Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please forgive me if this is a repeat message I got Moderna on March 17 and April 14

Comment

• People generally seem more chatty in the street since release and I've taken the opportunity to chat to young adults encouraging them to get the jab. Many are picking up on the walk ins or already had it at least no 1. Grandparents seem to be marching some in for it or chaperoning them which is nice to see the link.

Day to day... we went to the cinema today but as we approached the Odeon doors 2 screens emptied with what seemed like 300 children running at us so decided to leave our visit till after school holidays now.

If we do go out shopping we pick our times early and get home for max safety. Just the way it is.

Organising film events. I contacted our local authority for guidance and they have been very helpful indeed with my first film fair since lock up. I think its all going to be about taking responsibility as we move on whatever we do.

Comment

• My eldest son and a work mate are poorly this week.

But its terrible in the North East UK.

But he passed a lateral flow test, but I heard they are not so great.

He was quite poorly Monday Tuesday but a bit better today.

He was told there is a similar virus going round too here but you have to wonder if its just another variant.

The UK has gone bonkers sadly.

Best Mark.

PS my 2nd sons work partner ( Joiners ) wife who is almost 60 nealry died from the Astra Zeneca vaccine, just out of interest, luckly the clot stuck in her leg, she nearly lost it but that saved her life and they did then save the leg thankfully and she is OK now, though a very very close shave.

Comment

• Good to hear that you are doing well, Lee. I'm betting well end up having a booster shot by this winter and, hopefully, my 8 year old will be able to get her first.

Comment

• Take lots of vitamin D3 and vitamin C everyday. Your best defense. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• I'm keeping up the Vit D, though not as high doses now we have some sun. I have taken an antibody test for Biobank today to see if the antibodies that showed up in an earlier one are from the vaccine or if I have actually been infected with the virus and developed them that way.

I'll know in a week or so, dependent on the post.

Comment

• This sums it up......

Comment

• Now wonder they have to be heavily sedated whilst on ventilation via intubation.

Comment

• Frankly I don't understand why so many folk in certain countries are reluctant to take the free vaccine, while less of countries are desperate for it.

Comment

• Well we both got the first Pfizer Covid vaccine jab today. The folk were excellent to deal with, so we are booked in for the second jab at the end of the month.

To be honest as far as jabs go it was a piece of cake

If I remember right getting the tetanus and smallpox jabs 40 odd years ago were worse.

Funny thing though before we went, I called into Muffin Break in the mall for my early morning coffee. The boss guy serving told me that his arm felt heavy when he got his a while back, later we called back in the afternoon after the jab, for another coffee. I said well, you were right my arm is heavy to, I can't open my wallet. He replied that's not the jab referring to my "Scottish" heritage being the reason. ha ha.

Now just to put the record straight, "Scottish" people are actually the most generous folk in the world so there

Comment

• I'm glad to hear you both got the Jab, Graham! I've had the real thing and I'd take the needle 7 days a week as an alternative.

It's one of the hallmarks of Covid how everybody responds differently to the virus and the vaccines. We all had it just before Christmas last year. My son, vigorous 18 years old, barely got a sniffle. The only reason we knew he had it is he failed a mandated test. It knocked me pretty flat for about a week: severe muscle aches and headaches. When we got the shot, I had nothing more than a tender arm and he was feeling pretty cruddy for at least a day.

-We thought he was just being lazy: a natural mistake to make with teenagers!

Comment

• So true Steve

That's the thing with with Covid 19 its range from a sniffle to killing you is huge. I remember my daughter came home from primary school with chicken pox years ago, for her it was nothing more than a one day wonder, she landed up giving it to me and as a adult it was nasty. You could feel it moving through your body up to my head over a couple of days, plus spots over the place. The strange thing though, that after a few days it completely disappeared spots an all. What made me think at the time, was that if you got a "virus" where your immunity failed to deal with it, you could be dead in 24 hours. I never forgot that encounter with chicken pox thanks to my daughter bringing it home from school.

I do remember a nurse once telling me long ago, not to worry what you as a adult will pass on to a child, its what that child will pass on to you, you should be concerned about, how true. I once took April when she was small to the doctor who told me she had Gastroenteritis and to keep the fluids up. The doctor said to me have you had it?, my reply was no I feel fine, he smiled at me and said "you will", well two days later I did get it, he was bang on the money. To this day anytime April comes round, I am ready to disappear real quick if she has anything...simply put I am gone .

I cant help but feel Covid 19 is going to be around in different variants for quite a while. I notice the Delta one is spreading fast in Australia at the moment, so our travel bubble with them for the time being has been stopped. I was talking to the person filling our gas bottle at the service station just last week, who told me he lost his grandparents back in India to it just lately.

We are very fortunate a vaccine is available, my thinking is, the sooner we all take it the sooner some sort of normality can hopefully return, we don't have a choice.

Comment

• The Delta is very big.

just when you thought no problem I'll just choose a different airline........

Comment

• True Steve reactions are different for all that is the mystery for medical teams. When its grim its grim.
                              Our government has placed safety responsibility with the public. Mistake.
                              I got Covid from Isle 6 from a local supermarket with a old guy caughing in my back. Weeks after chatting to the manager of the store said "that's probably why we had 6 staff off the following week"
                              Its wildfire on a mig welder.

Comment

• Yes,

-and that was probably the original variant and not the new and improved.

We were doing just fine until our son came home from college after the Fall semester. He flew home (-and boy were his arms tired!). New York State required Covid testing three days before arrival and three days after. Three days before was fine, three days after he came up positive. Pretty soon the Department of Health told us we couldn't leave the house for fourteen days and we had friends dropping groceries on our front porch and saying hello from an appropriate distance. ("unclean!!....unclean!!!")

We watched a LOT of movies...

Covid was a thing when we dropped him off at the beginning of that semester. Our plan was to go to Indiana, drop off his stuff at school, drive up to Wisconsin, drink a lot of beer in Milwaukee, drop him off back in Indiana and go home. Our plans had to evolve rapidly. While we were still in Indiana on the way out, New York State made Wisconsin a Covid hot-spot state. If we went there we'd have to get tested and quarantine 3 days when we got home, so Milwaukee got to keep their beer! Unfortunately Ohio also fell while we were in Indiana, and it was between us and home. We didn't know that we were actually allowed to cross hot-spot states and even stop for gas, food, and...you know. -so we filled the car with Indiana air and gas, moved our overnight stay across the border into Pennsylvania, took a deep breath and blazed across Ohio non-stop!

-not your prime travel year!

Comment

Working...
                                X