No announcement yet.

Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Melvin. Had the pleasure in my your doing a few shows with Roy Roland Arthur's double in a few films including OMR Meets the Vampire a sweet guy. He was the exact double on stage as well.

Had a break out day turning back the clock with some friends at a steam railway TEDDY BEAR PICNIC for the afternoon. Nice to see all the children enjoying it all and we all took ours as well mine being 60 years of age just about.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Teddy.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	41602

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	1F323DF9-29B0-4CD6-AE74-E641DE765697.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	42035
      Time for some homemade Apple Cider to kick off Fall!!

Comment

• Brilliant Lincoln

Today after getting our second Pfizer vaccine at the local marae last week, and I must add the folk at the marae were great, we got out our wee certificates laminated. I think its going to be one of those things we will need to carry on you as proof in the future. The last time I had to carry proof of a vaccination, was a smallpox certificate inside my passport for boarding the old Greek ship "Australis" for the 12000 mile journey to New Zealand, way back in June 1973. Without that certificate you could be denied boarding as it was a must for ship travel back then. With the smallpox the Greek line did advise you get the jab a least a few weeks before travel, just in case you had a reaction. You didn't want to get sick with some kind of vaccine reaction on that old tub that's for sure.

Name:	P1200793.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	42219

Name:	P1200794.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	42220 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	015BCC27-0A8E-416B-B974-254C8EF9EF2D.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	42297 Click image for larger version  Name:	788C0227-A837-4B6A-ABF0-D3ADB8AE2D3E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	233.0 KB ID:	42296 I had a pair of RadioShack speakers and I would've never thought of this if it weren't for Tuesday, September 11, 2001 but the front grill of the speakers nearly perfectly resembles the façade of those two towers.....

Comment

• Had a new friend come in the mail today for my Super 8 collection Click image for larger version

Name:	F9410DED-FE1E-4F58-BD1B-31E11B5660F6.jpeg
Views:	347
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	42396

Comment

• Lincoln,

He probably wants some of your apple cider!

Comment

• A terrible day Chip which we all remember over here and in our thoughts. Humanity sometimes seems invisible to me.

Interesting how the Super 8 has kept its interest perhaps harping back to the video nasty tape age. My old Betamax shop duplicated tape has seen better days. Good old Barry Wiles who I used to visit every weekend in the 70's had it for rental on 8 and was a worrying watch.
                Doug you sure it wasn't Pivo Hoppy?

Comment

• Garden film night under a harvest moon.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Phillip,

That looks terrific!

Comment

• Watching some classic Jonny Quest this Sunday! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 3.04.01 PM.png
Views:	267
Size:	769.4 KB
ID:	42827 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 3.07.34 PM.png
Views:	252
Size:	994.4 KB
ID:	42828 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 3.04.42 PM.png
Views:	265
Size:	1,014.1 KB
ID:	42829

Comment

• Having a clean out todaywhen I came across my old pre-flight check list I used to keep in my top pocket, from those long ago days on aircraft. The company only ever had one of us on the morning roster, so you made a point of "never" sleeping in, getting out to the hanger in the wee hours when it seemed the rest of the world was still asleep, you were on your own .

We allowed 20 minutes to do the pre-flight list, for around each the three to four aircraft on the gates or in the hanger. I cant imagine doing any of that now that's for sure. After connecting external power etc it was just a matter of waiting for the pilots to arrive to give you the fuel figures, once everything was done and you signed the paperwork. The aircraft were soon on there merry way, it was then, up to the terminal for a morning cooked breakfast, which I always looked forward to, then after it was back to the grind ah! memories

It was soon out with the old and in with the new, I don't have the ATR check list anymore, but one thing that never changed were the yummy cooked breakfast.

Name:	work-9.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	42914
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	P1200898.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.4 KB ID:	42912
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	P1200897.JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	42913
                        Last edited by Graham Ritchie; September 20, 2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Years ago when you used to be able to buy souvenir 35mm slides I had some from well over 40 years ago that had faded. I did manage to save some by getting them copied and color corrected in later years.

I was going through a few of late, when I took this particular one of "Banavie Station" in Scotland outside, aimed it to the sky with clouds passing, to my surprise the light shining through the slide gave the impression that the sun in parts was braking through onto the station platform. The effect was such that I thought I should take a photo of it, shown below.

I should add that in the distance is "Ben Nevis" and just down from there is "Fort William", where to this day my brothers family are spread around. That area once had the reputation, as being the wettest in the UK, not sure if it still is, anyway here is that slide.

Note the little Robin on the edge of the platform...

Name:	P1070722.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	43036
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	P1100170.JPG Views:	0 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	43035
                          Last edited by Graham Ritchie; September 24, 2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• In case someone doesn't know...The British singer Ed Sheeran will be in Brussels next year. All the tickets were sold out in no time but this mural was painted in the centrum of Brussels.

Name:	IMG_20210930_125323.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	43439

Comment

• Yesterday afternoon loading one of my favorite films WALL-E

Today I just had to snap the cherry blossom trees as they don't bloom for very long while out for a walk

Name:	P1210040.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	43808

Name:	P1210045.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	43809

Name:	P1210048.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	43810

Name:	P1210049.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	43811

Comment

• Hi Graham,

I was thinking "Cherry Blossoms bloom in the Spring."

...and then I did the math: right on time!

Six months from now they'll put on quite a show down in Washington DC.

I am myself in one of those in-between times of the year: lawnmower basically done, snow blower still a while to wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X