What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post

I'm sure the producers were told that if the NUN had the guitar they would have been sued. In the end the guitar was only borrowed from the nun IIRC.
    Funny I thought that too. Had to do a double take.

Comment

• Graham, I have always found Panasonic equipment to be of very high quality. I would be interested to know how you think it compares to your Epson. Ken Finch.

Comment

• Wolf Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer , Christopher Plummer and James Spader. Superb supernatural werewolf movie with a great cast of brilliant actors. Well made movie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	95531713-5860-424D-8A61-12097BD1744D.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	76775

Comment

• Agreed, plus our own Shorty Caruso appears in this film!

Comment

• Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
            Agreed, plus our own Shorty Caruso appears in this film!
            Really any details.

Comment

• I hope Shorty will discuss his experience......

Comment

• Hi Ken

The Panasonic I use is the PT-AX200E if I remember right its not the full HD compared with the Epson EH-TW5600 projector, however I think the Panasonic has the edge on the Epson, with a slightly better color reproduction. A black and white image on the Panasonic also looks a bit better as well.

In saying that both projectors are really very good, the Epson can give the full HD which has the edge over the Panasonic in that way. I think these days if anybody was thinking of buying one, a 4K projector is what to go for. I myself won't be going 4K, although I would like to see it in action, but for me at my age the Epson will see me out. One factor with this little Epson is 3D projection, its very impressive. Ken I think the bottom line, is that if you are happy with your Panasonic I would stick to it for the time being, they are good

Comment

• Graham. My projector is an Epson EH-TW3200. It replaced an Epson EMP 51 when its lamp blew and the replacement cost was about half the price of buying a new upgraded projector with a much longer lamp life! Projector prices have dropped considerably over the years. My first one purchased when they first came out was a little Sony LCD model with a 50 watt halogen lamp. It was the shape of a milk saucepan and cost £1,000! I was only able to buy it because I had accepted voluntary redundancy deal. Probably one of the best decisions of my life. Ken Finch😊

Comment

• I agree with you about the voluntary redundancy, I did the same. Not sure about the projector if it was the same as the one I saw at an exhibition.

Comment

• He was in ‘Wolf’ in what role? He is not listed in the full cast on IMDb. Unless he was in the filming crew.

Comment

• We watched "The Black Death" again, starring Sean Bean. Though only a few years old, this is the kind of gothic horror that Hammer was so good with 60 years ago.

Comment

• Since I brought it up, I'll answer Phil's question. Shorty is in a scene in Wolf as a background actor. If I remember correctly, it's in a restaurant sequence and he is clearly visible for a bit of time, unlike my big scene as a cameraman in the 2010 film "Fair Game" where I can be glimpsed for all of a second or two.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330092.jpg Views:	0 Size:	217.7 KB ID:	76928
                            Now this was a interesting blu-ray find last week at my favorite second hand shop "All Is Lost" I had never heard of this film before and last Friday night I screened it using the Panasonic VP. I always have liked Robert Redford films, just recent "The Great Waldo Pepper" All Is Lost is the first time I watched a film with very little dialogue, and I do mean very little. I will link the trailer below. In the trailer he gives of a SOS and believe me for almost 2 hours that's it apart from the use of the "F" word, and that is only said once, nothing else is spoken. Another thing I have never come across before and that was during the end credits under "Cast" Only one name comes up guess who , and that's it for the cast

I enjoyed "All Is Lost" and if you are looking to watch something different then this is the one, highly recommend it.

Saturday Night at the movies screening was "The Untouchables" an excellent movie, excellent transfer with Dolby Digital sound which includes a rear EX channel if your amp can do it and of coarse have rear speakers. Later over the weekend I had a listen to the excellent CD soundtrack as well. .
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330093.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.4 KB ID:	76929
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330105.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	76930
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330100.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.0 KB ID:	76931
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	76932
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1330108.jpg Views:	0 Size:	149.4 KB ID:	76933

Last edited by Graham Ritchie; March 19, 2023, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Graham, if you enjoyed All Is Lost, you might also enjoy The Grey.

The Grey is a 2011 survival film co-written, produced and directed by Joe Carnahan and starring Liam Neeson, Frank Grillo, Dallas Roberts, Joe Anderson, Nonso Anozie, and Dermot Mulroney. It is based on the short story "Ghost Walker" by Ian MacKenzie Jeffers, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Carnahan. The story follows a number of oil-men stranded in Alaska after a plane crash, who must wage a war against multiple packs of Canadian grey wolves, stalking them during the mercilessly cold weather.
                              Liam Neeson is the star. Think of the supporting cast as "Redshirts".*

Redshirt is a term used by fans and staff of Star Trek to refer partially to the characters who wear red Starfleet uniforms, and mainly to refer to those characters who are expendable, and quite often killed, sometimes in great numbers, often security guards. They are the unlucky victims of attacks and sicknesses.

Comment

• And that "red shirt = expendable" was sent up by Galaxy Quest.

Comment

Working...
                                X