8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 76)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2010 06:45 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks James [Big Grin] .
And yes, that E.T. is a German print.
Ciao!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2010 12:01 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched an SP print of The Wanderers and an eastman print with surprisingly good color of 7th Voyage of Sinbad.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2010 01:53 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well as part of my ongoing spring cleaning I pulled out an uber rare 16mm print prior to putting it up on ebay....PAGLIACCI (1948)This is actually my only Italian movie in Italian but because it is essentially a visualized opera, rather than a talkie it never even phased me. OK what do you get when put an emerging Mario Bava behind the camera and a 21 year old Gina Lollobrigida in front? Brilliance!! The story is a creepy tragedy involving 3 men all in love with Gina and it stars one of the greatest of the Italian baritones in Tito Gobbi (the only one who does his own singing in the film)..This print is the full Italian version with the descriptive introduction that sets up the whole story.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2010 01:41 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This afternoon I watched a few super 8 prints prior to the Laker game....First an ecological horror film paired up with ocean catastrophe. The Prophecy (1979) 1 x 400ft marketing films about a mutant killer bear that is created by a corporations irresponsible behavior, and The Poseidon Adventure (1972) 1 x 200ft Ken films.....The feature for the day was a virtually forgotten early British sound about the Italian quarter of London. It is very rough around the edges but that leads to its charm (ala the films of Lionel Rogosin) Greek Street (1930) 3 x 400 sepia on color stock Thunderbird sadly very blown out and dupey.

-

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2010 03:57 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic shots, Dino! [Wink]

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2010 05:04 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two rare silent classics: ASSUNDA SPINA (Francesca Bertini,Gustavo Serena)- 1914 with Francesca Bertini
LA CHUTE DE LA MAISON D'USHER (Jean Epstein)- 1928.
Both std 8 Bouchard prints.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2010 05:04 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two rare silent classics: ASSUNDA SPINA (Francesca Bertini,Gustavo Serena)- 1914 with Francesca Bertini
LA CHUTE DE LA MAISON D'USHER (Jean Epstein)- 1928.
Both std 8 Bouchard prints.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2010 12:45 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis I am absolutely in awe! [Eek!] I can only imagine how beautiful it is to watch Assunta Spina on 8mm....Have you seen the lovely Diva Dolorosa film with its footage of Bertini?

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2010 03:57 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What surprises me most,is that the acting is restrained and not overly theatrical as one would think.The same goes for two other Italian earlies I acquired recently, SPARTACUS and THE LAST DAYS OF POMPEII.I had seen ASSUNDA SPINA at a special showing years back,in a lovely 35 mm tinted print.This Bouchard print is very good,a copy of a restoration done in 1952. She plays a strong positive woman and not the usual innocent angelic waif and while all men fall for her,she is not overly beautiful,something that adds to the "realism" of the film Unfortunately, I have never seen any other of her films.
Also,I do remember that I still owe you reviews of the four Walter Forde two reelers. My problem is just to sit down and write them !!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2010 04:59 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11th June 2010, Friday night.

REAR WINDOW (1954) by Hitchcock on super 8. German print on 6*600ft reels, acetate stock.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2010 06:08 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian...nice shots of Rear Window!

I'm so jealous!! [Smile]

Bill

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2010 06:11 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be, Bill [Wink] .
Thanks a lot. I love this movie!

--------------------

Oscar Iniesta
Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2010 09:01 PM      Profile for Oscar Iniesta   Email Oscar Iniesta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I love it too. A huge set, with cars and a Bus passing behind it, in a "street" behind the building. A whole film just watching the same theatre and nowadays ones are full of everything and most of them are boring. Thatīs why this is a classic.

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2010 05:27 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what settings are you using on your camera Gian?

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2010 10:07 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,

really great print !
I have a copy of it, too and the quality is amazing!

At Wednesday I will get a copy of E.T.,too [Big Grin]
It is the same as your #2 [Wink]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2010 09:40 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
23rd June 2010, Wednesday.

16mm show with Disney's TRON by Steven Lisberger (1982).
Pan & Scan print on Eastman LPP.
Great movie and fun.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo 16CL; Isco 1,3

--------------------

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2010 08:47 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots on Tron.

As it happens, the first time I ever saw Tron was on 16mm, back in 1982 when that was still the norm for college campus screenings. Young people will never know the fun of real movie screenings.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 27, 2010 07:08 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a number of recent purchases from Barry Attwood. All were very good quality, especially the Walton digest of Kidnapped starring Michael Caine. What a gorgeous scope print!

-

-

-

-

Thank you Barry!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2010 01:08 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great quality indeed, Doug!

Wayne, a little hard to expalain how to set the camera (maybe Doug or Dino can do it better than me, simply because of my 'English' limits [Wink] ).
Ciao.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2010 08:56 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
30th June 2010
Super 8 show with Disney's TREASURE ISLAND (L'isola del tesoro) , 1950.

Fair Italian print on 6*600ft reels, Eastman stock.
Fade and fun.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200; Elmo 1,1

--------------------

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2010 09:00 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charley Varrick Super 8mm

U8 Release

1 X 400ft reel Digest

An action filled film,not quite to my taste,but still enjoyed it all the same.

I only have a web-cam so color seems to change,but it still gives a good idea of how well it looked.
 -
 -
ELMO ST1200 M+O,F:1.1

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2010 08:29 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Showboat", the Derann feature. Stunning color; there in nothing like watching beautiful three strip technicolor on film.

Followed with "The Yellow Rose of Texas" a Roy Rogers western with a showboat theme; also from Derann it is Black and White on color film stock.

Should have watched "Steamboat Willie" with it to follow the theme.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joseph Banfield
Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2010 10:31 AM      Profile for Joseph Banfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched:

"Seven Chances" (1925) with Buster Keaton on 3x 400' reels released by Perry's Movies. That chase scene with all those women in wedding dresses still make me laugh and that famous scene at the end with all the rocks tumbling down the hill is superb...a real crowd pleaser this film is!

"The Sting" (1973) on 2x 400' reels.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 09, 2010 03:42 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The wonderful ON THE TOWN, Gene Kelly and Stanley Donen's first, preceded by Tom and Jerry in MOUSE IN MANHATTAN.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2010 04:26 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night on super 8 I showed some great black cinema from the 30's and 40's. Some great music and atmosphere from the Cotton Club scene of that era.

Here are some highlights-

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

to be continued......

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC