8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2009 05:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

Once again, great screen captures. If I were you, I wo0uld keep all of these screen captures for the future when you sell these (if you do) ...

... to a lucky slob named OSI!

Tonight, It was a Tom and Jerry Extravaganza!

3X400ft reels of flat Tom & Jerry cartoons, then ...
2X400ft of the scope Tom and Jerry cartoons!

including one of the rarest Tom and Jerry's on Super 8, and the very last Tom &Jerry released to theaters, "Purr Chance to Dream" 1967 one of the Chuck Jones Tom and Jerry's and directed by Ben Washam!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 05:37 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

thanks a lot. Always very kind. Hope all is right with you.
I normally don't keep any copy of these shots, but I like to post them here. It's a sort of diary; a sort of 'ship journal', you know? I know I could always find them here.

I will give you a call when I'm sick of all my prints, don't worry. Any preference?
I actually cannot wait to have good news about Leone's ONCE UPON IN THE WEST. There are hundreds of movies I'm in love with. But this is one of my favorite ever. Really.

Good to know about your Tom and Jerry night. What are you waiting for to post some shots? I think it's funny.
Take care.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 06:07 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Gian Gian,what a superprint,i like it,how do you make these beautiful pictures?you can stop the projector?my new projector can do that also in future,and if i know how i can add
screenshots here,then i'am in the club! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 06:12 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen Jeroen Jeroen,

you already are a member of the CLUB! How are you? Hope all is right with your leg.

Thanks for your post.
I just take the pictures while screening, no stop.

It's easy to post them here. I will write soon a mail to explain how to do it, ok? Take care my friend.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 06:25 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyday it goes better,but there are days it goes bad,Saturday evening i have watch my first movie after the operation,my good friend Richard has help me with the projector he goes to the radio and i have my movies,and i was so happy and i get stronger and stronger [Big Grin]
I wait for your mail.

Greets Jeroen. [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 06:50 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So tell us: what film did you screen last night?

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 19, 2009 07:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

As you read in the other post, it is possible to get a full length scope print of it, but it will truly cost you an arm and a leg!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2009 01:48 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will fix it. And anyway I have two legs and arms. No problem at all eh eh eh [Wink] !

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2009 03:46 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,look 10 posts back [Wink]

--------------------

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2009 06:59 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..........a special 'men only' show including some old amateur strip footage-as old as 1910's!-& the highlight was 'Emmanuelle' [Wink]

--------------------
Yannis

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 20, 2009 12:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday's show was "Goliath vs the Barbarians". Great scope print of this incredibly silly Steve Reeves vehicle, with special appearance by Bruce Cabot (aka J. Driscoll in the original Kong)

[ November 06, 2010, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2009 03:46 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, how are you?
Hope all is fine there. A question about your 35mm print of LES FRISSONS DE L'ANGOISSE: stock used? I always forget to ask you. CIAO!

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2009 04:10 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc,
I see you have often 35mm screenings, are you interested in the feature:
Gorky Park (Lee Marvin), this is a french dubbed 35mm print? (75 Euro + shipping).
(sorry this is off topic but I can´t find your email address)

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 21, 2009 05:45 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca: The print is in Paris, I'll let you know when I get back in august. It's warming so I'd guess it's Eastman.

Oemer: Thanks but no thanks. A friend already owns this title and we try not to collect the same films to swap the prints around.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2009 06:23 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jean-Marc. I hope you will anyway be in a position to fix it. Owning a 35mm copy of that film has always been a dream. And, please, don't forget to send me:

1 - Premiere screening invitation [Eek!] ;
2 - Preview shots (when and if available) [Big Grin] .

Ciao.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 21, 2009 09:00 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That "Gorky Park" is a film that I would LOVE to find an un-faded copy of on Super 8. I purchased an optical Super 8 print of that and while the sharpness of the image is truly stunning, it was on the worst of the WORST Eastman stock and it was already pinking, which is saying a lot as the film came out in 1983!

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2009 09:30 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Evening July 20 @ 9:15

FLY ME TO THE MOON

Version 2D

DVD Projection Computer Animated cute story about 3 flies hitch a ride on the first moon walk mission.

We laughed at this film, and we laughed just as hard when we realized it was also the 40th anniversary of the same mission!

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2009 11:14 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well actually it was Saturday Night but we had our second annual outdoor Super 8 Theatre with family and friends.
used the Elmo Sound Hi Vision SC 18 and projected:
Goofy in "Billposters" plus "Goofy and Wilbur" - Peter Pan Meets Captain Hook - Abbott and Costello Go To Mars (Universal 8 400') - Raiders of The Lost Ark (Marketing 400' with still beautiful color)
This was the official website
Cheers
Terry

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2009 03:12 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wauw loveley Terry,why we don't have this in the Netherlands! [Frown]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 22, 2009 10:25 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well actually it was Saturday Night but we had our second annual outdoor Super 8 Theatre with family and friends.
Terry, was that in Toronto (or GTA)? If so, please let me know via private to winbert @ hotmail (dot) com if you have similar programs next time. I may join and bring my kids and some foods (not films, don't have yet)

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 22, 2009 10:29 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Terry, was that in Toronto (or GTA)? If so, please let me know via private to winbert @ hotmail (dot) com if you have similar programs next time. I may join and bring my kids and some foods (not films, don't have yet)

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 22, 2009 10:40 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TERRY!

That website was absolutely splendid!

--------------------

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2009 10:07 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, sent you a PM

Osi, Thanks, gotta create excitement!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2009 10:25 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great great great, Terry!

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2009 10:57 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,watched the Pixar shorts One Man Band,For the Birds,Gone Nutty and Boundin' followed by Roller Coaster Rabbit...Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC