8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 72)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 03:11 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, Jean-Marc.
Something similar had happened last year when you went to that Goblin concert while I was screening 'Profondo Rosso' eh eh eh.
Talk to you soon about that u.k. [Wink] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 05:16 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian.... great shots of LSOH and LK..... I'm about to begin to remove the mag stripe on my LSOH print, a nice spring/summer project, I suppose. I bought the print knowing it was inferior, but the original optical track is still there. Kevin F had suggested acetone to remove stripe on another thread, only on polyester prints of course). I love the stereo sound, but of course I can sync it witht he DVD for better audio. I love this film! When I ran this at my theatre in 1986, we actually built our own Audrey II.... that was a lot of fun! Wish I had kept pictures.... but they all went to Corporate.

Still looking for my Lion King.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2010 05:42 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A real pity you did not have any pic, Greg!
Did you stripe the LSOH yourself?
Hope you will be in a position to sort that job.
Thanks for all compliments, btw.
Ciao.

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2010 04:05 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double feature show last night:
TOM BROWN'S SCHOOL DAYS,super 8 Davelyn print,not the best I have seen,rather dark and contrasty.
PARDON US,std 8 Blackhawk print,rather light but nice one.
Plus THE CAT'S ME-OUCH. The only Chuck Jones Tom & Jerry that I have, as I dislike Jones' approach to my most beloved cartoon characters,and as much as I admire Jones for his entire body of work at Warners. Nice super 8 print from Steve Villarino.

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 09:40 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Epic day yesterday Gone With The Wind feature.

I have had this copy since 1986, (first feature I bought direct from Derann) and yesterday was acctually the first time I saw it in it's original version, as it was supposed to be.
What the h*** do I mean??

When I bought it I was somewhat saddened to se that all the music, overture, intermission play-out, entr'acte and exit music, was missing. I thought that they atleast could have kept the entr'acte since it's only 90 seconds long.

In 1993 I bought the soundtrack on CD, and it contained the overture, entr'acte and exit music. I promtly recorded this and added to the film, but still the intermission organmusic was missing. Only last year when I bought the film in the 4 disc DVD box I was able to get this piece of elusive music. Being a bit of a procrastinator, it took me untill a couple of weeks ago to record this music. And yesterday it was time for the first showing of the now complete film. The runningtime is now 233 minutes.

If they only had not used a metrocolor neg but a technicolor one, and had the correct titles, the ones where the letters of the title sweeps across the background, I would have ben really happy.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 05:09 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2nd April 2010, Friday.

Super 8 screening night with Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID issued by Derann.
Not the best Disney on super 8 (in terms of quality), but great fun anyway.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2010 10:54 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been a while since I've posted in this thread. I've been busy with my new Elmo 16-AL. [Big Grin] So, here's what I've been watching in 16mm:

Last Friday:

The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow (1978/TV)
This low budget TV movie is a excellent version of the classic story. Good acting, direction and writing all combine for fine entertainment. Jeff Goldblum is perhaps the best Ichabod Crane ever with his tall lanky form. This has long been a favorite of mine.

Print is in decent shape with faint scratches throughout. Color has not faded but warmed though flesh tones become normal in reel 3 and stay that way for the rest of the movie. Focus is razor sharp.

Last Saturday:

The Time Machine (1978/TV)
Good low budget version of H.G. Wells' novel. A bit more adventures than other versions with the time traveller also visiting the 1600's and the early 1900's.

Print is good. Scratched throughout with reel 1 being the worse but not unwatchable. Color has faded a bit and only slightly warmed. Focus ranges from sharp to soft due to the large number of optical effects. I'm happy with it.

The Fall Of The House Of Usher (1979/TV)
Low budget version starring Martin Landau and Robert Hays benefits from atmospheric direction and an excellent performance by Landau as Roderick Usher.

Print is in good shape with faint scratches throughout. Color is a bit faded and slightly warmed. Focus is good but not as sharp as I would like.

Wednesday:

The Mouse And His Child
1977 animated feature in which the title toy wind-up mice and their adventures in seeking to become "self-winding". Not really a kids movie as it has little action and is philosophical in nature. However, if you don't expect a "Toy Story" type of movie, this movie's rewards are great.

Print is scratched throughout but perfectly watchable. Color has not faded but has slightly warmed. Focus is sharp. Only 3 splices in the whole print. Considering how very rare this movie is, it's in excellent condition and I'm very happy with it.

Thursday:

Mowgli's Brothers
1976 animated TV special from Chuck Jones. Darker and more serious than Disney's Jungle Book, this is nonetheless terrific in it's own right.

Color has not faded but has turned red, not too bad though. Print is otherwise in good condition. Some warping affects the focus but only for the first couple of minutes. It's decent enough.

Grizzly Adams: "The Renewal"
This feature length (75 minutes) episode of the short lived but popular TV series has Adams and his friends preparing for the arrival of spring and, of course, Easter. This has everything you could ask for in an Easter special, colored eggs, rabbits, Indian rituals, and a telling of the story of Jesus. Excellent family entertainment.

Print is excellent! Zero scratches, color is not faded and only slightly warmed. Focus is razor sharp showcasing the beautiful landscapes of Utah in all their glory!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2010 03:59 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,better then mine,it is shocking but i'am over it now!
In spain they go restore it now in a mean while!
[Big Grin]
Tonight i watch my new rescuers and i must enjoy it extra because it costs me a lot of money extra(tax)
[Frown]

Jeroen

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2010 05:35 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen.
What's the problem with yours MERMAID?
Any chance to see some screen shots from your print?

Let us know if you'll be happy with your RDU.
Ciao.
And happy Easter (too you and all members) [Wink] .

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2010 05:54 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Easter also you and everyone!
Tonight i put a screenshot!
I send you an PM ok [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2010 05:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3rd April 2010, Saturday

Super 8 screening night with Disney's SLEEPING BEAUTY by Derann, 3*600 scope/stereo.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Rectimascop 48/2x on Elmo 1.0

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2010 09:11 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those shots are great! No rounded corners.

Tonight, watched my recent purchases:
Gymnasium Jim (1922, Thunderbird print)
This film is mysterious, not much about it on the internet.
Definitely worth my curiosity. A lot of silly slapstick,
but with some impressive high-budget action near the end
with trains and cars.
The Playhouse (1921 Buster Keaton, Niles print)
Disappointing print. Blurry and too contrasty/overexposed -
faces often look overexposed so you can't see their
expressions. In a couple of scenes showing writing on white
paper, you can't read the writing. I don't know if Niles had
a bad source or what, but my three Blackhawk prints of
Keaton films are great.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 02:50 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Rectimascop lens is simply FANTASTIC.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 04, 2010 06:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, Gian, fantastic screenshots.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 12:25 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturdaynight

1x400ft Winnie de Poeh highlights.

3x600ft The rescuers Down under

-
 -
 -

Sorry for the colors,but it was made with my phone [Wink]

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 02:49 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Jeroen!

I'm sure the colours are better the ones shown here! [Wink]
Again my compliments to have finally found one of my still missing features... [Frown]
Happy Easter!

Ciao,
Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done, Jeroen.
Thanks a lot, Jean [Wink] !

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 03:31 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian!

great pictures as usual! Very nice colours!!!

Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 04:34 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Flavio.
Hope you had a great Easter day.
Ciao [Wink] .

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 04:52 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tommorowevening i watch it for the second time then i make good pics ok?good reason to watch it! [Wink]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2010 04:59 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely, Jeroen.
Ciao. [Wink]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2010 01:54 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John...Gymnasium Jim is a pretty typical Bevan 2 reeler made for Mack Sennet, and one of the more often retitled, edited, re-released titles on 8mm...I have had complete copies, incomplete copies, and last year sold a couple of separate versions that basically made up the whole thing....one part is retitled Honest Horace by aap.

As for niles, to be honest I have yet to find a niles release that is superior. Usually they are of inferior quality and sometimes they even duped off of other companies' prints...I have some 16mm niles releases of Griffith shorts that are literally duped from the Blackhawk prints.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 05, 2010 05:05 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday night's screening :
"SOUTHERN COMFORT", Walter Hill's excellent anti-military survival flick.

[ November 06, 2010, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2010 06:45 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was all super 8,The Fog 600ft,Blues Brothers 2x400ft and Smokey and the Bandit 2 2x400ft,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2010 07:55 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, thanks for the info on Gymnasium Jim. Mine is 200 ft, which would make it a one-reeler if it was complete. Now that I know half of it is missing, that explains the confusing plot. It is a nice clear print, and I like having that action footage near the end anyway.

Now that you mention it, my Niles print of "The Playhouse" looks like it was duped from a Regular-8 print. It's that un-clear. I would not show it to any audience, unfortunately.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC