No announcement yet.

What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night we watched The Italian Job, one of my favourites, it's a shame they didn't make the planned follow up film but in a way its probably best left as it was, Mark

Comment

Well that was a long movie 144 minutes worth from 1927. I opted for the score by J.S. Zamecnik with sound effects. The three disc set by E.R.K "Masters Of Cinema" is very good indeed and also includes a 48 page booklet as well. "Wings" was projected using the Panasonic VP.Click image for larger version  Name:	91YoekJiZEL__AC_SL1500_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.1 KB ID:	2313

Comment

Well I bought the blu-ray of "The Navigator A Medieval Odyssey" last year through amazon and I must say the transfer is really good. The blu-ray also comes with a 35 page booklet. To test this movie out as its not for everyone, I said to Yvonne, tonight would you like to see something that's a bit different, not telling her anything about it or the title. Well it was a tough one for her to follow but overall it went down well. It certainly keeps your attention throughout. Its funny to see New Zealand as it was when this film was first released in 1989. The young kid Hamish McFarlane who plays the main part as Griffen was considered for the part when Ward visited more than a thousand classrooms in the Auckland area in his search for the child with the qualities he wanted. When 11 year old Hamish McFarlane got a note from his school asking him to go to some acting lessons , he thought it was a joke but decided to give it a go. After months of workshopping, when he remained one of the final eight being considered, he became, utterly determined to get the role. So there you have it folks its nice to move out of our comfort zone every so often and watch something totally different. The projector used tonight is the Panasonic VP.

Last edited by Graham Ritchie; January 14, 2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Two nights ago the 2003 restored 3 hour long version of "The Good. The Bad and The Ugly" from 1966.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100944.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	2624

Comment

Nice :-)

Terminator Genesis 3D. About as far as I can go with the series until Dark Fate comes out on disc in March over here.

I've sort of become addicted to the superb BFI Blu-Ray BEST OF BRITISH TRANSPORT FILMS as well. A wonderful collection of 21 films on 2 discs with everything from TRAIN TIME, THIS IS YORK to Locomotion. I highly recommend this to all Transport fans.

BFIB1335 Hunt around you should see it for around £15 Includes a couple of nice little extras as well.

Comment

Lee...I was looking at that blu-ray release a while ago and was hoping it would include "The Coasts Of Clyde 1959" its unfortunate it does not include that one, however I do have the excellent double DVDs from the BFI. "See Britain by Train", "Running a Railway" and "Off The Beaten Track". The presentation of each of those doubles is really nicely done.

Well the blu-ray of "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory" has had now four screening to the grandkids and me. I must say for a second hand blu-ray for $5 its been outstanding value. Both picture and sound is excellent but what wins here is the superb casting.. its really a timeless classic.

Name:	P1100367.JPG
Views:	631
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	2666

Comment

Dracula 1972AD. Usual Hammer hokum but in the 20th C. I was surprised that some shots seemed out of focus due to better picture and the large screen close up, but almost laughed at the composition of Chris Lee shying away from a cross on Stephanie Beecham as it wasn't in shot just a profile of her bust which seemed to terrify him.

The follow-up The Satanic Rites of Dracula will be next, then perhaps the more traditional Scars of Dracula (on Super 8).

Comment

Darn!!!! I would love to contribute to this thread...but unfortunately I don't have a Blu-ray player. I do have some Blu-ray disks though. It's just that I transfer all my disks to digital files and stream them now from my Plex server. Does that count?

Comment

Yes it counts Janice

Tonight

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas

This was a tough one watch, due to the subject matter and one of the most tragic endings ever put on film. I ran the 35mm print at the cinema when the film was released 2008, and this is the first time I have watched it since, but this time on blu-ray using the Panasonic VP.

Comment

Tonight

Restored ERK blu-ray The Masters of Cinema Release of "Silent Running" 1972. Also comes with a very nice 48-page booklet....screen shot from the Panasonic VP.

Name:	P1110063.JPG
Views:	642
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	2869

Comment

Well tonight it was the first part of "2001 A Space Odyssey" I got half way with this stunning blu-ray, but started to slip into zzzzzzzzz land, its been a long day. Anyway its still set up for the second half tomorrow night.

Name:	P1030707.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	2945

Comment

Finished screening the second half of 2001 two nights ago

Name:	P1030785.JPG
Views:	593
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	3164

Comment

Got the grandkids staying with us at the moment so they wanted me to put a movie on. Well its getting hard to find something that's a bit different these days, so it was suggested to me why not "Lemony Snicket". I remember running this film at the cinema, but to be honest did not think much of it at the time way back in 2004. Although in saying that, film prints came and went quite fast in those days. Anyway back to showing this blu-ray on the VP last night. Well the movie went down really well, a lot better than I thought it would, and strangely enough I enjoyed watching it as well. The scene where the "very large snake" comes at you made everyone jump including me. Funny thing though one of the grandkids said he sounds just like you, meaning Billy Connolly .....Jim Carrey was certainly in his element with this one. However if you wan't to see him in a more serious role check out "The Majestic" that's a good one. Both picture and sound in Lemony Snicket in blu-ray is excellent. I think I still have the 35mm trailer somewhere .

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1110091.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.2 KB ID:	3194

Comment

Last night for the grandkids it was the blu-ray of "Flight Of The Navigator" from 1986. I seem to be watching a lot of stuff from the 80s of late. I remember "Flight Of The Navigator" was very popular at the time of its release and its nice to see a younger generation enjoying it. It might be over 30 years old but it still holds up well......here is a screen shot from last night

Name:	P1110165.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	3275

Comment

Tonight I screened the Blu-ray using the Panasonic VP of "Schindler's List" Its been years since I last watched it, Schindler's List has a running time of 3hrs 15min.

Name:	images (1).jpg
Views:	578
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	3357

Comment

Working...
                                X