8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 183)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2015 11:08 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Revenge Of Frankenstein / Super 8 / Color Sound (German)

Watched this great score from Ebay Germany.
I've had the 8mm Columbia silent BW version for many years now so the lure of a color sound version was strong.
Suprisingly the color has held up well so that was nice. The sound is indeed German but the English subtitles are still there. Dubbing is atrocious - for instance, when Karl kills the inkeeper you can still hear him saying "please stop" long after he's already dead. I think an English re-record is in order.
All in all a cool find from "Veritone - France" Anybody heard of this label?

-

-

Cheers
Terry

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 15, 2015 01:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a nice find! I'm betting the color is Agfa or some better form of non LPP Eastman. Probably not Fuji.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2015 09:21 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder too but no markings on film.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 20, 2015 09:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice that Terry. I wonder what this new Frank film will be like?

https://youtu.be/7pxZxY_Siyc [Eek!]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 20, 2015 10:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry, I couldn't find any information about "Veritone". It is not usual to find English subtitles of an Englsh speaking film released by a French company, anyway.Are you sure the film was originally a sound one ? It could be a mute version on which someone has added a soundtrack, but then the film would have been subtitled in French. Is the box the original one ?

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2015 12:07 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, You could be correct maybe it was sound striped. No way to really tell (there is no balance stripe)
The artwork is original and it is in one of those plastic hinged cases popular with many German releases.

-

here is a complete scan of the cover (You can see where it says Veritone)

-

A marking on the leader. Guess that's the catalog number.

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 21, 2015 12:22 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope someone will have more informations about this company.

--------------------
Dominique

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2015 07:58 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Veritone release the super 8 tourist release films you used to see in Paris before video came on the scene. Their releases were in Colour Silent which you could get striped or in colour sound and from memory French English German and Italian versions were available. For some reason I seem to remember there were subtitle versions as well.

Revenge of Frankenstein was also released by Derann full feature
and I think their source might have been German.

The attached link to a super 8 company in France have silmilar packaged movies smaller sizes on their sales page.

http://www.super8france.com/en-uk/index.html

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 22, 2015 02:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the ongoing resurgence of interest in Will Hay we have been watching a number of his features including Oh Mr Porter and shortly Convict 99 on super 8, all bringing many chuckles. [Smile]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 23, 2015 01:10 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Curled up on the couch tonight with a cup of hot tea and The Goodbye Girl (1977). A very pleasant Saturday night [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 03:24 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another novelty screening and really enjoyable.

Projected my hand tinted (Yellow/Orange) 8mm opening sequence of 'Day the earth caught fire' then switched to the BFI bloo ray B&W film finally going back to the 8mm tinted end sequence of the film on the trusty Eumig.
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 26, 2015 12:54 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got to reel 6 of "When the North Wind Blows" last night on the reel per night plan. It's kind of sad: this Viacom print was never the color it should have been the 10 years I've had it, but the forces of The Red Army are definitely occupying now! [Wink]

-one of those prints to enjoy without an audience.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 26, 2015 05:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two cartoons : Broken Toys and Hollywood Party (one of the cartoons in which you can see movie stars), a song : Can't Stand Loosing You and an optical print in French : Cameo.

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 27, 2015 09:02 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night: Laurel and Hardy Blockheads (Blackhawk 3x400)

Not Blackhawk's best (a little soft in focus here and there) but a good story.

I like short features like this: it's a lot easier to squeeze it into a single show than a 5x400 or 6x400 film.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 03:24 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely evening watching 1200ft of super 8 we have filmed over the last year or so including using three cameras. This is using Agfa 200D stock just out of interest.
Wonder who this young chap might be?
 - This is the actual Super 8 film..

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 03:36 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful pin sharp print there Lee with superb colour rendition!
Looks like something from a bigger gauge from this photo!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 06:32 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew. Yes I find the Agfa 200D film really versatile in various lighting situations. Was interesting viewing my results en mass all filmed at 18fps and I'm now ready to start the editing of course as well. That particular shot shown was filmed with a Beaulieu 5008S hence the image quality, but I also use the Nizo 6080 which I love and its so versatile.
Nothing quite like Super 8 filming..

Young Simon will remember the filming of him holding his latest purchases.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 09:57 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
2 great great cameras used there. No wonder you achieve results as good as this!! [Smile]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2015 05:32 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of "odd reels". Reel 1 of Derann's Aladdin, very good colour but neg dust on last few seconds - reason for low price. Plus their Aliens reel 4 marked as "test print" - reversed image and faulty balance stripe giving distorted sound on a mono output twin track projector - good picture on 4ft high screen even with print masked to wide-screen.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 05:46 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, you can't beat the white boxed specials Brian! [Wink]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 28, 2015 07:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
La Grande époque (The Golden Age Of Comedy). The French version has an introduction made by the famous filmaker René Clair, who comments all the film long. A good film for all those who like the silent era.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 04, 2015 01:35 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday night : Hollywood On Parade (with Maurice Chevalier singing Louise), Beatles Come To Town, Cinema Cinema (a "fast moving reel which contains many film clips accompanied by the song "This Is The World Of Cinema", I couldn't have described it better that that sentence from the box), Bataille avec les requins (Battle With The Sharks, a Cousteau film), Chasse à l'arc dans la Savane (a documentary about hunting), Free Fall Parachuting, Sue My Lawyer (a sound short with Harry Langdon) and Mein Kampf, the French version, mounted on a 1200 ft/360 mt reel, introduced by the famous French journalist Léon Zitrone).

--------------------
Dominique

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2015 05:43 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

i have this Frankenstein color german sound Movie too.

It´s from the firm Inter Pathe, this firm have make the german sound on the Movies, the Print is from USA.

It gives a lot of great Titles from this firm with german sound.

Ciao Andi

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2015 07:33 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Universal 2x400ft of Slap Shot (bought I believe from Portland Films, Shaftesbury Avenue) I can't find an edge name for the stock but surprisingly good colour still. A few shots are light but I remember them that way from new. Also 2 about 100ft episodes of "The Wombles", original Bernard Cribbins narrated ones, on 4S which have beautiful colour, but the master material looks a little scratched in places - no tramlines but a few horizontal lines which I have never seen on a damaged 8nn print only 16 or 35mm ones.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 10, 2015 08:28 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing quite like The Wombles Brian and my fave episode would have to be 'FILM SHOW'

https://youtu.be/CrJ5qyvpBn0

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  180  181  182  183  184  185  186  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC