8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 222)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Leonard Goss
Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2019 09:58 AM      Profile for Leonard Goss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A 400 ft Super 8 Sound digest of "Hell Drivers" starring Stanley Baker, Patrick McGoohan, Sean Connery and Peggy Cummins amongst many others. They don't make 'em like that any more!

--------------------
A fan of 8mm movies since the mid 1960s and still as keen as ever!

|  IP: Logged

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2019 03:43 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Saturday Night offering to myself.....

Dracula 2x 400' Frank Langella

National Lampoon's Animal House 2x 400'

Quite a contrast, don't you think? Both Universal 8 and both still pretty good colour.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2019 04:34 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A short late-might "un-PC" Der Fuehrer's Face, Uncle Tom's Cabana and Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs. Disney, MGM and Warner - all LPP or Agfa so good colour.

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2019 04:10 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a 16mm showing last night of Bugs Bunny's Hare Brush, Bugs Bunny Rides Again and a feature film The Crater Lake Monster. Tonight I'll be showing Scream of The Demon Lover.

--------------------
Joe

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2019 05:46 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I will be home screening West Side Story full length in CinemaScope. I have seen everything in my collection back in the basement cinema but I swear every movie I have seen in my new cinema is a new experience and it is so much better then before!

Leonard Goss
Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2019 06:26 PM      Profile for Leonard Goss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was a personal viewing (just me) of the Derann 4 x 400' Ealing comedy "The Titfield Thunderbolt" on my recently eBay purchased Imac Bisonic projector which only needed a new motor drive belt and a blown fuse replaced to get it running! Well pleased with that!

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 12, 2019 06:18 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my own home movies followed by a full day of Super 8 films to catch up on a good day off work.
Enjoyed Horror of Dracula trailer so much I watched it 4 times, also Dracula Prince of Darkness Scope twice...as you do.

Its always fascinated me that Horror of Dracula trailer with the USA title over the UK Dracula and a good one to look for on Super 8. Hammer films do seem to becoming much harder to find but do turn up.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 13, 2019 06:34 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Continuing the Hammer theme.

Horror of Dracula Trl
My own home movie filmed in 71 DRACULA 1971 I guess every youthful film maker had a go at this one.

Good old Kodak film.
 -

Making of Dracula AD 1972
Scars of Dracula Derann Not bad colour really.

- The start

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 13, 2019 08:07 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No! -Wait!

That's how Carry on Camping starts! ( [Wink] )

Carry On!

[ March 13, 2019, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 14, 2019 05:58 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing like a carry on!

400ft Star Wars which if memory serves me right I got December 1977 ish from the cine shop just down the road from Leicester Square flicks London. Then we all piled into the delicatessen for some Cheesecake. I should have made some for last night darn it.
Recorded into Stereophonic sound and been thru the old Eumig a few times years ago.

-

Kevin Bourret
Junior

- posted March 14, 2019 12:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Bourret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did watch at my local Comic shop my 4 reels of The Man who knew too much(1934) with my Bolex SP8.
Very fun experience. we were about 15 peoples watching it.
Unfortunately the reel number 3 show sign of detoriation on the audio level. Is there any place or somebody here that can re record on a magnetic strip the audio?

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2019 01:56 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched two features the other day! They were king Kong and Mighty Joe Young! The film crowd went Ape! Nice prints! Good fun!

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted March 20, 2019 09:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! For all of us folk in the Northern Hemisphere, today is the first day of Spring! (...sorry about that, Graham! [Wink] )

I love this time of year: so much hope for warm days ahead, and all the great things I plan to do. Here's hoping I get around to even half of them!

As much as I can, I always watch the British Transport Film "Journey Into Spring" to celebrate it's arrival. Tonight was no exception.

Journey Into Spring

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2019 09:38 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a CinemaScope movie musical kick

Tonight was Carousel full length and stereo sound.

Previous two weeks was Sound of Music & West Side Story.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2019 09:38 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW ! I bet that was really something else . Such a great deep breath after winter .

--------------------
Dave

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 20, 2019 10:46 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Halloween feature Scope

Dubbed the new Stereo sound track to it really excellent imaging on the music throughout and good work from the old Eumig yet again. [Big Grin]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted March 21, 2019 02:30 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's alright Steve [Big Grin]

Yes we are heading into winter and the nights are getting darker, nothing like when I worked in Scotland. yuk in winter [Frown] going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark, week after week. Getting on that old tub "SS Australis" at Southampton way back in June 1973 was the best thing I ever did. [Cool] [Smile]

PS...The coldest night I still remember, was during my ACF school days, where we spent a weekend at a army camp at a place called "Garelochhead" on one of the coldest weekends that winter in Scotland during the 1960s. On our first night we stayed in what they call "Nissan Huts" that were nothing more than corrugated iron with a concrete floor. With no heating and a iron roof it was like being in a fridge. The next morning we were up at 5am breakfast and training, although I am not sure if that's what you would call it [Eek!] We were up against the regular army guys, who seemed to like throwing thunder flashes and smoke bombs everywhere. What a weekend that was, "we did survive" but those cold nights were really bitter, with no daylight until near 9am and dark by 4pm. I am sure things are more civilized now [Smile] ...I hope [Smile]

Leonard Goss
Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Leonard Goss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night for me it was the excellent 4 x 400 "The Iron Maiden" (no, not the pop group but a film about a traction engine) AKA in the US as "The Swingin' Maiden" from Powell films if I remember correctly. A film you can watch again and again.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 23, 2019 08:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Land Without Music, a classical British film from 1936.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 24, 2019 12:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great film that Dom I have it on 8, 16 and of course 9.5 sound. A bit obsessed with that title for many a year great fun.

I watched Plan 9 from outer space 200ft. A short I've not had time to re record but finally just completed it and into STEREO Yay!
The original 70's sound track must have been recorded thru two bean tins it was so shocking. Makes for a nice little programme filler and the fleeting glimpse of Bela Lugosi.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2019 11:37 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An evening of Disney Compilations for me Donald Duck's Dilemmas, Goofy's Golden Gags and Mickey's Memorable Moments. All Buck Labs Prints on Fuji and have kept good colour. I did splice in the 200ft of Tiger Trouble which is on Sp and a little orange/pinkbut doesn't really notice as the pallet is the same, but it did make the Fui look a little purple after for a few seconds.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 25, 2019 07:39 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A film from the ark. BACKSTAGE AT NAVERONE. (That's how its spelt on the box)

Interesting behind the scenes look at The Guns of Navarone and not seen for many a year have to say. Nice to see the cast at play and work also the construction of the big guns all fascinating stuff. That set actually blew down and they had to rebuild it. Quite hard to find these days I would hazard a guess.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 27, 2019 09:11 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terminator 2 Scope Stereophonic

Always get a little bit emotional when I watch this as it was the last long new feature I purchased from beloved Derann and our Ged (what a great guy) took the order very late in the day as new prints were ending. The colours and crispness of the print are beyond superb and really favour Agfa film prints with such deep blacks. Re recorded this myself back then and its really a nice watch The Schwarz's best for me.

If anyone ever asked the question what is the best film and projector combination my answer would be this film and a good GS1200.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 27, 2019 11:28 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Melvin ...

Does part 1 of the "Animal House" have more fade than part 2? Every 2X400ft of that title, the second half always looks better than the first half.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2019 04:43 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night they had an interview with Sally Geeson on Talking Pictures TV, so I had to watch a reel of "What's Good for the Goose" from the Derann 4 x400ft version. It is now very faded and pink, but I only paid £20 for it at a BFCC bring and Buy. I then watched reel 1 of "Dracula has Risen from the Grave" a bit dark but no fade and great colour.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  219  220  221  222  223  224  225  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC