8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2009 11:15 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didnt know Derann issued both Mono and Stereo versions. I have it and it is a fantastic print. I think I have the stereo version but will check when I get home.

Graham S

|  IP: Logged

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2009 01:52 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole feature from the snowman?i still hope someone has this one for me,i buy the extract,because the whole feature was not avaible [Frown]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 04, 2009 02:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen ...

Yep! Derann released "The Snowman" as the full 30 minute featurette. I have it in stereo, but I'd love to re-record with lance Alspaugh, as I'm sure that he would do a far better job of it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2009 05:47 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Graham. I confirm Derann issued both mono and stereo versions of THE SNOWMAN. Same artwork; same quality print. Just a little STEREO sticker on the box of this second edition.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2009 11:01 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday June 4th @ 10:00pm

HOW TO BEAT THE HIGH COST OF LIVING

Super 8 Optical Sound

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 05, 2009 01:29 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday's show:
assorted old commercials from the 70s (VW beetle, Coca Cola...) + trailers to 2012, Terminator Salvation, The House of Exorcism (Lucio Fulci)

[ November 06, 2010, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 04:18 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have see the snowman extract and the first reel from Alladin it was great to see. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 06:57 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday, 6th June 2009

Twas time for FANTASIA on super 8.

-

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2009 09:11 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What all commercials do you have in 35MM Jean?

Just curious. I was lucky enough to luck into a few 35MM commercials from the late 60's early 70's. There's a really cute Coca Cola animated one in all of them.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 07, 2009 02:20 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, the list would be to long to type here. The one I just screened is a very pinkish tacky job from the 60s promoting the large "family size" glass bottle. "It can fill up to five large glasses!" It's quite long (90 seconds) with a silly song and comment.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2009 04:56 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today Antonioni's Professione Reporter. Oke, it was in the cinema where I work and on 35mm, but hey, it's not every day you get the opportunity to screen such a classic. [Big Grin] Strange thing I noticed though, all his films have mono sound, even the later ones like Reporter and Zabriski Point.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7th June 2009, Sunday

Sunday night super 8  - screening with:

- HERCULES (Disney) trailer;
- TITANIC trailer;
- ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST trailer

followed by

- THE MINES OF MORIA (from THE LORD OF THE RINGS);
- PLAYGROUND SKIRMISH (from MATRIX RELOADED);
- SUMMER NIGHTS (from GREASE);
- CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC (from the Village People full feature);
- THE FIFTH ELEMENT (excerpt from this G R E A T sci-fi movie);
- THE BATTLE OF GERMANIA (from GLADIATOR);
- THE BATTLE OF CARTHAGE (from GLADIATOR).

Simply an A M A Z I N G night.

-

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 08, 2009 12:58 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday matinee, super 8 cartoon shorts for the little one:

- Bumble Boogie (Recent short released by CHC)
- Susie the Little Blue Coupe
- Nutty Movie
- I wanna Be Like You (Jungle Book extract)
- The Aristocats Meet Scat Cat (extract)
- Runaway Brain

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2009 05:23 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gian,a question where do you buy that amazing trailers from Disney,like Tarzan,Hercules and the Huncback i like it men! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2009 06:03 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003979# 000005

Take a look at this forum thread, Jeroen. Most of Disney trailers were issued by Derann. Unfortunately some of them are now discontinued. There are often some included in the monthly used films sheet, normally offered at a very good price. Of course another good way to get them is Ebay.

'TARZAN' opening sequence (the feature, as you maybe know, has never been released) is actually available at Derann (check the super 8 DISNEY LIST). It is the one I have posted on YouTube.

I wrote to Gary a week ago to order TOY STORY and A BUG'S LIFE ones. So I'm sure these two are still in stock. But I ignore about all the others included in the list I have linked above.

Hope you are better. Good luck and let me know.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2009 11:35 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday June 8 @ 8:30pm (20:30) DVD Projection

Godfrey Reggio's Nonverbal art film

" POWAQQATSI "

The 2nd part of his trilogy Qatsi films. Life In Transition.

You can refer to the below link for more information about these great films.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2009 11:13 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday Night June 11th @ 10:15pm

G.I. BLUES with Elvis Presley & Juliet Prowse

DVD projection

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2009 05:51 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Fridaynight 12 June [Big Grin]

The snowman 600ft(great print,buy this week by Keith Ashfield)

The sound of music(extracts)400ft

Jolly holliday 60ft(Mary Poppins extract)

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2009 06:38 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen,
so happy you already received your copy of THE SNOWMAN. Good to know you enjoyed it!

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2009 06:43 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was great really Gian,don't matter that it is summer and June ah ah ah [Wink]

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night THE TITFIELD THUNDERBOLT was the main feature (Derann print taken from Walton,if I am not wrong,edited to one hour length ,warm colors, but nice nevertheless).Supporting program included several trailers (LOST HORIZON,REAL GLORY,COWBOY AND THE LADY,YANKEE DOODLE DANDY,GILDA and SPELLBOUND),All bad copies culled from several sources and MITT THE PRINCE a nice Snub Pollard-Marvin Lobeck Weiss Bros comedy from 1927.All on super8.

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2009 08:39 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was 35 Super-check-condition-o-rama

Reel 3,4 of Devil in Miss Jones II
PLUS Assorted short subjects.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 13, 2009 09:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Miss Jones a rather naughty film (tee hee hee, giggle)

Oh well, I thought it was funny.

I watched, yet again, "Warlords of Atlantis" (4X400ft)

... and started the show with "Neptunes Nonsense" (Felix the Cat)

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2009 09:39 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The "Summer Nights" song is an extract from Grease,
and a Derann print? [Confused]

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 14, 2009 01:38 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, yes, it is available as an extract.

Last night:
- Titanic (1953) cut down from Ken Films
- King Creole, feature, OK print "magenta and white" (ie b&w on fading colour stock, projected with a blue filter)

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC