8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 202)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 07, 2017 08:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a brilliant film Steve, I agree. I only have the 3x 400ft Marketing version but it's still very enjoyable despite the obvious fading issues with these prints nowadays.

One of my favourite thriller films ever and both Laurence Olivier and Dustin Hoffman are superb in this film.
In fact they all are including of course the ever brilliant Roy Schneider and William Devane.

Top top film that makes you think twice next time your dentist appointment lands on your mat! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 12, 2017 02:36 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes i love this title, last year i re purchased another copy due to my original one having an odd green quality on part three, the newer version, (with only light fade), still has great colours and all three reels are now good with pin sharp image. One of the better marketing titles. Would certainly love a full version but the dvd will do between our 3 x 400 version.
When i sold my first copy it paid for the better one, a great example of my hobby paying for itself. [Wink]

Tonight,at last, my Brother came around and we viewed his xmas pressy i bought last July, [Big Grin]
The full pilot episode of Lost in Space, The reluctant stowaway. It's great! And Zachary Smith is actually Colonel Smith in this episode and also quite an evil character.
 -
 -

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2017 02:52 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought the full length marketing print from Paul Foster several years ago - its a cracking film.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 12, 2017 03:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May i ask what the colours like on yours David, i know a lot of marketing full length films suffer more than the 3 x 400 footer.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2017 02:36 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

I haven't seen the print for a few months - so i'll check again - from what I can remember - there is some fade but the film is so watchable - it doesn't deter from the overall enjoyment of screening the full print.

Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2017 10:45 PM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched just the first reel of each "Son of Kong" & "Mighty Joe Young".

Now need to watch reels 2 to 4 of each title...

[ July 26, 2018, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Steve Meyer ]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2017 03:44 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In memory of Mary Tyler Moore I watched the Universal 400ft cut down of Thoroughly Modern Millie.

Print by Triangle on Eastman stock, I was surprised by the good black level on the leader. Some scenes showed slightly pink faces others much more orange so keeping well with the blue in the Universal 8 logo still bright. A good cut down but missing most of the romance, just showing that the two couples were wed at the end and only one song (Tapioca). I bought this print second hand from Perry's Movies and it still has the sticker £21, exchangeable at half price if still in good condition.

Steve Meyer
Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2017 06:07 PM      Profile for Steve Meyer   Email Steve Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching my newly acquired print of Sands of Iwo Jima on Super-8. One 1,600ft.Reel and One 400ft.Reel.

Very Good... [Smile]

[ July 26, 2018, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Steve Meyer ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 31, 2017 03:12 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched "Red Noses" and "Top Flat". These were 400 foot reels starring the 1930's comedy duo Patsy Kelly and Thelma Todd. Kelly and Todd were Hal Roach's female counterparts to Laurel and Hardy and at times they were just as funny and entertaining.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 31, 2017 03:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i viewed the 2 x 600 foot version of Police Academy two. Great quality and a very well edited edition from Derann.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2017 04:25 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...... and for me tonight it was my recently acquired full length copy of Poltergeist (flat version). Oh Boy!......

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 01, 2017 03:43 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we viewed our 4 x 400 print in scope of my name is nobody. Still a great viewing despite a little bit fade.

i'll give up trying to upload images on here after this, i have just uploaded 3 different images but it duplicates one or the other. This has happened before. Weird!
It's actually put one in the middle of my previous post??????

-
 -
 - [Confused] [Confused]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 01, 2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tom,

It's possible it's the result of not using a distinct filename for each picture you upload. When I upload a photo lately, I add something unique like the date I did it to prevent this conflict happening down the road. If I do several at once maybe I add a different number in front of each.

BTW: Nice Prints!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 01, 2017 09:14 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent point you make there Steve.

There now, maybe this comment stands a chance of making it through to tomorrow! U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 01, 2017 09:21 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

As Steve said, if each picture is titled IMG_1, the newest upload will replace the other pictures with the same title. Something specific such as MYNIN pic 3 would work well.

Andrew,

Maybe, just maybe.......

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 01, 2017 09:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe just maybe, a post will be left as is Doug?

[Wink] [Wink]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 02, 2017 01:15 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
if each picture is titled IMG_1, the newest upload will replace the other pictures with the same title. Something specific such as MYNIN pic 3 would work well.
This is something I have found that many old treads in this forum have the pictures been unintentionally changed by the new uploaders.

--------------------
Winbert

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 02, 2017 03:13 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, lets have one more go at this picture loading,
Tonight i viewed my 1 x 800 ft print of the classic sci-fi film War of the Worlds. Amazingly the colours have held up superbly and for once this abridged version, (edited very well), ends with the proper Paramount logo before the "The End" title which is much better than the usual Marketing abrupt endings. One of there finest edits [Wink]
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2017 02:05 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Tom that looks amazing, color is intense, very nice.

Tonight I screened Jack the Giant Killer using the Xenon GS1200 projected about 9 feet wide on a white wall. You can see the dog laying on the floor in front of the movie, sadly she had no interest in the story line.
Here is a quick video clip. Video quality and audio are first rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtAEpUjkmE

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 11, 2017 05:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
During the day : A Corner In Wheat (1909 Griffith film), The Jolly Jilter (Ben Turpin) and Grease (the 1200ft/360mt Marketing version) in French. Tonight : Cabaret (1600ft/480mt version) in French also.

--------------------
Dominique

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2017 01:34 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a long time, I took out the projector for a full feature screening, as I had a recent entrance in my collection: MASH full feature and scope.

It's a spanish print, as far as I can guess reading the notes on the leaders, printed on Fuji 81 stock.
Unfortunately the film has some fade, both due to age and to the master used, as there are some scenes where colors still look beautiful.
Apart from some lines (some of them heavy green ones), the film has some purple cracks here and there in the emulsion. Sound is good, even if there are some drops here and there that seem due to the stripe.

Apart from the objective status of the print, I've always loved this film so much that all the above indications pass in second way to the excitement of watching Hawkeye, Duke, Trapper, Hot Lips and all the others on a big screen with the sound of the projector above my shoulders!

Here some pictures:
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 12, 2017 01:44 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fabrizio, have you ever tried a filter ? You won't get a Derann colour like print from a faded film but the improvement is most of the time noticeable, sometimes it makes a big difference. If you have several films that lost their colours, you may try...

--------------------
Dominique

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2017 02:09 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried some years ago with other prints, but I don't remember where I have that filter now and I didn't want to stop watching the film and look for the filter [Big Grin]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 12, 2017 04:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:-)

--------------------
Dominique

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 10:04 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the last few evenings I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Goldfinger both full features. PQ was amazing, super 8 can really pack a punch. So sad Durann is no longer wth us their efforts over the years were amazing and still living on.
Thank you to Steve for doing his part giving us new features and digest when possible. Fun hobby!!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  199  200  201  202  203  204  205  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC