8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 53)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2009 06:05 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer, so happy you finally found CARS [Wink] !

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 26, 2009 07:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem Gian!

I'll find reels two and three sooner or later ...

Who knows, I might luck into the original Rescuers before the sequel, (wink wink!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2009 08:11 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, those pictures are so cool! If it was in Super 8, I'd love to have that movie, even in French!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 03:32 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John thanks you can pick up the German Super 8 digests which are edited pretty well. One of the forum members has them up for auction on ebay right now, and they have already had them dubbed over into English STAR CRASH

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 03:57 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics Gian,and i'am sorry i didn't do my homework [Frown]
i like the pics from the rescuers downunder,that's the next one i want i think,but it's hard to get,so a challenge for me! [Wink]

Greats [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 05:12 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Jeroen.
Hope you will get it soon! Ciao.

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 06:53 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here at the Murin household, we stay in Christmas mode untill Januray 2nd!

That said, I was home alone yesterday so, again using the digital projector and the 80" screen, I watched:

BLU-RAY:

Godzilla (1998 US version. Love this movie!)

Nightmare Before Christmas

Then, when my parents got home, we watched, on their 55" HDTV:

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians

Possible more Christmas movies to come in the week ahead!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 07:06 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we had an odd choice of movies for a double bill. The only connection was that they were both Walton features. We started with "Fright" (4X400ft Colour). This is a very scary film with Susan George,Honor Blackman,John Gregson and George Cole and Dennis Waterman before they were "Terry and Arfur" in "Minder". Susan George is babysitting for Honor Blackman and George Cole but no one knows that Honor's husband, a psychotic strangler (brilliantly played by the late Ian Bannen) has escaped and is on his way home. Great colour and a good print. We decided to lighten the tone after this with "Oh Mr. Porter".(4X400ft Black and White) This film is just great and gets better with every showing. There is a full length version available however so you might try to find that one if you want a print but it is a little harder to find. Many years ago I was out with a GPO telephone engineer friend who took me to all that remains of Cliddesden station on the now defunct Basingstoke to Alton Line. It was this station that was used as Buggleskelly station in the film. All that remains is a platform surrounded by farmland and countryside but it was great to stand on the platform that Will Hay, Graham Moffatt and Moore Marriot had made this classic film on so many years before.

Paul.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 12:23 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,this afternoon i was screening!

Lady and the Tramp 4x600ft sound Derann

This is my favorite movie to watch again and again! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 12:35 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, I watched that on DVD yesterday, it's such a great feature!

Hopefully I'll own it on Super 8 some day [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 01:04 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian,evryday i watch it i'am proud that i'am the owner of this great feature.
Hope you have it someday,it's worth the money and it's in scope! [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 27, 2009 02:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm becoming reunited with a feature I had completely forgotten that I had in my collection!

The French Connection! 4X600ft Letterboxed/fullframe

One of the best actioneers/dramas ever!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 03:11 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh LADY AND THE TRAMP... How hard it was to get it eh eh eh [Wink] !

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted December 27, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"GRAND HOTEL" - Garbo, two Barrymores, Crawford, Wallace Beery, etc

Old VHS tape, recorded from the telly. Watched on the telly. The most relaxing night at the movies I've had in ages!!
Wonderful.

[Big Grin]

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night:

All Super 8 on the Elmo ST 1200 and Eumig 940.

Sahara Hare, Derann Bugs, brand new beautiful print.

Project the Right Image, Derann brand new - thought it would be an old B & W, but was surprised to find it was colour, good fun film.

Bad Ol' Putty Tat, Derann brand new print.

(still have Toot Whistle Plunk & Boom C/S brand new to run)

Microphonies Three Stooges some print warping causing slight in and out of focus. I notice this problem on a few old Columbia Stooges prints; anyone else have this problem?

Tom Slick cartoon with full opening. Another very nice IE International print with very little fade.

Auto Cine Pathe Pictorial. Wanted it new in 1979, bought it used in 2009! Any film featuring a drive-in will win me over, this features the new Metro drive-in in Rome......with some to come in the UK!!! Outside of the US, Metro (MGM) Drive-ins were very popular, there was a large 1750 car twin just near here. Any other films featuring drive-ins that I have missed (other than Grease)?

As you can see, I love my shorts although I do have another feature coming....stay tuned.

David

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lady and the Tramp is realy one of the best Disney features. I watched it only two times. First, it was a Super 8 cinemascope reversal print (I sold it many years ago) and the second was a flat technicolor 35mm print from a friend of mine. The Flat version is not a pan and scan version, it is filmed also flat like many other features in mid 50´s. For example like Knights of the round table, Brigadoon or Forbidden Planet. It´s very interesting to watch the same movie flat and scope.

Yesterdays screening: I made my 35mm Cars print ready for screening, I spliced it on 2 reels, on front the Star Wars special edition trailers [Smile] but my family canceled screening in the last minute [Razz] [Confused] [Eek!] [Mad] because they wanted to watch the DVD of Ice Age 3
I hope I can screen it today [Wink]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 05:50 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah ah, so funny Oemer. Why don't you change family? Just joking, of course [Wink] !

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 27, 2009 05:56 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I bet that flat version on 35MM of Lady and the Tramp is rather rare, especially when nearly everyone knows it to be a scope feature from the beginning.

It does make sense however. When Lady and the Tramp came out, scope was still a very new thing and not all theaters could project scope ...

... so many studio's put out both flat and scope versions of they're films. MGM released they're Tom and Jerry films in both scope and flat versions for that first year of scope production.

It's no surprise that Disney would do the same, to give the film as much play in theaters as possible. It would be interesting to see what additional info is seen on the screen on the top and bottom in the backgrounds

--------------------

Robert Wales
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 10:12 PM      Profile for Robert Wales   Email Robert Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disney released the flat version of Lady & The Tramp on laserdisc about 12 years ago as well as the more well-known scope version, but you had to buy two separate discs to get both versions. Haven't watched mine in years.

The DVD lists both a 2:35 as well as a "full-screen (pan and scan )" version - I wonder if this is a mistake and the so-called pan and scan version is really the 1:33 version incorrectly labelled.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 11:42 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished projecting GONE WITH THE WIND (Super8mm). My youngest is home for the holiday and it's her favorite and we celebrated the GWTW 70th anniversary by watching it on the big screen. The print is stunning....

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2009 01:23 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian - You are like a projectionist role model, with the complete and well thought out programs you put together

Jean-Marc - thanks for the kind words, part of todays' screening was inspired by you, since I have been thinking about fun dinosaur movies lately, unfortunately this print is not the best.

Today was a "two-fer" I did a silent film in the afternoon on Reg 8mm called ANNAPOLIS (1928) which I'm going to put a full review in the proper section, and then tonight it was sort of a living room grindhouse since I busted out my latest purchase. A $20 16mm feature that was faded and scratched, but let's face it for $20 I expected that, but it is a fun flick regardless. Oh and for the record AT THE EARTH'S CORE (1976) has one of the funniest lines ever when Peter Cushing yells "You cannot mesmerise me, I'm British"

-

-

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2009 01:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Dino [Wink] !

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2009 08:13 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Caroline Munro is such a beauty, even in red.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 28, 2009 09:31 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Guy!

I'm a big time sucker for those American International "B" pictures! No doubt partly from seeing them in the theaters.
Mmmm Caroline!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2009 01:39 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all - Ummm..Caroline Munro....yep....why do you think I watched 2 Munro films this weekend...my little xmas present to myself [Big Grin]

Osi - yep I love the AI films as well, my old drive in theatre used to play them.

Tonight though I had to step things up a notch (although if you believe the reviews on imdb I sank even lower) and opted for a really good character study. A forgotten film from the early 60's that would have been praised had it come out in one of the decades earlier. Somewhere between Baby Doll (1956) and Splendor in the Grass (1961) lies CLAUDELLE INGLISH (1961). Maybe Michel should save his 16mm acquisitions for forgotten films such as this since 9 times out of 10 I find the prints to be in excellent shape. This one I acquired from one of my trading buddies whom I trust, maybe that is another option for Michael...just don't leave film!!!!

The first picture is what Dino's Drive-In looks like on a 16mm pre show - This time you can see my wife and pup Brittany eagerly awaiting the film...At the end of tonight's screening they were both less enthusiastic since the story is quite tragic.

-

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC