8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6th July 2009, Monday -

Osi, of course Kodak SP is better than a Eastman. No dubt at all! About REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE well, I really would like to find a better print.

And tonight, after a very long waiting...

Pixar FOR THE BIRDS. So funny!

-

Followed by Weir's MASTER AND COMMANDER.

-  -
 -  -

Terrific prints!

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 # 2; Sankor 16C scope lens on Elmo 1,0.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2009 11:21 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday night July 6 @ 8:15pm

Akira Kuwasawas "Dreams" dvd projection

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 07, 2009 08:52 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAH! Akira! A fascinating film-maker.

I have "RAN" (Akira's take on "King Lear")
and "Kagemusha" (The Double)

Good choice, Chip!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2009 01:20 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I figured after my marathon on Sunday there was only one place left to go --- 16mm (aaaah If only I had the set up Jean-Marc has there'd be plenty more places to go)
but I broke out the highly elaborate (NOT! [Eek!] ) 16mm screening set up at my condo..

In the top half of the first picture you see the Screen set up (It is 6 feet wide) and the speaker is peaking out next to the arm of the couch. The bottom half shows the projection booth (which is the kitchen). I put the projector on counter and the reels fit up under the exhaust hood - which has a little light, handy for changeovers) On the dining room table you can see remnants of my obsession in the rewind arm, piled reels- I use an elmo 16-CL and a 38mm lens to fill the screen. Tonight I was watching an IB tech print of Pearl of South Pacific (1955) prior to listing it for sale on ebay.... The light coming through the window is because I got home early tonight and it was still light out when I watched it.

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2009 01:54 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night 16mm test screening:
- Tom & Jerry: Holliwood Bowl, wonderful LPP print (thanks Stuart)
- Tom & Jerry: Johann Mouse, excellent technicolor print but with lot of splices in the first minute or so, some seconds missing here and there and end title missing.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 08, 2009 09:14 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats very interesting Dino.

I sold a NIles Super 8 print of that film and while it didn't have absolutely perfect color, (the daytime scenes were kind of washed out and faded looking, but the nighttime scenes seemed to have all they're color, don't figure), but boy, I.B. Tech certainly does make a marked difference!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 11, 2009 12:06 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our outdoor screenings a la fresca in Provence have resumed yesterday night with "Tentacles" on 16mm. Superb print of a very bad film...

[ November 06, 2010, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 12, 2009 10:23 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Murder by Decree" was projected yesterday night.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2009 06:02 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12th July 2009
Sunday night super 8 screening:

Disney's FANTASIA 2000.

-

Thanks a lot, Kevin. This is a G R E A T movie!

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 # 1 - Elmo 1,0

[ July 12, 2009, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 01:35 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK I'm not sure if this sounds like I have a problem but I spent fri/sat/sun in SF at the SF Silent Film Festivalwatching films from 10am until 11pm and to rest up I took the day off of work (since our flight home got delayed). I woke up and watched The Shadow Strikes (1937) Niles Super 8 print
then I watched a 16mm print in the living room of Rocketship X-M (1950)
then it was time for some shorts

Stepping on the Gas (1926?) A fairly rare comedy/action 2 reeler on reg 8

Tale of two Cities (1911)Vitagraph short verson of the Dickens classic (This is the 2 reel blackhawk release on Reg 8)

and finally one that I am not sure I have the correct title for, but it is a rare 9.5 short from the Romance of History no. 9 The Story of Nell Gwynne

-

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 03:20 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino
The silent std shorts you showed are the ones you got from Tom Stathes, I know because I got many of the others! But you beat me on STEPPING ON THE GAS, indeed a rare one. Please give me some facts. Is it a Milburn Morante comedy ? Tom mentions a similar name but mentions it obviously wrong.Does the film have any credits? If yes,can you list them along with the plot,your opinion and perhaps a photo or two? I'd appeciate it. And yes,the 9,5 mm film
is A Story of Nell Gwynne.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 04:04 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
beautiful Gian,i like it! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Jeroen, and welcome back one more time! [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 14, 2009 08:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love that last shot, Gian. Beautiful.

Vampyr (1931) great surreal film.

and ...

Couldn't resist watching "The Fog" feature, in scope again. That film was a truly great print from Derann. Colors are VERY true to the original film!

Lovely!

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2009 09:38 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the Walton feature REVENGE with Joan Collins. It arrived a few days ago from Classic Home Cinema... Absolutely gorgeous, mint print in the original boxes. I had never seen the film before and it's always a thrill seeing something on super 8 for the first time. It's an interesting British thriller with some plot twists. The slight editing by Walton was flawless...can't tell where they made the cuts so I just ordered the DVD to see what's missing. It's amazing how rich the colors still are on a number of my Walton features - I wish Derann used the same stock back in the 70's...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2009 04:27 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
15th July 2009, Wednesday

-

Super 8  - screening:

Carpenter's HALLOWEEN (thanks once more, Kevin).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo ST 1200 HD - Singer 16D scope lens on Elmo 1,1.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 16, 2009 02:47 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday night, a la fresca with "The Mask" (I'll try to post pics later as I forgot my USB cord).

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2009 10:54 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday Evening July 16 @ 9:10pm

CYRANO DEBERGERAC from 1950

Plus the short digest SHAFT with Richard Roundtree from 1970's

Everything super 8 sound

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 03:10 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
since we get our 3. child (little daughter 10 months old) is it very difficult for me to watch Film but today I had a little bit time for Super 8.
Few weeks ago I bought two martial arts films (each 2x400) and Superman (3x400 and the 1x400 version). After watching this I thought how bad is Super 8 compared to 35mm.
But few minutes ago I screened a trailer reel: King kong (Volkswagen commercial), License to kill, Batman (1989), License to kill (different one), and it was great how good can be Super 8 (With a Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens).

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 04:28 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc, I'm curious to see pictures of your setup. Are you showing the movies in the garden of your summer residence? Or is it a neigbourhood show, or some kind of open air festival? Do you have portable 16mm shows as well?

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2009 06:10 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturdaynight 2 trailers of Disney's Snow White 1x50ft
Lady and the tramp 4x600ft
The snowman 1x600ft

It was nice and played on my Agfa sonector LS [Big Grin]

[ July 27, 2009, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Jeroen van Ooijen ]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 02:08 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I was back to 16mm (after going to the theatre to see Bruno)and I watched an IB Tech print of Tennessee's Partner with my wife. She liked it but was sad when........OK I won't give it away - I then spooled up Nosferatu on Super 8 but had to stop before actually watching it since I looked at the time (It was a little late to start another film)

Panayotis, sure I am actually tinkering with an 8mm projector that I want to get up n running soon, so I'll watch it on that one (I'm hoping to get a brighter picture than on my Elmo AP-8) and take some pics, and then write up a mini review. The good thing is Stepping on the Gas has LOTS of name credits throughout. As for Nell Gwynne does anyone know the Pathescope number?

-

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 19, 2009 07:20 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter, if you read further up, you'll see that we screen both.

Last weekend, we helped organizing a 1960s revival fair. We took over one of the town's garages and set up a makeshift screen made out of a wooden frame and a white linen sheet. We projected soundies all day with an Eiki EX2000 xenon. The projector and my daughter who was dancing around to the beat of the silly songs were the stars of the show.

I'm staying at the summer house of a friend and I'm taking care of his cine gear. I'm also building a small home theatre in one of his cellars. We have one of the exterior walls painted white and it's the exact ratio for cinemascope (about 35ft wide).

I'm taking pics but forgot my USB cord so I won't be able to post them until august.

Last night, "Cabaret". Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome...

[ November 06, 2010, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 08:26 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dino.

On Friday night I showed TOWN ON TRIAL,a nice British mystery with John Mills,a complete std 8 (Derann?) print,supplemented by PROMICES TO KEEP (a promo for THE YAKUZA),DR JEKYL AND MR HYDE,a curious early talkie excerpt looking as if filmed from the stage,with Sheldon Lewis,who had also starred in a silent feature version in the early twenties.Plus,the very first WB cartoon,no titles but known as BOSCO THE TALK-INK KID,Rudolph Ising draws Bosco who dances,talks and sings in perfect early- talking-cartoon synchronisation ! All shorts on super 8.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2009 05:06 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
19th July 2009
Sunday night super 8 screening:

-

Disney's THE FOX AND THE HOUND.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 #1 - Elmo 1,1

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC