No announcement yet.

What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have just finished screening “To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything” for my wife’s W. I. Friends in my home cinema on dvd via my Epsom vp. Patrick Swayze as a drag queen!! One of his lesser known films. It was very amusing. The ladies loved it. Ken Finch.

Comment

• We went to a swap meet on Saturday, its mostly about cars, home made jam that type of thing but one thing I was not interested in, was any stall that had old LPs DVDs /Blu-rays. I was really interested in other things, anyway I did weaken and had a look at the boxes and boxes of blu-ray titles ranging in price from $1 to $5 dollars in one stall holder.

I did pick one out, the disc was in excellent condition called "Signs" tonight I projected that blu-ray using my much older, but still good Panasonic VP. Both picture and Dolby Digital 5:1 was really excellent. If I had rear speakers I could have made use of the extra EX channel.

So for a $5 dollar movie, I was really impressed with "Signs" I do have the 35mm trailer of it on one of my trailer reels, but adding a 35mm feature as well would be really nice as well . anyway screen shots from the blu-ray taken tonight.

You can't ask for more than a good nights entertainment and this blu-ray of "Signs" certainly delivers
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1300959.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.2 KB ID:	66809
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1300966.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	66810
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1300973.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	66811
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1300976.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	66813
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1300977.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	66814
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1300984.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	66815

Comment

• Classic heist movie. Heat with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. Longer director cut a 2 hours 50 minutes but honestly didn’t notice much difference. Great print and could turn up volume to hear what De Niro is mumbling about at quieter moments Followed by Snow White at 85 years young. Again Great stunning print. Talk about a change of pace. Hi Ho Click image for larger version  Name:	9EF945BD-6C19-44EE-A8DC-95331840F8E7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.8 KB ID:	66825 Click image for larger version  Name:	14C32DD7-FC20-43F7-AA2E-0FBB49D0D5F4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	66826

Comment

• Another blast from the past with this easy going family, and popular 1980s film.

PS. Good 16mm Scope prints of this title are still sought after.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1300913.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	66904

Name:	P1300892.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	66905

Name:	P1300894.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	66906

Name:	P1300896.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	66907

Name:	P1300910.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	66908

Comment

• Just watched this one and it is very good, excellent picture and sound. Not sure if here or the "Star Wars Extravaganza" topic is the best place for it .

Name:	P1300986.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	66941

Comment

• The Amazing Spiderman II. Too many super villains, no Daily Bugle/J Jonah Jameson ranks against him or Peter's first girlfriend (or almost) Betty frpm there, plot holes and why is everything in this new series of films centered on Ozcorp? I really think that trying to put the whole of New York's electricity grid back in service in one step would just crash it again, it would have to be done in stages as generators would have gone to idle mode to preserve them without a load. The death of Gwen at the end seemed just to get some sadness back into Peter's life. A fast paced digital SFX feast that works in a comic book but not so well on screen.

Comment

• Winner of 6 Academy awards including best picture "The Hurt Locker" blu-ray last night using the Panasonic VP.

There is one scene after his tour where he is home in the supermarket, and has to pick out a breakfast cereal, the more he looks at the choice the more he cant make up his mind and the frustration that follows. Its almost as if he has some sort a brain lock. For someone who's job is disarming bombs, with the need to make instant decisions, this shows the effects of his previous tour, over what should be a simple thing to choose at the supermarket. It also shows how the human mind can work in strange ways.

Quite scary really, good movie.

Name:	m2duGsKjBOl3BB8uFOTnRUzdEhg.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	67067

Comment

• Tonight is Saturday night, it was a mix of Super8 film and blu-ray. Although I don't usually watch the same blu-ray title so soon the same week, my better half wanted to watch it, so we did I have to admit, it did not take much to persuade me to watch it again.

Name:	P1300988.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	67134

Name:	P1300989.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	67135

Name:	P1300996.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	67136

Comment

• Its been a while since I watched this blu-ray, but tonight being a Super 8 film and digital evening, thought I would screen "The Mask Of Zorro" 1998. Its action all the way for the full 2hrs 15minutes of it. Both picture and sound DTS 5:1 is excellent, highly recommend this one, good nights entertainment .

Comment

• Dr cyclops excellent

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DA010DA5-F2EA-4641-A893-35DFC24008E9.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	67966
                        Originally posted by Edward Nicielnik View Post
                        Dr cyclops excellent
                        Superb Blu ray with beautiful transfer. Ironic as all film copies were absolutely chronic.

Comment

• The Omen trilogy. Number 2 is my favourite. The third instalment with Sam “Wooden top” Neill is awful. Funny to think Charlton Heston and Dick Van Dyke were considered for Gregory Peck role.

Name:	B6F2C655-204D-421B-9A3B-D66332580C1A.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	67968

Comment

• Mike also on some Blu ray Cult Of The Cobra 1955 b&w David Janssen Richard Long Ma and Pa oldest Son Marshall Thompson Daktari

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Nicielnik View Post
                              Mike also on some Blu ray Cult Of The Cobra 1955 b&w David Janssen Richard Long Ma and Pa oldest Son Marshall Thompson Daktari
                              Edward, I remember that one from years ago. Worth checking out . See it on a double bill with Dr Cylops.

Comment

• Another title I am searching for is Fiend without a Face with Marshall Thompson. Its available on DVD which isn’t bad but hasn’t progressed to Blu ray. Another cinematic memory from 8mm and 16mm. The attacking 🧠 brains scene makes it a classic.

Name:	F82B74BD-3D06-4263-8F34-28C107AF3B39.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	67983

Comment

Working...
                                X