No announcement yet.

Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some snow today here in the UK. Been snowing none stop all day. Enjoyed watching Stan and Ollie in 'Below Zero' on DVD while the white stuff is falling.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0102 - Copy resized.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	25905

Comment

• Out and about two days ago when I came across this designed in Australia made in China giant tea-rex coffee mug

I could not resist not getting it, however drinking out of something this size might be a bit much

Paul...Although we are community free in NZ of the virus at present, our thoughts are with other countries that are not so fortunate. I agree that in general that all to often an humans, that we take things for granted until something gives us a reality check about our own mortality.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	P1170310.JPG Views:	0 Size:	135.0 KB ID:	26207

Comment

• Like your.mug

Comment

• Nice summer morning, feeding the birds two hours ago.

Name:	P1170399.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	26497

Name:	P1170403.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	26498

Name:	P1170407.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	26499

Name:	P1170409.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	26500

Comment

• A very cold and quiet day in London, snow has muffled the sounds. It has started to thaw already though. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0923.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.9 KB ID:	26725 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0924.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.3 KB ID:	26726 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0929.jpg Views:	0 Size:	340.2 KB ID:	26727

Comment

• 2pm GMT ,just about to have Sunday lunch with a nice dollop of snow to add to the lovely Shropshire scenery.
              John Click image for larger version

Name:	88B60EED-8B19-42B2-BE57-B0B3EC18BD73.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	26729

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	A Winter Worthy February 1st 21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	27351

Well, this seems to be a Winter worthy of the name!

All of this happened since late last night. About the only thing open today is this bird feeder and even there, business is way down! (This feeder usually stands at least another foot off the surface!)

-just for the record, this picture isn't black and white: look to my Neighbors' chimneys for that slight hint of red!

Comment

• This Panda in the US is enjoying it

Comment

• My favourite exercise walk parallel to the railway line

Name:	IMG-20210125-WA0000.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	27358

Comment

• I try to draw most days, so today I drew Columbo!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Lincoln, Peter Falk's never looked so good!

Have you ever drawn any of the Hollywood stars, like Bogart, Cagney, Gable etc...??

Comment

• I’ve not, but that is a wonderful idea!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D201008E-B803-4E36-9EC0-5E7AF7B5186D.png
Views:	181
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	27611I hope this channel doesn’t mind me posting Art I make. If so, I will stop.

Finished up a piece I started last year and got frustrated with. Made a comic cover for the Western Tv show in ONCE UPON A TIME IN...HOLLYWOOD ‘Bounty Law’. Lots of westerns at that time had lots of accompanying comics, so I made my version of the shows comic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That looks really good Lincoln - I can't draw the proverbial 'circle' as the saying goes! 😉

I'm sure your work is fine to post here as the title of the thread implies - the fact that you create your own pictures should be a welcome addition. After all, we can all take pictures with smartphones these days, but how many of us could draw/paint what we can see??

Comment

• I think this is a thread where it's good to be a little creative: Lincoln's pictures more than qualify!

I work with a lot of draftsmen. They all create drawings on computers, but the ones middle-aged and up will be be sitting at a table with me, and skillfully hand sketch what we are talking about. Then they wad it up and throw it out! Inside my head, I'm always saying "Nooo!!!! -at least put it on the refrigerator door for a while!".

-I could be jealous of talent like that!
                                Last edited by Steve Klare; February 04, 2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X