the title character. [Big Grin]

Paul.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2008 02:01 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jean,
congratulations to your son Robin!
Hope, everything is okay with your family.
Best regards,
Michael

Edit:
Ooops - I forgot to say, what I saw last night [Smile]
A wonderful and rare print of "Rear Window" with german sound.
I love such good Hitchcock's. Next year I will get "To catch a thief" - again one of my favorites.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 27, 2008 02:43 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Félicitations Jean-Christophe ! Welcome to the club. And the dad job hasn't taken me away from my projectors. On the contrary, we have family screenings now. Margaux saw Star Wars when she was only a few months old and she got mesmerized by the big spinning reels on the Elmo... [Wink]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2008 02:14 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc,

And thank's everyone for your congratulation. Everyone are fine: mother and Robin.

Jean-Marc, no problem with the father's job. I've already have a little girl: Audrey, 4 1/2 years. We call her "audrey" because we like the little cartoon serie from Paramount" little Audrey". And now, she ask me to see good pictures with my projector: several cartoons like pinky panther, goldorak and Mickey and some features like "beauty and the beast", "jungle book", etc... But she also like some "Laurel & Hardy" short, and last week, she has seen some extract of "Grease".
Yes, she like movie and the good old cinema!
Un amour!

Regards,

Jean-Christophe.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2008 03:28 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Opened a brand new in it's cellophane,3x400 Marketing,"One Eyed Jacks", last night.Colour was a bit flat but otherwise,sharp as a tack and brilliant sound.It will be the last new digest I ever get to open! [Wink] Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2008 09:22 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another night of Super 8 (I love the winter months, it gets dark nice and early). "Daleks Invasion Earth: 2150 AD" a lovely Walton feature with great colour apart from slight fade only on reel 3 for some reason. And "Vampyres" 4x400ft from Powell films, a little warm but all the colours were there. It's quite an explicit picture so it's definitely for mature audiences. Still it was good to see Michael Byrne in an early role many years before he came up against Indiana Jones.

Paul.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 28, 2008 01:29 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And an official "Congratulations!" via the forum to you Jean-Christophe!

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 02:30 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One more time to screen a feature: The Kempski copy of "Dr. Zhivago" in german.
On television it's boring but on 3 neters great, lovely and fascinating [Smile]

At the end I checked the 1st Act of "The great race" full feature.

Best regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 06:20 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a nice Thanksgiving evening show, all in 16mm this time. I had to show a couple "turkeys" on Thanksgiving, so it was OFFICE ETIQUETTE, a 1950 classroom short that demonstrated how women should behave and act while working in an office. This was followed by a five minute U.S. Army Band reel of "THANKSGIVING DAY MUSIC". Next on the big screen was the 1951 classic short "A DAY OF THANKSGIVING" in which a turkey-less family reflects on their blessings. Enough with the "turkeys"; it was time to watch the feature. I was proud to show my IB Tech print of THE JOLSON STORY. My wife and visiting daughter, watching it for the first time, loved the film. The Basset Hounds fell asleep. Overall, a very enjoyable evening.

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2008 05:35 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received some trailers and commercials that I'd picked up from a previously unknown e-bay seller; spliced them together with a couple of other trailers to create a ten minute pre-feature reel.

Absolutely splendid colour in the trailers (30 second TV spots).

One of the adverts is from the early 70s for Armadillo (spelling?) Sherry. The background music being 'Is This The Way to Amarillo'. The unique selling point being that it's a draught sherry; you bring your empty bottles to the off license and they fill them from some very tacky looking plastic barrels! I think I actually recall seeing this when I was a kid.

Also screened my recently acquired Betty Boop's Rise to Fame. A pretty decent print only spoiled by the base line scratches from whatever intermediate print / negative it was make from.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2008 05:54 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE STRANGER is most probably a Thunderbird release.It is listed in their catalog ,although there is not a Thunderbird logo on the film itself {printed from a reissue copy from Independent Releasing Corporation)

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 30, 2008 03:39 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By special request of the family, encore screening of The Madagascar Penguins

[ November 06, 2010, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 05:50 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a corny 16mm 1970's motor racing film/travelogue set around speed week on the Gold Coast here in Surfers Paradise called Thunder in Paradise. It is Gold if you love big V8 Australian muscle cars. It is now on ebay. Only selling as it features too many Fords and Holdens and not enough Mopars.

I also ran Von Ryans Express the Ken digest and Gerald McBoing Boing Columbia cartoon on my new Eumig S 940.

David

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 01:12 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, started with the lion king and then went on to watch The Snowman followed up by a Christmas Caper.

Great films! I had forgotten how good Lion King was and a good sound track. Such a pity that my copy of Christmas Caper has such a poor soundtrack/must re-record it.

The snowman marks the start of christmas for us. It is a great s8 print-one from Ian of Perrys (thanks) and is in perfect shape.

I know it sounds sad, but running a film from the 1980's on a projector also from that era was superb. I admit that in about an hour I will go on to project a DVD b ut I still marvel at how a frame 8mm square can be reproduced on a largeish screen. Funny how I don' t think the same about those little binary numbers [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 01:43 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night it was Eisenstein's OCTOBER ,std8 silent,followed by two rather rare Buster Keatons ,Educational's DITTO, and THE ARMY STORY , complete episode from Keaton's TV show,with danish subtitles,both std8 and,unfortunately mute.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2008 03:30 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Annual Turkeyfest continued Saturday evening with a wild 1941 soundie "PAPAYA" followed by "LET'S MAKE A PIE" in beautiful Kodachrome. The feature was one of the worst films ever made: the 1958 Paramount release "COUNTRY MUSIC HOLIDAY" starring Zsa Zsa Gabor and Rocky Graziano.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2008 11:32 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screening Date Monday Night December 1st:

super 8 sound A Walt Disney Christmas 400' digest mixed clips of their cartoons with Xmas themes

DVD LCD National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Perhaps one of the funniest christmas movies ever made - The Griswald Family pure dysfuction & chaos at it's best :-)

This screening was actually the first time I did a changeover from super 8 directly to DVD. It took alittle pratice the night before, but the c/o was flawless when I wanted it to be. And oh my, the switch between super 8 analog mono to DVD Digital, not to mention going from 1:33 to 1:85 - just plain SWEEEEET!

:-)

CG

Screening Date Thursday night December 4th

TREAD SOFTLY STRANGER on super 8mm. From the late 1950's comes this crime drama with the very sexy Diana Dors. Two brothers decide to rob the safe where they work during the shift change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3F5cDdOdW8

[Big Grin]

[ December 05, 2008, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2008 12:26 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just had my Xmas show for the kids and screened the following..

TOM & JERRY-TOPS WITH POPS-200ft-CINEVISION PRINT-Slightly soft with lovely colour.

A WALT DISNEY CHRISTMAS-400ft-Stunning Buck labs print,superb colour!

THE SMALL ONE-200ft Walt Disney short

THE SNOWMAN-WALKING IN THE AIR-200ft extract

Cheers MW

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC