8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2009 06:12 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I'm sure you'll find soon some [Big Grin] ! Want me to lend you THE RESCUERS?

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2009 06:30 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,Heidi animated or live action movie?
[Big Grin] i have the japanese animated series in german
language,but it's no problem i can understand it,
because they are our neightbours [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2009 06:51 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen,
I was referring to Bastei-Verlag and Zuiyo Eizo's tv series (German and Japanese co-production: the same you are talking about. Do you have it in super 8?). I only have a 60 mt reel [Frown] ... Not so easy to find Italian prints of the original episodes, here: they are quite rare.

-

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2009 10:09 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca,

Nice pict. from Mamas Little Pirate.
Notice Jerry Tucker Schatz standing behind Spanky?
He has one of those coins at home.
- Nice man, fun to be around.
I had gone fishing with a mutual friend and Jerry.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2009 11:07 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,i have 5 series in 80meter great prints,you must
try it in German. [Wink]
I'am very happy with it [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 23, 2009 11:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For us, this very night ...

A reel of Betty Boop cartoons ...

Betty in Blunderland (1934)
(Betty cartoons with Baby with everything going backwards, can't remember the title)
and ...
Boop Oop a Doop, (an early lewd lascivious classic, in which the circus ringleader comes in, stroking her leg, and whispering in her ear, "How about a ...?" to which Betty answers, "You mean? and then slaps him, and then sings, "Don't take my Boop Oop a Doop Away". Guess what her "Boop Oop a Doop was?!) (1932)

"Rocketship"

(which was one of many titles for the first feature film, which was culled from the first Flash Gordon serial. Good Ole Ming!)

It appears that I am in a Black and White frame of mine, so I'll select another Black and white goodie for tommorow, along with some original black and white Looney Tunes, which were released on Super 8, but have rarely been seen in they're original B/W elsewhere, (as most were colorized and have rarely been seen in B/W).

Love to screen that letterbox print of Rescuers ... alas, if only we were close in proximity! [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 01:26 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhh Osi your talkin my language with those titles....Have you ever seen that crazy film called Hurray for Betty Boop from 1980?
I have a video of it but...

I finally got back from Vegas so i broke out a new acquisition. The film office french release of the full Ben Turpin 2 reeler Yukon Jake (entitled Le Sherif Cyclone)on 9.5mm and it was in BEAUTIFUL shape.

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 03:33 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,
did he??? Always interesting stories, yours. Thanks!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 07:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen,
I did not forget you. About German prints of Heidi: good to know they're good copies. I knew a fist of episodes had been released. My German is so poor, unfortunately. Better to wait. Maybe I'll find some more in Italian in future [Wink] !

Ciao.

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 04:23 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ancient history time,tonight,starting with THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (Edison,1902),DRUMMER OF THE EIGHTH

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Gian,i hope so really,it's very sentimental for me
i was 6 at that time and i have good feelings from that time. [Smile]

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 04:35 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Oops sorry,I pushed the add button by mistake!!)

(Ince 1913) ,HOMER'S ODYSSEY (Itala 1911),UNCLE TOM'S CABIN (1914 feature). All std 8, ran at 18 fps.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 24, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking a night off, but after that, it's a Three Stooges Celebration ...

... and all of them having Curly.

Which reminds me, I was watching the Shemp short "Creeps" (sporting the ugliest babies on record ... baby Shemp, baby Moe and Baby Larry!) ...

About half-way through the short, shemp is talking to a haunted suit of armor and I did a double take! The voice coming from the armor is none other than Curly!

Though Curly only officially appeared in one short with Shemp, ("What's my Lion", I believe, in which the three stooges run by a sleeping passenger, who has a very familiar "snore". Sure enough, it's Curly. The Three Stooges do a double take and then move on), he continued to do voice work in the shorts, until his death in either 1952 or 54, I forget the actual date.

Actually, scenes with Curly were shot for a number of the Shemp shorts, but due to time restraints, they chose to scrap the footage and, in most cases, only still photographs remain of those segments.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2009 11:02 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday June 24th @ 9:50pm

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS 1986

DVD PROJECTION

FEATURE, SUPPLEMENTS, 2 TRAILERS ON THE DISC.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 07:47 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday Evening June 27 @ 10:00pm

Super 8 Cinemascope

Complete Feature BRAINSTORM

Bought this 2nd hand from a well known dealer. Should be and is stereo sound, but is very poor quality. Dropouts throughout and inconsistent level changes between reels.

Tried running it tonight in 2 track mono via HD1200. It did sound fairly better, but still had the dropouts which is no surprise. This one needs a rerecording.

Does anyone else have this print? Is the focus soft in most scenes throughout the print? Did Kempski do some of these, or was it just Derann?

Christopher Quinn
Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 08:38 AM      Profile for Christopher Quinn   Email Christopher Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, does the print switch between flat for reality scenes and scope for the brainscan scenes?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 28, 2009 08:52 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should if it's the original film, (Brainstorm). I remember that Lucille Fletcher did an outstanding death scene, (she has a heart attack in the scene). Very realistic.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 28, 2009 10:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Louise Fletcher.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 10:45 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it does switch between flat and scope images.

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 11:37 AM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a little blurry (just taken with my phone camera), but I took my show on the road for a "dive-in movie" pool party: barbecue, "King-Size Canary" and "Toy Story." I just took a pair of amplified computer speakers and it was amazing how well they worked with the GS-800, even rendering nice stereo effects during "Toy Story." A lot of fun! Neighbors came out to see what was going on because the gorgeous picture and sound was something to behold.

-

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 12:06 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woooooooow,this is nice to see,and a fine experience [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 28, 2009 12:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your right, Louise it is! [Smile]

I was very impressed with the effects, and while the special effects were impressive, I enjoyed the story itself. I don't know how it is in the home, but I remember in the theaters, that the reality portion of the film had a very flat sound mix, in order to enhance the "Ultra Surround" feel of what you experience when wearing the "head gear"

Would you think of selling your print?

--------------------

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 01:51 PM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that picture reminds me of some great advice I read a while back. I think it was on the regular FT forums...

Old white backed vinyl movie banners make great outdoor screens. For those that don't work in the industry, I'm sure the local cinema could hold one for you, they usually just get thrown anyway.

But yeah, they are perfect, even have the eyelets ready for hanging.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2009 01:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely great, Kurt! I'd like to be invited, next time. I don't eat a lot... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 28, 2009 02:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do Curt ... bring on the PIZZA

A cartoon triple feature:

MIckey's Trailer
Two Gun Goofy
Clown of the Jungle (I've always been fond of that one! Jack Hannah (the director) took a very Tex Avery-ish approach to the humor)

(all great unfaded color prints, original Disney release)

Tonight, our feature presentation is "ALIEN" scope/stereo Derann.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC