8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 71)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 05:33 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it possible to watch 16mm at home?great pictures Gian!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 05:54 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen.
Of couse it was eh eh. Love this movie! Thanks my friend!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 09:03 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, for some friends:
The Crazy Ray (1923)
The Cuckoo Clock (Tex Avery cartoon)
Bold King Cole (Weird Felix the Cat color cartoon from the '30s)
King Size Canary (Tex Avery cartoon)

Later, just for me & wife: Dangerous Females (1929)

Tonight, screened my new acquisition:
Dizzy Heights and Daring Hearts (1916)

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 10:14 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well OK this might not really apply, but I must mention it

SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE

35mm Cinemascope Dolby Digital

New release at the American cinema today.

Cute blonde - funny comedy love story.

If you feel this post is not in the right spot because I did not run it at home tell me and I will not post my night out at the cinema again.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2010 11:06 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our last screening was a good and long one, all S8mm. Started with some Blackhawk silents, A Girl and Her Trust & Boobs In The Woods. Next up was a Blackhawk OUR GANG Little Daddy. Then came a Calamity Jane preview trailer, Star Wars condensed best of reel, Roger Rabbit in Tummy Trouble, a theater mobile phone spoof announcement, then The Warriors complete feature.

Pictures were from my camera phone and are very bad quality compared to what we saw on the screen. [Frown]

-

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 14, 2010 03:57 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wayne,
Who released THE WARRIORS on S8?

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2010 04:54 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I knew about a digest, not about the feature. Same question, Wayne. Any idea? Thanks.

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2010 09:41 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I saw Raise the Titanic feature.

Btw, The Warriors feature was released by Marketing, I was thinking of bying a copy myself, but they went bust before I had time to do it.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2010 11:31 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly it was my last night with the Sankyo 700,i've just sold her,as i expect to have my ST-1200HD M+O anyday now.

Watched a few cartoons then Callan followed by stunning Brigitte Bardot in Shalako

-
These are not that sharp to look at,but thats a webcam for ya [Smile] ~
 -

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2010 09:07 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, The Warriors is a marketing film. They released a 400'(333') selected scenes, 3X400' abridged featurette version, and 5X400' full feature.

I have had them all over the last several years. I personally think the color popped on the screen the best in the 3X400' version for what ever reason....

For what it is worth, I got it in a trade from Patrick W. who had it up for trade for a long time on this site.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2010 08:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Wayne. Did not know about the full feature.

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2010 12:21 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I've been looking for The Warriors for a while now.... tried twice for the 3x400, but was always too late. It's been quite some time since I've seen a full feature pop up.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 16, 2010 12:32 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The colors on my print of "The Warriors" feature have held up pretty well.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Damien Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2010 04:50 AM      Profile for Damien Taylor   Email Damien Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a 35mm night with a couple of mates last night, got through a reel of daters, snipes and tags and through a 50's New Zealand Newsreel. Was playing a 'fruitcake reel' made of random found footage when the tension on the feed reel was lost and 5 layers of film tried to make their way through the projector at once. This ended the night early, but thankfully it was essentially scrap film and the projector is was ok.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2010 09:01 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night:
Finders Keepers optical feature.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2010 11:39 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday night, watched my new acquisitions with my wife:

Teddy at the Throttle (1917) - silent 400ft
St. Louis Blues (1929) - sound 400ft

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2010 06:47 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
25th March 2010, Thursday

16mm screening night with Elia Kazan's EAST OF EDEN starring James Dean, Raymond Massey, Julie Harris (USA 1955).

Gorgeous IB TECH print on 3*1600ft reels.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo 16CL; Isco 1,3

--------------------

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2010 09:32 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Gian! That's a beautiful looking print. Too bad James Dean wasn't able to continue with his acting. I remember seeing an interview of Elia Kazan saying that Raymond Massey and his wife went over the script 'tooth and comb' until he knew it real well, but James Dean used to ad lib and Massey just hated him for it. So the angry that he expresses for Cal is real.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2010 03:02 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Larry.
Very interesting reading about that. I did not know.
Ciao.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2010 06:22 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
27th March 2010, Saturday

Super 8 screening night.
The programme:

TRAILER:
- Beauty and the Best # 2
- New York, New York

SHORT:
- One Man Band (Scope - Pixar)

FEATURE:
- Little shop of Horrors by Frank Oz (optical airlines print probably on Kodak SP).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 #1; Rectimascope Lens (for 'One Man Band')on Elmo 1,1

(I did not use the same camera I normally do, so pics are more or less, this time).

[ March 28, 2010, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2010 03:09 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, Little Orphan Annie on super 8. I recently obtained this feature and watched it for the first time. A charming little B movie from 1932.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2010 11:14 PM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super Cops
MGM
Optical
Super 8
4x400 Feature on 2 very full Elmo 800,s

I believe its an Airline copy as it had Asian Subs.

It hadnt faded too much and was in good shape,not the greatest print though.

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2010 06:59 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last screening was about 45 minutes of intermissions and snipes checking the lab's work...tonight will be a t.v. print of Convoy.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2010 05:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30th March 2010, Tuesday.

Super 8 screening night with Disney's THE LION KING (1994) issued by Derann.
This print is simply A M A Z I N G.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 31, 2010 12:57 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Strange coincidence, Gian, I screened the opening scene of LK yesterday...

[ November 06, 2010, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC