8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 78)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2010 02:51 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoah no one is watching any movies?

Tonight was a very special night...I worked my final day at my current job and will start a new, much higher paying job on Monday..It has been a scary last 8 months while my wife looked for work, but starting monday things will be getting back to normal...so as the perfect celebration (even though it is friday the 13th) my friends from the echo park film center and I did an outdoor filmmobile screening on Market street down in Venice of my 16mm print of Roller Boogie....It was so much fun, we all put on some vintage roller skates they bought at the thrift store and skated around first, then when it got dark enough we set up a small PA and I projected the movie on a 6ft screen on the side of the bus... Everyone had a great time and even when a car drove by it was just part of the fun...It was total guerilla style, and the print is actually more colorful than my pics.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2010 12:39 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those are the "fun" type of screenings Dino. [Big Grin]

quote:
whoah no one is watching any movies?
I don't post about digital projection [Wink] that is all I did yesterday.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2010 02:54 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear that good things are coming your way, Dino. This economy continues to beat us down.

Great pics here! I remember when Roller Boogie came out, 79/80'ish? Our next poolside screening is coming up next Saturday, so I'm excited about that. So far, 35 guests are confirmed.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2010 05:51 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight!

A jolly holiday(Mary Poppins) 1x200ft

Rupert and the frogsong 1x400ft

The rescuers Downunder 3x600ft

Cheers everybody [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2010 08:14 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino-

Thanks for posting the "Roller Boogie" pics. I saw it in '79 at the movie theater, and I watch it about once a year (on DVD unfortunately [Frown] ). Wish I coulda been there! Its a fun movie. My favorite scene is the opening, when Cher's "Hell on Wheels" plays, while everyone skates down the boardwalk [Wink] .

I have had a few fun screenings this summer, but I don't usually post here unless I can take some screen shots. I'll try to get some soon!

Just the other evening, I screened:

Shaft (400 foot digest)
Mako (400 foot digest)
Superman Cartoon (Fliesher- Mummy episode)
Pieces of Silver (Derann 200 foot- MY FAVE!)

James.

Spencer Bradley
Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2010 08:21 AM      Profile for Spencer Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two nights ago I watched the first 4 reels of Kong Kong. Last night I watched the last two reels of it and The Three Stooges Uncivil Warriors.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2010 05:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
14th August 2010, Saturday

Super 8 show with Disney's MAKE MINE MUSIC (MUSICA MAESTRO in Italian).

Very rare print mounted on 4*600ft reels, Eastman stock.
Althought faded, this is a must.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2010 08:22 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a rare animated feature on super 8. I wish Derann would have gotten around to putting it out on low fade stock.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2010 01:14 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James, since you are familiar with the "Boogie" have you ever realized how the lyrics to whatever song is playing are always exactly what is happening. It is so close it makes me laugh...By the end of the screening i had everyone laughing as I was making up my own songs "Jammers' in the car, gonna drive to Arizona and retire, but the kids wanna have the boogie contest..." OK I Guess it loses something without the music playing, but it was hilarious. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2010 03:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only, Guy [Roll Eyes] ...

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2010 05:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
17th August 2010, Tuesday-

Super 8 show with MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS by Vincente Minnelli starring Judy Garland (1944).

Gorgeous Derann print on Eastman LPP. Sharpness is not excellent, whereas color is.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1,0

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2010 12:50 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, as always.... WOW! At one point I had an IB Tech 16mm reel from this film but it was going down the vinegar trail so i gave it off to someone who would get some last gasp enjoyment out of it.

Speaking of 16mm today I watched a 16mm silent print of a sometimes forgotten film called THE GOOSE WOMAN (1925). This is one of those films that never had any hoopla about it but Kevin Brownlow swears by it, and I know that Bob Gitt at UCLA has been working on a full preservation of it. Everyone is great in it from Jack Pickford in one of his final performances, to Lousie Dresser in one of her best. It is a really well acted melodrama about family/class and overall acceptance of ones' place in the world, sort of in the same vein as HIS PEOPLE from the same year, only with a murder (instead of religion) as the catalyst.

Overall it was a pretty good print with good contrast, but quite a bit of printed in wear, and lines.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2010 06:21 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a really HOT summer, when just thinking of running a projector made me turn out in a cloudburst of sweat, I finally got around to se one of my latest additions last night.
The film was "The Greatest Show on Earth" on 16MM and the print was in Technicolor. And apart from the usual scratches you find on these ex library prints, it was in excellent condition. The print was obviously originally used in Norway, since it has Norwegian subtitles.

Tomorrow I shall try and watch the other film I bought at the same time, "We're No Angels", also 16MM but not a Technicolor print unfortunately. [Frown]

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2010 03:06 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dino.
Your shots are nice too!

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2010 07:57 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Early this morning I watched "The Blue Lagoon" the original feature on 16mm. I wish I had a method of posting screen shots because Jean Simmons looks great in a sarong.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2010 06:59 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Judith of Bethulia & The White Hell of Piz Palu--both on Std8. Thanx Takh [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 03, 2010 10:47 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony from Disney's Fantasia Parts I and II (-spliced on a 600 Foot reel).

Magical, Spectacular!

Review: Pastoral Symphony

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2010 06:03 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16th September 2010, Thursday

16mm show with Disney's LILO & STITCH by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois.

2*1600ft reels, Kodak Vision stock.
Fun fun fun.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo 16CL; Isco 1,3

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2010 05:07 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
19th September 2010, Sunday.

Super 8 show with KRAMER VS. KRAMER by Robert Benton, starring Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep (Usa, 1979).

Good Italian edition on 6*600ft reels, Eastman stock (a little brownish, but definitely good enough to be happy with).
Rare title (bootleg library print).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,1

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2010 06:55 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh, Gian... did not know you had Kramer vs. Kramer. Very good! Love that movie!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2010 07:12 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Greg.
I recently acquired it (but it's not an easy print fo find).
Love that too.
Thanks a lot, my friend!
Take care.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2010 06:02 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool Gian! Would have never thought "Kramer Vs. Kramer" would be on super 8! It is a very good movie. I actually found the sound track LP in a thrift store recently in mint condition, cover and all! Great instrumental music.

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 09:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love that soundtrack too, James.
Well, even if lots of those bootleg prints issued here in Italy are so bad, I must say surprises happen.
And this was one for sure.
Ciao.

--------------------

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2010 01:01 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday we watched the beautiful collector's version with excellent printing and vivid color super 8mm "Mickey Mouse the first fifty years", and then the excellent DVD movie "Cinema Paradiso"

-

[ September 23, 2010, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Jorge Rondao ]

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2010 07:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7th October 2010

16mm show with GIANT by George Stevens, starring Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean, Dennis Hopper, Carroll Baker (Usa 1956).

6*1600ft reels on Agfa stock.

-  -
 -  -  -  -
 -  -

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC