No announcement yet.

Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a sad day for the old nostalgia memory box. The Ambassador Hotel in Blackpool UK (next to the old Hilton) had become structurally unsafe poised on the sea front having been boarded up for many years. It was a popular hotel back in its day having many floors and many entertainers used it being up away from the town center.

Back in the day I used to give Super 8 film shows in its ballroom which had a perfect blackout projecting cartoons for the families and three times a year projected Derann British YAY comedy films in the early evening on my Eumig 807D sound projector Still working by the way! Around 9pm we made our way up to the bar on the 2nd floor (Left in the picture) and I would play the Hammond organ for a couple of hours all having a jolly good time I may say.

Had to go over and say goodbye as did a line of people watching the demolition most having a story to tell, socially distanced of course.

Those were definitely the good old days...Click image for larger version  Name:	LM Ambassador.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.3 KB ID:	21486

Upside: My last visit the owners allowed me to film the interior with my Sankyo S8 sound camera giving a live commentary as we filmed. Nice to have a visual memory especially of that Hammond Organ MADE IN THE USA!

Comment

• Comment

• We had our first significant shovelful today. I moved some outdoor plants(snapdragons for those interested) back a few feet the other day into the covered breezeway, and thought the contrast here is cool!
        I really like the snow when it is beautiful and fluffy on the trees and not too cold outside. Not complaining one bit!
        Stay safe and warm all!
        strange contrast

Comment

• An old married couple no sooner hit the pillows when the old man passes gas and says, 'Seven Points.'

His wife rolls over and says, 'What in the world was that?'

The old man replied, 'its fart football.'

A few minutes later his wife lets one go and says, 'Touchdown, tie score...'

After about five minutes the old man lets another one go and says, 'Aha. I'm ahead 14 to 7.'

Not to be outdone the wife rips out another one and says, 'Touchdown, tie score.'

Five seconds go by and she lets out a little squeaker and says, 'Field goal, I lead 17 to 14.'

Now the pressure is on for the old man.
          He refuses to get beaten by a woman, so he strains real hard.

Since defeat is totally unacceptable, he gives it everything he's got, and accidentally poops in the bed.

The wife says, 'What the hell was that?'

The old man says, 'Half time, switch sides
          😂

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Changing of the Guard.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	22214

The Changing of the Guard

Well...

It's that time of the year once again: the Mower goes away, and the Blower steps up to the plate.

I actually like Winter, but I'll have to say there's a certain serenity that cutting grass gives that having a mist of snow blowing back at you never provides!
            Last edited by Steve Klare; December 03, 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Chip,

Just curious....since the topic is Your Today in Pictures, have you considered posting about something that happened to you or your neighborhood? I know I'd be interested!

A few days ago the Metropolitan Museum of Art (for the first time ever) projected an exhibit onto its exterior. James Nares's Street (2011) was digitally shown on the Museum's south-facing wall in Central Park.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3258.JPG Views:	0 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	22217

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3267.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.2 KB ID:	22216

Comment

• Filming the UK Blackpool Illuminations in Super 8 Scope with a umbrella in one hand and the tripod in the other but such a fun night.

The Tower lights transitioned to different colors very impressive. They are to be on until 3rd January 2021 from 5pm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blacky2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	22634Click image for larger version  Name:	Blacky1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	22635

Comment

• Thats great Lee. Can I ask what filmstock you used? I haven't filmed myself for quite a while.

Graham S

Comment

• Why certainly Ollie

64T fresh from the freezer. Back in 1975 it was Kodachrome 40 of course the last time I filmed them with Dad.

Comment

• During warmer weather, Central Park's Conservatory Water is full of remote control wind powered model sailboats. Right now it's sad to see the basin full of.....leaves.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3090CP2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	23001
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3316CP1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	204.1 KB ID:	23002

Comment

• Doug

It looks like its been drained, if so why do they do that and not continue to use it in the winter?

Today we went to get some fruit etc at our local "Vegeland" took a photo of there "real fruit" Boysenberry ice cream, Yvonne bought me for being good

PS...Must be an age thing but I remember one hot summers day, must have been back around 1995-96 when I worked for a airline. Anyway after starting around 3.30am in the morning I was on the roster as tarmac engineer for that week, which was great, as I was out of the hanger in a sole charge position looking after the aircraft as they came and went. It must have been about mid afternoon, and things had got a bit quieter, so I disappeared into the terminal to get a frosty boy milkshake Got back to see an aircraft out, plugged my headset into a ATR72, while the pilots were doing there thing. As I say it was a hot day, and I did know the pilots, anyway as I could hear them go through there checks, I aimed my Frostyboy milkshake towards them, they could see me way out front. I could not help myself, not to interrupt on the headset, and say......"this milkshake is REALLY nice".....that should stir them up I thought, mmmm nothing came back until the engines had started, when Duncan who was the captain called over to his co-pilot, lets run the b.....d over at last I got a bite, well they did not run me over, we used to have each other on...good guys. Those days are now long gone so are those milkshakes

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170071.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	23010
                        Last edited by Graham Ritchie; December 14, 2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Graham,

The basin gets drained for the winter, probably to avoid the pipes freezing up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3320.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	348.8 KB ID:	23056

Comment

• Been photographing our second cinema being built for over a year now delayed due to the thing.

Watched the projectors being unloaded which was interesting out of two lorry's for a 6.5 million pound cinema. My goodness 12 Eumigs would have been more economical.

Click image for larger version

Name:	diglm.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	23071

Comment

• HID150 Eumigs of course!!! 😉

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201215_112350(0)_resized.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	23179

Yesterday we took this photo taken while out shopping at our nearby mall. When it was first put up, I asked the girls at the nearby "Muffin Break", what's with the pink flowers?, that led to an active discussion, as to who liked it, and those that did not. Anyway while I was sitting there looking at this Christmas tree with the pink flowers, I asked the cleaning lady, what's with the pink flowers? It was the mall management idea, and someone had stolen one of the pink flowers

The plot thickens

Comment

Working...
                                X