8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 105)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 30, 2012 11:51 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially the ice cream come lens!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 01, 2012 01:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really like this one:

-

-not just because I like drive-in theaters (or chocolate cake...)

-but because the Dad that made it actually saw "Jaws" at our long deceased drive-in back in the day!

If I'd known he was going to do this I would have brought my drive-in speaker for supporting decoration.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Eric Ray
Junior

- posted May 01, 2012 09:44 PM      Profile for Eric Ray   Email Eric Ray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope the cake was tasty.
I just watched Hindenberg Explodes by Pathegrams. A very dramatic tragedy.

-
 -
 -

I also watched a Japanese travelogue I think. A film by Sakuragraph.
 -
 -

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 02, 2012 01:37 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I watched a fairly good 16mm LPP print of "Yellowbeard".

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2012 06:16 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric, what film type is that (35?)

James.

Eric Ray
Junior

- posted May 03, 2012 08:31 PM      Profile for Eric Ray   Email Eric Ray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The two films were silent 16mm. The Hindenburg Explodes was one of the first from Pathegrams, released in 1937. I do not know much about the Japanese film from Sakuragraph.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 04, 2012 01:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a super 8 optical sound feature of "Yellowbeard that was thankfully, printed on LPP film stock and the colors are still brilliant. It's a better comedy than it is usually given credit for being!

I have the "Hindenburg Explodes" documentary, but curiously, it states that it is edited by Eugene Castle and was one of the very first Castle Films releases. I have it on standard 8mm on a "blue" B/W Kodak film stock, (I bet it turned blue over time), however, the image quality isn't the sharpest, which is a rarity for standard 8mm, but a neat time capsule, to be sure!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2012 06:22 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi, personally, I think Yellowbeard is far more fun than the "Pirates of the Carribean" movies (and thankfully, MUCH shorter) but that's just me!

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 06, 2012 04:01 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had another great all Super 8 show last night,here's the line up

Vertical Limit with Virgin Cinema day set-lovely sharp print!
Hits from the Pits-Lovely compilation of 50's monster movie trailers
Trails of Terror-Collectors club trailer reel more of above
The Passage-Scope trailer-Short version
Dracula-Frank Langella 2 x 400ft lovely Agfa print great colour!
The Muppet Movie 600ft Walton release colours still good

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2012 12:18 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watch the THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN 400 " digest . And it was great check out my screen shots. Check out the other pictures on the review page.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2012 06:32 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Octopussy" trailer (super 8. nice colour/sound)
"Saps at Sea" (Blackhawk super 8)
 -

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2012 08:19 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Laksmi- That appears to be the combined 400 with extra 200 foot scenes included. Thats cool. Good pictures.

James.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2012 01:00 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been awhile, mainly since I have been preoccupied, but after attending the theatre to finally see the excellent BULLY, I watched a couple of silent 9.5mm shorts. First up was DYNAMITE (1920, Pathescope SB807 1 x 300ft) starring the extremely funny but not always PC Lloyd 'Ham' Hamilton, followed by SNUB THE FERRYBOAT MAN aka THE OLD SEA DOG (1922, Pathescope SB847 1 x 300ft) which is one of the Snub Pollard starring vehicles he made for Hal Roach that was directed by Charley Chase.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2012 01:32 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SO....I had a bit of a mishap recently..I was being nice and took my Eumig 807 that I normally use for standard 8's to a special home movie event at a museum here in town. Well, the leather case it lives in ripped completely and the projector bounced on the concrete of the parking garage, and ....well that was the end of her...I have yet to figure out what broke, but she don't work no mo!....SO I figured I needed another and decided to pick up another 824 instead, and luckily found a completely mint one that looked like it barely was ever used. So tonight I watched a really rare Clara Bow feature...The print is not the greatest quality but is an old Film Classic Exchange, and until i find a better one this is it...... FREE TO LOVE (1925, 5 x 200ft)

-

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2012 12:27 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,

Is that the Film - O - Clean device that's mounted to the front of the projector?
If it is, then there seems to be a considerable amount of black residue from the film which is displaced onto the film cloth wheels.

I'm reluctant to own one and in fear that any black build-up, broken sprocket would
scratch or tear the film. Is it possible that a hanging sprocket chad could break off and scratch the film or lodge in its pathway? What has been your experience with the machine?

Last but not least, does the fluid from the unit either soften or dull the films sharpness during projection?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2012 03:06 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday May 20, 2012

Poker night with the missus, her brother, sister and some friends of ours, so I brought the ELMO along to show some films for both ourselves and the kids before they went to bed.

Round 1 (for the kids):
Tom & Jerry Big Reel (800', five films)
Mickeys Trailer (200' WDHM)
Askeladden & De Gode Hjelperne (400' Norwegian Stopmotion film)
Winnie-the-Pooh (400' WDHM)
Mickeys Memorable Moments (400' WDHM)

Round 2 (for the adults during break in poker):
Jaws (U8 2x400)
Our Gang: Follies of 1938 (400' Blackhawk)
A&C: Who's On First? (U8 200')
then finished with some assorted home movies

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2012 09:36 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My outdoor film series "Summer Movie Nights" started this past Saturday with "WEST SIDE STORY". Superb Scope print I received from Mike Peckham, and a great stereo re-record by Lance Alspaugh, gave us a great show! Around 30 friends joined in, and everyone had a great time!

Next month: "AIRPLANE!", so if you happen to be in Nashville the weekend of the 23rd, let me know. I'm running one show a month through October.

-

-

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2012 09:39 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't projected a film in three weeks now. Must get my projector out; hopefully this weekend. Superb pics everyone!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2012 01:48 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I have never had a case of the fluid affecting the focus, and yes the excessive black you see on the cleaning media is from some 9.5 films as they are often FILTHY when I get new ones...The media is re-useable, and while that section in the picture looks like a real dirty spot, most of the roll is still pretty decent.......As for your concerns they are unnecessary, as I watch every single film I project on all gauges with the cleaner, and have not had any issues like you mention...Keep in mind that the cleaning media is progressing along, so if you had that rare, weird occurrence where something came off the film and lodged itself in the media, it wouldn't really have a chance to scratch the film since the media is moving from one roller over to another roller, so that lodged piece would get moved over to the "take up" roll..Trust me since MANY of the 9.5 films I watch not only have broken sprockets, but often have these little plastic sprocket repair tabs that come off now, and i have never had a case of them sticking in the media nor scratching the film...I can't imagine watching old films with out the film o clean now

--------------------

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2012 03:48 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sakuragraph
Cool! I didn't know that Konica released films under their own label(s), too.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2012 08:55 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's been a month since we watched something on film. A friend's visit was a good excuse to dig into my collection. The first screening was the Oscar winner An Occurrence on Owl Creek Bridge. The print is not as good as I remembered it from a previous screening; today I noticed the contrast isn't the best.

-

If that short didn't blow my friend away, the cinemascope projection certainly did. Hugh recently gifted me a collection of extracts put out by Derann; some of them will surprise anyone. The best is a sequence from Capricorn One involving two planes. Next we watched a trailer of Lawrence of Arabia with the best picture and sound I have experienced.

-

The screen size for my scope projection was definitely over 11 feet with okay-okay brightness. We were quite happy.

-

Thanks, Hugh!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 29, 2012 02:08 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn’t it great to see so many people having so much fun with film.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 30, 2012 06:03 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,you're quite right Lee,it'sa great hobby and one that can be shared with other people and nice way to round off a pleasant
afternoon with friends, as Akshay has shown with his great
screenshots.I think that presentation would definately impress
on an 11' screen.Well done.The other film you showed I also have
on 16mm and it is a very sad little tale that still packs a punch.
So I would imagine your guests had a very enjoyable day Akshay
and top marks for presentation.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2012 02:01 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh, it wasn't as good as it could have been. My walls, roof, floor, .... all are white! Although the room is large with side walls far apart, the ceiling is low. So we had light reflecting from the top and bottom of the image. Yesterday we made peace with this and enjoyed what we could.

If I don't have second thoughts on the hobby, like Roger Skunk is experiencing now, I will save up for a cinemascope screen. Let's see how things go.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 31, 2012 04:02 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ed Wood trailer and Flip the Frog in What a Life. Good old Flip!
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC