8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 67)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 14, 2010 04:11 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night :
- Assorted ads and trailers (including Sherlock Holmes, Princess and the Frog)
- The Chubb Chubbs save Xmas
- Runaway Brain

[ November 06, 2010, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 05:48 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturdaynight i screened

Once upon a wintertime 1x200ft

Mickeys Christmas carol 1x600ft

Mainfeature Peter Pan(Disney)3x600ft

All with my Elmo ST1200 HD

I had in the begin that i have my new projector some speedproblems,but i have send my projector for repair to Kunee here in the Netherlands and they repair my projector and everything works now.

http://www.kunee-instruments.com/

So if you need a repair i'am very happy with it.
[Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 06:46 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to know about it, Jeroen. Let us know [Wink] !

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 06:56 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trailer screening, to test all the new reels + the new lens:

Trailers:
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Men in Black (SCOPE)
- Wild Wild West (SCOPE)
- Hercules (SCOPE)

"Features":
- Home movie from 1978 + Newly filmed home video from 2009
- Our Gang, Follies of 1938
- Tom and Jerry, Cat Concerto

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 08:30 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday's viewings were all on Blu-Ray:

Quantum Of Solace

Chicken Little

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 09:07 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris, what lens are you actually using?

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 09:10 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Gian!

Currently, I'm using the Elmo 1.3 15-25 and a Proskar Anomorphic 16 2X scope lens [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 10:59 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thanks for telling me [Wink] .

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 12:42 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys,why are there people that screening movies like dvd bluray etc etc......
Forgive me but that is not super8,i watch sometimes dvd but i'll never write it on a 8mm forum.
I think i'am not the only one with this meaning,i can't help it but maby must there be a beamercorner for this.
This forum is about super8 people. [Frown]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 01:12 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday night, was another pot-pourri of recent silent std 8 comedy acquisitions: Stan Laurel in the bizzare SAVE THE SHIP,
Hank Mann in THE MESSENGER,Snub Pollard in YOU ARE PINCHED, Eddie Boland in GREEK MEETS GREEK,Billy Ruge and "Babe" Hardy in HUNGRY HEARTS,Chester Conklin in A ONE NIGHT STAND,Ford Sterling in THE BOWLING MATCH, Ben Turpin in THE EYES HAVE IT and Bobby Vernon and Gloria Swanson in THE SULTAN'S WIFE.
Saturday night, at a friend's house, VIVA LAS VEGAS, 16 mm,excellent color but unfortunately flat.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 05:51 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, just because the forum is called "8mm Forum" does not mean we cannot discuss digital formats or what we watched on those formats. Super 8 is the primary format of discussion here but it would be a serious joy killer if we could not discuss any other format for fear of being kicked off.

Speaking for myself, if this forum suddenly forbids discussion of digital formats, you can consider me gone forever.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 08:41 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had an unusually long film festival tonight with a friend over. Started with sound, ended with sound. Some great silent stuff in between.

Here's the program as it ended up, planned as it went along:

Lonesome Lenny (Tex Avery cartoon, 1946)
One Week (Buster Keaton, 1920)
The Great Train Robbery (1903)
Some animations I did in the 1980's. Color is still great.
The Crazy Ray (1923)
Coffy (400 ft Ken digest)
Beatles promo film for "Revolution"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 14, 2010 09:46 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I ran a new 200ft Super8 Derann print about 9 minutes long I bought last year "A Train For Christmas" the colour was a bit on the blue side, my full 16mm 25 minute I have of the same title is a bit red....cant win "drat" [Roll Eyes] however I am happy to have both [Smile] visited the actual locomotive last week.

After the film side was over we watched "The Time Machine" 1960 projected on the Sanyo Z1 VP, very good 5:1 sound by the way.

Jeroen although technically it is a 8mm forum I always find it interesting what other people like to watch, it doesn't bother me if its eg 8mm, 9.5mm, 35mm, 70mm, VP or whatever, each to there own. It does make things a bit more interesting though, dont you think?.....jeepers come to think about it [Roll Eyes] I was talking about triple expansion steam engines on the Yak section [Eek!] [Wink]

Graham. [Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 02:51 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis is your Greek meets Greek the 200ft Metro version?

I had a similar standard 8 marathon this afternoon with my wife who was in and out of sleep....We were both tired.

GODDESS OF SAGEBRUSH (1912, DW Griffith w/ Blanche Sweet) 1 x 200ft Entertainment Films

THE WRONG MR. FOX (1917, Victor Moore comedy) 1 x 200ft Blackhawk

A SUBMARINE PIRATE (1915, Syd Chaplin comedy) 1 x 400ft Perry's

CRIME CONTROL (1941, Robert Benchley) 1 x 200ft sound Blackhawk

ZUDORA-EP 8-A FOILED ELOPEMENT (1914, Thanhouser serial) 1 x 200ft Blackhawk

PEARL OF THE ARMY EP 10-SILENT MENACE UNMASKED (1916, Pearl White serial) 2 x 200ft Regent

THUMB PRINTS AND DIAMONDS (1914, Myers & Theby dramedy) 1 x 200ft Blackhawk

HOPE (1922, Mary Astor drama) 2 x 200ft Entertainment films

THE THIRTEENTH JUROR (1927, Anna Q. Nilsson, Francis X. Bushman) 6 x 200ft Entertainment Films

I posted pics of the shorts over on kev's site so here is the feature, which had some really nice imagery in addition to a good little redemption murder courtroom drama....and no I didn't accidentally post a pic from Cat and the Canary, Martha Mattox just looks like she is playing the same character......

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 15, 2010 03:30 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No film at all this weekend -spent the weekend watching Griffith/Biograph shorts on Youtube.
Sorry Jeroen, but there ya go. I'm not likely to see these shorts anywhere else!

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 05:37 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino
First,thanks for THE WANDERING JEW, I'll be waiting for it.
Second,yes,GREEK MEETS GREEK is the Metro 200 ft version in its original box.A dark print,but then, you never know (knew) what to expect from those second rate companies (Metro, Atlas etc) with all those mouthwatering rare titles. Imagine my surprise when,in exchange for another film, I got, in its original box, an Atlas Chaplin comedy titled CHARLEY ON THE FARM and discovered it was a Pat Sullivan Chaplin cartoon ! !

On another subject. Remember when you informed me that A1 Video had an 8mm copy of the Milburn Morante comedy,STEPPING ON THE GAS? That was in November. I e-mailed Alex Bartosh with a big order of film titles. He answered immediately. He remembered me from the past when I was buying films from him (and he was o.k.) and said he'd gather the titles and would call me back. Ten days afterwards I wrote him back asking if he had forgotten me. He again answered immediately with the same answer. On January 3rd,I wrote him for the last time,asking him if he didn't care for my good money or for selling the films to me. He again answered immediately, and politely as always,that now that the holidays are over he would look over his boxes and find the titles for me (!!!). Of course,once more, nothing happened. Of course,now I don't want any deals with him and he can shove his films where it's due. I am writing this as a warning of "don't bother with him" to all forum members. Did you or any other member have a similar experience with him ?

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 09:06 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It don't bother me don't understand me wrong please,but personal i'am more interrested in super8.
I watch dvd also and you tube [Wink]
But sometimes as i will reading quick and i see a title that people watch then i miss the dvdthing,and there i go,i'am looking for a new title but didn't see that the one watch a dvd [Frown]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 02:29 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis....Alex is a great guy but like many he is forgetful of emails....I have had many great deals with him but I realize that it can sometimes take 3-4 months for it to work out...If you call his phone number it is usually a machine and you can leave a message reminding him...You just need patience with him and you'll get some great films...His main business is the video/dvd and the films are a secondary sale of items he has to go and first check on in storage and then retrieve....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 15, 2010 05:46 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday Night: show to about 20 people from my camping group at a rented retreat house on Shelter Island, New York.

All Super-8:

Mickey's Fire Brigade
Busy Bodies (Laurel and Hardy)
The Engine Driver
Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper
Jennings Point (My own film about the same weekend in 2004, on Plus-X with a music track on EVT Magnetics sound stripe)

Getting two projectors and my 92" wide screen in the van along with all the weekend gear and four people was kind of a 3 dimensional jigsaw puzzle.

We are considering donating a wide screen to the camp.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 10:19 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Valentine's Day showing:

On DVD:
For Love Or Money

Excellent romantic comedy with Michael J. Fox. I hadn't seen it before but it's a funny, charming movie! Highly recommended!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 15, 2010 10:20 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night on 16mm: "Cricket and the Tuba' (Czech animation from the 70s)

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 17, 2010 01:37 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mel Brooks super 8 show on tuesday:
- Blazing Saddles (Warner 400ft)
- Silent Movie (Piccolo 400ft)
- Young Frankenstein (Piccolo 400ft)

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2010 08:34 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was a 16mm double feature night...

Started with Ed Wood's Bride of The Monster and finished with a LPP Death Race 2000.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 17, 2010 08:44 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Death Race 2000? Now I'm jealous.... [Eek!]

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2010 08:51 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight on Super 8:

Race For a Life (Mabel Normand, Mack Sennett, 1912)
Lena and the Geese (Mary Pickford, 1913)
Cops (Keaton, 1922)

Death Race 2000 would be incredibly cool to have on film. I'm jealous too.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC