Wolverine-Hawkeye Telecine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is the one I have Kamel.
    All those speeds are possible. The main issues is how to tell the MSP that by using the switches. We only have speed and rewind inputs. Rewind is used for rewind and capstan. Speed is used to select the slow and fast speed so I thought to also use the slow speed for HDR and high speed - NO HDR. The turbo is not connected to the MSP so we cannot use that.

Comment

• Managed to get he camera working. This is the model:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3KRVLQ/
      As suspected the shading is very pronounced with the 16mm lens. There is a pinkish area in the center that becomes greenish towards the edges. Will share the screen shot tomorrow.

Comment

• Translate and print the speed chart Kamel! It should be glued to the Hawkeye's casing.

So from memory of the earlier conversations, Mattias is using AVIsynth for sharpening & denoise, and Enfuse for HDR. I thought these were command line functions.

I found AVIsynth needs to be run "inside" a video player or editor. So I won't list all the apps I tried, the problem was getting the plugin recognized.

OR does AVIsynth run Virtualdub? Who's on first!

Tomorrow will be another day of searching Youtube tutorials. Not having luck finding the Virtualdub + Avisynth installation combo. I have both installed, I don't think they can see each other.

Comment

• Thanks Stan and David,

Stan,
          OK for the camera so it's not a good choice for hawkeye as you suspected (e-con).
          For the FW, maybe have 2 MSP (with hdr and without hdr), but it's less practical.
          I only use slow speeds because I prefer quality and maybe someday towards 4K if possible.

David,
          I use Film9 (virtualDub), transfer studio (virtualDub) and Davinci Resolve.

Aha ! Yes, it has become complicated with the switches! the Stan's switches chart is printed in 3D!
          Especially since I am going to add additional switches for functions like an additional fan (my camera gets very hot).

But I really love all these improvements.
          Last edited by Kamel Ikhlef; September 25, 2020, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• David, this is how I use it:
            http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page

Click on the first script and try it and make sure that it works. I use http://avisynth.nl/index.php/VirtualDubMod
            to run the script. Essentially you open the script as just another video file.

Once you have that running, you can get Video Fred's scripts.
            https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144271
            See the download link there.

That download has several scripts. I have my version and can share it with you. It has lots of filters in it and you can pick and select
            what you need. I can share my version if needed.

Note: You can also run some of these filters in VirtualDub hrough a pull down menu.

Matias and Bruce can also pitch in here.

Kamel, I can create a custom FW for you if necessary. Maybe we leave capstan on and use the rewind for additional speed selection.

Comment

• Thank you Stan,
              The capstan is very important and even essential for me, because I have a lot of damaged films...
              ... And since the beginning of this adventure this is what I was looking for in priority,
              with the highest possible scan quality !...

I even thought of a laser scanning system so as not to catch the perforations of the film.

But, I am not competent enough in this area.
              I think this is not possible on hawkeye because of the mechanical design of the original wolverine.

BTW: I just received the small 25mm micrometer.
              I will think about doing a test outside the hawkeye already
              (I have to design a new 3D support for Test).

Comment

• Since you will have capstan motor then there is no need to control it via the rewind switch. You can still control the motor by inserting a switch in the white (gray) wire. If you turn it off using that, then the monitor will give an alert but will not try to pull the film. If you turn it on then you will get an alert and the motor will try to pull the film every 10 seconds until the film starts running.

Comment

• Here are AR1335 test results:
                  Setup:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200925_132101.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	17413

Gray image - shading visible:

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	17414

Capture from film - ping center greenish boundary:

Name:	test4.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	17416

I will return the camera back and try the 2MP one.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by David Brown View Post
                    Translate and print the speed chart Kamel! It should be glued to the Hawkeye's casing.

So from memory of the earlier conversations, Mattias is using AVIsynth for sharpening & denoise, and Enfuse for HDR. I thought these were command line functions.

I found AVIsynth needs to be run "inside" a video player or editor. So I won't list all the apps I tried, the problem was getting the plugin recognized.

OR does AVIsynth run Virtualdub? Who's on first!

Tomorrow will be another day of searching Youtube tutorials. Not having luck finding the Virtualdub + Avisynth installation combo. I have both installed, I don't think they can see each other.
                    Hi i use this Avisynth https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172124 and i install option 4 for 32bit avisynth in this Picture and i think for 64 bit i install option 6 Avisynth+ 64bit
                    but i use most 32bit regular "not Plus" Avisynth most plugins work on it
                    you can have one 32bit version avisynth and one 64bit version installed at the same time on the computer
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Avisynth_install.png Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	17427

but before you run the setavs.cmd file you have to edit it here is example my setavs.cmd
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	avisynth_config.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	17428

and i use AvsPmod to edit Avisynth scripts files .avs and i use it to run them to you can get it from here https://www.videohelp.com/software/AvsP

AvsPmod in setting add a External Player example "media player classic" i use ffplay it comes with ffmpeg here is a picture

and then you can run the External Player if you click F6 button
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Avps.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	17429

my latest hdr scans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gisCXzN4Eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BejqWL9kb8

does scans does have some flicker but i have now fix that the flicker was only on the low exposure

i did noticed that it was better to do the camera and led flash in this order for Low Exposure

Led On some delay to get histogram to show max lumen then i know the Led lamp can not get brighter than this then Led Off and then Delay before the Low Exposure camera capture

and for High Exposure i do the camera and led flash in this order

Led On some delay to get histogram to show max lumen then i know the Led lamp can not get brighter than this then camera capture and then some Delay and then Led Off

all that i do in Arduino script in IC Capture software i have the same Exposure time always that i did adjust for the High Exposure only

in the future im sure im going to get a bigger watt Led lamp i have now 6watt i did see there is 15watt then i can do faster exposure i know my camera works better the faster the exposure is and then of course i can run the motor faster = scan faster the film more FPS

faster exposure is good for sharpness to if the scanner shake a lot
                    Last edited by Mattias Norberg; September 25, 2020, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• Long day! The best advice on Virtualdub from Stan was this: "Essentially you open the script as just another video file." YES, I had missed that!!

It's just not intuitive. I thought I should open the video I want to adjust, then run the script, for Avisynth. Well they are different apps that do work together, shouldn't be obvious!

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 222913.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	17444

I'm lazy, I wanted to see some results before investing the research and study. I did drop the AVIsynth for a while and put time into Virtualdub. It has a lot of filters and the double display is useful. StudioTransfert is interesting. Two windows onscreen VD and ST. They both control the video from either window. ST has real time controls and helpful descriptions. I think that VD is doing all the processing work.

Deshaker completely removed the jitter caused by Hawkeye. I'll be testing more of that. IT is not included in VD. It was easy to find online, don't have the link.

Thank you Mattias for the info above. I'll be returning to AVIsynth next. I'll go back to Avisynth+. I would naturally opt for 64bit files and it is both. I thought it would be automatic, I see a choice above. I crashed when it reported a 32bit dll would not load in the 64bit app.
                      Is it better to run 32bit, are there less 64bit dlls out there?

I'll make this a quick question. I've hammered my way down to the 3rd line in "Denoise Avisynth.avs" Here is the txt version, attached so as not to add syntax errors. Denoise Avisynth.txt

The first line crashed because I was missing support files.
                      The second line crashed because I was not using a "MT" version of AS. Multithreading.

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 214430.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	17446
                      The third line (4) is still crashing, I'm not sure why. I seems ok. Thoughts?

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 213624.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	17447 my files: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 213456.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	17448

I just realized there is only 1 f in tif. #$@$%@%@. If that's not the problem......tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Brown View Post
                        Long day! The best advice on Virtualdub from Stan was this: "Essentially you open the script as just another video file." YES, I had missed that!!

It's just not intuitive. I thought I should open the video I want to adjust, then run the script, for Avisynth. Well they are different apps that do work together, shouldn't be obvious!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 222913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	17444

I'm lazy, I wanted to see some results before investing the research and study. I did drop the AVIsynth for a while and put time into Virtualdub. It has a lot of filters and the double display is useful. StudioTransfert is interesting. Two windows onscreen VD and ST. They both control the video from either window. ST has real time controls and helpful descriptions. I think that VD is doing all the processing work.

Deshaker completely removed the jitter caused by Hawkeye. I'll be testing more of that. IT is not included in VD. It was easy to find online, don't have the link.

Thank you Mattias for the info above. I'll be returning to AVIsynth next. I'll go back to Avisynth+. I would naturally opt for 64bit files and it is both. I thought it would be automatic, I see a choice above. I crashed when it reported a 32bit dll would not load in the 64bit app.
                        Is it better to run 32bit, are there less 64bit dlls out there?

I'll make this a quick question. I've hammered my way down to the 3rd line in "Denoise Avisynth.avs" Here is the txt version, attached so as not to add syntax errors. [ATTACH]n17445[/ATTACH]

The first line crashed because I was missing support files.
                        The second line crashed because I was not using a "MT" version of AS. Multithreading.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 214430.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	17446
                        The third line (4) is still crashing, I'm not sure why. I seems ok. Thoughts?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 213624.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	17447 my files: Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-09-25 213456.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	17448

I just realized there is only 1 f in tif. #$@$%@%@. If that's not the problem......tomorrow.
                        Hi it looks right the spelling of .tiff or .tif that is a problem of course try if you can run it without the denoise(a)

change

return denoise(a)

to

return a

then it should only play the image sequence clip if that works then there is some plugins that denoise() function use that you do not have yet or some error in the code of denoise() function

you can test to delete line 1 and 2 or disable does lines with # in front of the line

the 2 first lines is for Avisynth MT version = Multithreading version only i guess you know that already

i could zip down my all avisynth 32bit plugins or the whole AvisynthRepository folder and send it or upload it to google drive

i think denoise() function only works with 32 bit regular Avisynth or Avisynth MT it does not work with Avisynth+ 32bit or 64bit it's because some of the plugins denoise() function use is so old
                        Last edited by Mattias Norberg; September 26, 2020, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• "J61 and J62 will give you a short 3.3V sync pulse and you can power the sync LED from there. The pulse is very short and the LED flash may be visible.
                          You can extend the pulse duration in MSP but not too long because this could impact the camera operation.
                          Another alternative is to use a pulse extender."
                          Stan, You advised me of an alternative for a pulse extender. I searched the internet to find this type of component and I did not find it. Do you have any advice? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Here is a simple cct Kamel:
                            https://konaungelectronicdesign.blog...-timer-ic.html

Comment

• OK Stan,
                              Thanks a lot. I thought there was a ready-to-solder component.

Comment

• Maybe the easiest thing is to extend the pulse duration in MSP and then drive the LED with a transistor. Do you plan to get the MSP programmer?

Comment

Working...
                                X