8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 181)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  178  179  180  181  182  183  184  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 25, 2015 11:38 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting!

Mary Celeste was actually a real ship that was found abandoned off the Spanish coast in the nineteenth century.

Her real story is a lot less detailed, and maybe a lot creepier than this movie. When she was found, the only things missing were her lifeboat and her crew. She was in good shape (ship shape, actually), well provisioned and with no clue as to what would make a crew want to leave a perfectly good sailing ship and crowd into a big rowboat mid-ocean. Whatever it was the decision was quick: all personal effects including valuables were left behind.

-but who'd want to see that movie?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 25, 2015 12:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great film to me!!!

There was an awesome CBS radio mystery theater episode from the first season (1974) which was called "Sea Fever" (but they changed the name of the ship to the "Annabella")

From what I've read, some feel it was the discovery of plague on the ship, which would make sense, in a sense.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2015 05:17 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The the William Hartnell Dr Who era an episode of the series "The Chase" had it being evacuated after the Doctor landed, followed by a ship full of Daleks. When the crew saw the Daleks they abandoned ship :-)

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 26, 2015 05:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First, The Incredible Hulk (240 m/800ft). It is turning pinkish but is still watchable. And then Barney Bear-The Rookie Bear, a recent Classic Home Cinema release.

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 28, 2015 01:02 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goldfinger !

Always entertaining and very repeatable with Mr Connery as 007.

This is the print we have for sale..

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 28, 2015 03:54 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely print Lee! Do you do B.N.P.L! Ha ha [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 28, 2015 04:18 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What does B.N.P.L mean, Andrew ? It's not on the list http://pecas.free.fr/sigles.htm

--------------------
Dominique

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2015 05:50 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like "Buy Now Pay Later" to me.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 28, 2015 05:53 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Brian.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 28, 2015 06:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah just kidding Brian & Dom [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 28, 2015 05:41 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A silent film with Douglas Fairbanks : His Picture In The Papers.

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 01:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am getting too slow here. This is from a viewing on the 7th
We saw Block-Heads
 -
 -

Pink Panther in Pink Valiant, 200'
 -

Hawk The Slayer, 2x800' feature
 -
 -
 -

Viva Zapata, 400'
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 05:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cartoons
People Are Bunny and Hawaiian Aye Aye
 -

Johann Mouse and Tweety and the Beanstalk
 -

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2015 11:21 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

Yesterday I screened my Walton 3x400ft print of Laurel and Hardy in "Way out West " with the Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" spliced onto the beginning of the 1200ft reel. This was followed by The Avengers episode "The Living Dead" - with the late great Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg. Then I screened the full length print of the Kirk Douglas, Anthony Quinn Western - " Last Train from Gun Hill" - which was a cracking watch. I finished of the afternoon with Derann's 4x400ft cutdown of the great "Carry On Abroad" with all the usual gang. A great afternoons viewing.

David

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 02:48 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our showing last week in our club.
Airplane, feature on 2x1200'
 -
 -

Grease on 2x800'
 -
 -
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 04:31 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Both the above looking good as ever Vidar!

I have the 3x 400ft Marketing prints of both but while good, they're not as good as these beauties!

Airplane has great colour on mine also but it is scratched in more than a few places as it was when I purchased it as A1!

Still a great watch though, a very funny and repeatable cutdown.
Just wished they had released The Naked Gun also.

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 29, 2015 07:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A French film with Louis de Funès : Faites sauter la banque !

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 30, 2015 12:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And so it begins!
A week of Arnie films making ready for Terminator Genisys this Thursday.
Last night we watched Terminator a popular Super 8 watch here.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 01, 2015 03:07 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night day two of the Arnie week Terminator II with that amazing Super 8 Scope watch.

Tonight 600ft of super 8 Arnold Schwarzenegger trailers
followed by Terminator III Rise of the Machines. I'll be looking forward to Thursday morning and seeing Terminator Genisys although the critics have already given it a bashing Termy fans will love it!
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 01, 2015 05:36 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three 60 mt (200ft) films tonight. First, a reel with French ads from the 50's. In one of them the husband ask his wife to come to the movie with im. The splited image shows a woman who cannot go as she has to do the laundry and another one who is dressing to go out. So, I was expecting an ad for a washing machine but it was only for washing powder that needed less rubbing ! The good old time...Then, still in the 50's, The review of the year 1954. And finally, Frankie Vaughan's It's All Over Town.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 03, 2015 04:45 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pathe News Cinema Special and then two extracts (With Cliff Richard singing) from The Young Ones : Nothing's Impossible and We've Got A Show.

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2015 11:14 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, Whats the colour like on Its All Over Town? Mine is red

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 18, 2015 07:47 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First part of what I've seen lately (rest tomorrow)
Alien, 200' silent with audio tape
 -

Big Business, 400' silent
 -
 -

Escape From Astragard, 200' sound
 -
 -

It Came From Outer Space, 3D 400'
 -

Reptilicus, 200' sound (eBay seller said colour and in addition, the ending isn't there :-( ... Sad)
 -
 -

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 19, 2015 01:56 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rest
Star Wars, 200' sound
 -

Terry Bears: Plumbers Helpers, 50' silent
 -

The Amazing Spider-Man, 200' sound
 -

The Incredible Hulk, 200' sound
 -

The Land That Time Forgot, 200' sound
 -

You're Darn Tootin', 400' sound
 -
 -

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 21, 2015 08:48 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slightly recovering from a lengthy show...

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
RAISE THE TITANIC Scope

The GS1200 did a great job and a memorable evening of Super 8 greats!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  178  179  180  181  182  183  184  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC