8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 171)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  168  169  170  171  172  173  174  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2014 09:56 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8 pictures Vidar? The more, the better!

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 18, 2014 10:10 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there's 8 files :-) Laksmi was really bothered with this, so I felt bad about that. Myself, would love to see many more pictures from everyone. As you say, the more the better

Thanks again

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 19, 2014 12:58 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I finally got around to check out a film I bought a few months ago ... Heartbeeps, Super 8 optical. Whole film fit on a 1200'. Nice to see a lot of familiar faces like Dick Miller, Randy Quaid, Paul Bartel and more
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

Colors were fine :-)

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2014 02:35 PM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Those are pics from a super 8 film? Very sharp!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 19, 2014 03:08 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is. Super 8 optical. But it is not as sharp as the Aliens and Jurassic Park that someone is selling on the forum. That was impressive. My camera is not easy to keep focused

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 22, 2014 03:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a nice show and checking out the recent Barry Wiles collection arrival.
This was a lovely film from it entitled 'Turn to the wind' all about windmills.
 -

I vaguely remember watching this on TV many moons ago although the colour was not as vibrant on TV as this super 8 print. The doc was made by Alan J. Willmott who really did a lovely job and pretty much produced the whole thing. The windmills were around Eastern England and the Society for the protection of Ancient Buildings were also involved in the film. Interesting this is.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 24, 2014 04:30 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched "Ciné follies", a French film made of extracts of pre-war musical films and news. You can see many great French artists of tha time. Many extracts are songs. I did enjoy all the film !

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 27, 2014 10:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a few new last week and had a showing in our club on Sunday ... These are last weeks buys
Joe Frasier Blasts Jerry Quarrie, 200'
Sky Diving, 200'
 -
of these shorts, we ran these on the show
Sheep Dog: Ready Woolen and Able, 200'
Pink Panther: Rock-a-Bye Pinky, 200'

Got The Time Machine on 2x800' (fairly full)
 -
 -

We also ran a 400' of Woody Allen's Take the Money and Run
 -

Our feature was The Adventures of Robin Hood, 2x1200' and stunning print it is.
 -
 -

And we finished off the show with the 1200' digest of Clash of the Titans
 -
 -

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2014 02:30 PM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stop Vidar! You provoke me to jealousy! (Just kidding friend)

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 30, 2014 09:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight:

Precious Images (Reflections USA) followed by reels one and two of Carry On Camping.

"Carry On" is a print with a story: It was up on E-bay ending on a day we were in Brooklyn at an event in honor of a friend there. After it was over we stormed across town to our friend's apartment with minutes to go (My wife had to park the car: it was that tight!). My friend turned on her computer, an APPLE computer, which I had never worked on before, and in the final minute of the auction I got in the winning bid!

Later that night I found out I'd bought a film from our old friend Kevin F.

-it's a small world in Super 8!

Tomorrow: Reels 3 and 4.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2014 05:59 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys - well on Thursday 30th pre Halloween - I started with Topper Returns on Super 8 with the great Roland Culver followed by Derann's The Quatermass Experiment . Then on the actual night of the 31st - I started with digital projection - Abbott and Costello - The time of their lives - with a nice comedy ghost story - then back to super 8 with a Leon Errol short - Spooky Wooky and a trailer reel of hammer horrors - which included trailers for Quatermass and the Pit, The Devil Rides Out and Scars of Dracula amongst others - then I screened ivers 2x400ft of To the Devil a Daughter and finished off the evening with Derann's feature print of Dracula has Risen from the Grave - a beautiful print with booming sound and lovely colour - tonight for a brief encore - I intend to put on the 3x400ft of The Exorcist
Dave Skillern

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2014 01:30 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Set up shop in my friend's front yard and ran The Little Rascals' HIDE AND SHRIEK, followed by the 200' Castle/Ken digests of THE DEADLY MANTIS, MAN MADE MONSTER and THE CREAMING SKULL. Then we got rained out.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 08, 2014 11:03 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched some "crap" cartoons I bought as a collection. They were about 3 GBP each, so couldn't expect too much maybe
Some cartoons
 -

The Bugs Bunny is where Bugs finds gold and is a 200' silent
Road Runner is a 50' silent and on the box it says The Labyrinth
Super Chicken is a 200' silent
Snow Business is the last and also a 200' silent

200' sound edition of Battle for the Planet of the Apes
 -

A couple of L&H's. A 400' sound version of Another Fine Mess and a 200' silent of Midnight Patrol
 -

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2014 02:23 PM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,
Maybe I'm new at this but the colors in "Super Chicken" look really nice. It looks like a sharp print too. It seems that you had a great variety of subjects to see last night.
-Tim

P.S. As usual, I love seeing your photos!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 09, 2014 07:49 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. Continued the checking of some more from this collection.
Anchors Aweigh, 400' with good colors
 -
 -

Show Boat, 400' also with quite good colors
 -
 -

Off-Road Racing, 200' with sound ... This wasn't as good and not too fun either
 -

Mexican Cat Dance, 200' silent starring Speedy Gonzales
 -

Snuffy Smith in Take Me To Your Gen'Rul on a 200' with sound. Not too bad, this was quite funny
 -

Also in this collection, a really bad quality wise one ... No titles, so if anyone know the name of the episode, please tell me. Also want to buy it with sound if anyone has it for sale. Sylvester and Tweety on 200' silent with a few seconds of sprocket damage (hate rentals)
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 10, 2014 10:56 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had our meeting in the filmclub yesterday. We saw these on Super 8
Daffy Duck in Hollywood, silent, 200'
 -

Catch as Cats Can, sound, 200'
 -

Trick or Tweet, german sound, 200'
 -

Wild About Hurry, a Road Runner cartoon, sound, 200'
 -

Mondo Cannibale (The Last Cannibal World), english sound, 3x400'
 -
 -
 -

Please feel free to delete this, if it offends anyone

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 11:10 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar , Didn't know THE LAST CANNIBAL WORLD existed on Super 8MM sound . Saw an "R" rated version some years ago , with the scene edited out of eating the guy's penis . It was still pretty disturbing , even having some gore and nudity edited .

--------------------
Dave

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2014 12:56 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Saturday night,I did a different kind of show!I dug up my Mini-Cine projector and showed about ten Mini-Cine films. Robin Hood, Cinderella, Snow White, Disney's Peter Pan,(in two parts!) and several others I acquired lately.My right arm still hurts from the cranking!!!  -
 -
Well,8 mm it isn't,35 mm it ain't but it still is "moving pitchers"!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 10, 2014 08:57 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Panayotis!!! [Cool] I love it when someone gets back to basics. Individual still pictures that appear to move when you turn the crank...it's magical. [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 11, 2014 01:24 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back from the dead, and busted out the sadly faded COUNTESS DRACULA (1971, Super 8 Derann 4 x 400) after going to see Gone Girl in theatres, I saw a correlation...If only I could find a low fade print of this title since it has always been one of my favorite Hammers'.

Vidar - a very envious print of Time Machine you have there.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2014 11:50 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Janice,but,after all movies are "individual stills that appear to move when you turn the crank". The only "limit" in this case is that each movement is limited to four stills!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 12, 2014 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man Vidar, you have the fire under you! Robin Hood looks absolutely lovely, as does the Time Machine! many thanks!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2014 03:53 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A mixed bag on Wednesday night,starting with the promo DR ZHIVAGO,BEHIND THE CAMERA WITH DAVID LEAN and continuing with LIGHTS OUT AND THE STARS APPEAR,the story of 9,5 mm film,Tex Avery's classic ROCK-A-BYE BEAR, an exellent Film Office print ("Barnabe Ronfleur",they released it as a Barney Bear,renamed Barnabe in France),Buster Keaton in NOTHING BUT PLEASURE, one of his best Columbias and finished with FRAUDS AND FRENZIES,starring the pair (!) of Larry Semon and Stan Laurel!!! All in super 8. The gang enjoyed it very much.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2014 06:55 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Monday I watched DOWN TO EARTH (John Emerson), a breezy,relatively rare 1917 Douglas Fairbanks comedy,one of the many he did in the teens,before settling down with the big fictional heroes in the twenties (Zorro,D'Artagnan,Robin Hood etc). Co-written by Fairbanks,true to his motto "live healthy and laugh"(or something like that!),it is the story of a young individual who buys a sanitarium that feeds its rich patients with useless remedies and transports them to a "desert island",where he forces them to live completely naturally and exercising vigorously. About 80minutes long,at 16 fps,it is unpretentious,joyous and well made.I enjoyed it.In super 8.

[ November 19, 2014, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: Panayotis A. Carayannis ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 19, 2014 10:21 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Osi. The Robin Hood print is the best I have in my collection. Time Machine is not as good, as it has green emulsion lines and some perforation damage. It has nice colors and I do think reel 2, 3 and 4 all has some perforation problems and reel 4 has the emulsion lines. Still was nice to see it and seller discounted it enough too :-)

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  168  169  170  171  172  173  174  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC