8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 198)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2016 01:02 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Standard 8 continued gloriously on Sunday, with STALINGRAD,a Russian documentary released by Paramount in 1943. Approxsimately one hour long with very good picture and sound (bombs,for the most part !),courtesy of my friend Yanis. Followed by Hitchcock's silent classic, THE LODGER. A most enjoyable weekend!

|  IP: Logged

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2016 04:57 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LITTLE TOOT / SUZY THE BLUE COUPE

A few weeks ago, viewing :

- LITTLE TOOT (Nice Disney short), Adrew Sisters Music , very good animated item (Probably Derann, no fade at all)

- SUZY THE BLUE COUPE (Lovely Disney Short). This is not Derann , but good anyway (JEFF FILM may be, No fade too)

Both recommended

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 02, 2016 06:40 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A super 8 optical film : Le grand blond avec une chaussure noire (The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe), sadly the soundtrack is in English. As many Optical super 8 films, the colours are faded but with a filter, it is well watchable. Although, I encountered some technical problems during the projection, it was a good moment. The film is a box office success from the seventies and there are many well known actors playing in it.

--------------------
Dominique

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2016 06:49 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched a Beatles trailer reel. It had trailers from A Hard Days night, Help, Yellow Submarine, and Let it Be. The colors looked great.

Phil Murat
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2016 04:12 AM      Profile for Phil Murat   Email Phil Murat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BUGSY MALONE ,

A few weeks ago, I was Viewing this very good Alan Parker movie.
This Derann (Rank) print is great.

The funny story combining a charming "Ambiance" will delight everybody.

This Derann print has crossed the age without noticeable fading.....

Highly recommended

-

-

-

These screenshots are not reflecting the sharpness which is , of course, much better that you can see here

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 03, 2016 06:38 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the movie 8mm Forum Notable Lee Mannering is in. He plays ukulele in the band.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 03, 2016 10:43 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a beautiful print Phil. I haven't seen this movie so I'll check it out.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2016 09:52 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I watched Till the Clouds Roll By. It`s an MGM musical with performances from stars such as Judy Garland, Angela Lansbury, and Frank Sinatra.

I have it mounted on 3x1200 ft spools. The source material for my Super 8 print had a lot of wear and scratches along with soft focus but the colors looked decent.

-

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 07, 2016 04:42 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Came across an old 16mm print of "White Mane" a 1953 winner of the Grand Prix at Cannes. The print took a lot of cleaning [Roll Eyes] plus a new leader etc, but in the end the work put in was worth it. Although I did not screen it last night, I did a few weeks ago.
 -
 -
 -

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2016 06:50 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a great find,Graham.I saw the complete film on tv,ages ago ,but have the four reel standard 8 silent Film Office edition which is almost as exellent as the complete feature. I have also acquired the filmbook,full of wonderful photos.
By the man who later made THE RED BALLOON.  -

Alexander Vandeputte
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2016 08:58 AM      Profile for Alexander Vandeputte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Panayotis. Funny, I also have the Film Office edition but on 16mm, silent and double perfs. A great print ! But I wonder why they did not bother to release it complete or at least in a sound version.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2016 11:55 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched both versions of son of Frankenstein 200 & 400 version

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 08, 2016 12:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Jason! I've never seen a good color print of that feature! Good job on that find.

Concerning "Bugsy Malone", I've never seen the Derann magnetic sound print of this until now! Very nice "glow" to the image. Is the color naturally leaning towards that yellowish orange?

I only ask as I have an optical sound feature print of this, and those scenes don't have that color spectrum, but a much more natural color to it.

I wish this website allowed downlaods of thier pics. [Frown]

We watched thr Universal 8 digests of "Smokey and the bandit" (pin sharp), and "Slapshot". Slapshot was interesting, as it had absolutely mint condition color, but even with a perfect print, there were definitely some short sequences in thier negative, that obviously had very bad color grading to them.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 08, 2016 03:46 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Panayotis

That was interesting regarding it being once available on Standard 8 and the film book.

A couple of photos taken that night during projection of "White Mane".."Crin Blanc"
 -
 -

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2016 04:23 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was viewing my latest acquisition for the first time.
"The Lady Vanishes" directed by Alfred Hitchcock which was the Walton 4x 400'version of the 1938 movie.
It is always nice to see a film on the big screen at home for the first time that one has never seen before.
The picture was good,but the sound was a bit too soft for my liking.However,it has passed so will be staying in the collection for now.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2016 04:05 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alex,in the fifties and early sixties Film Office released,in silent standard 8,9-5 and 16,quite a few condensations of french and american features,both original sound and silent ones,in three to six reels. From the mid-sixties on and the coming of super 8 sound,they phazed out most of them,excepting Laurel and Hardy features which were released in (french) sound.
Graham,you may also find LE BALLON ROUGE,in super 8 color sound,although again shortened by approximately 8 minutes.My copy is exellent in both picture and sound. Both films were shown in restored copies several years ago, in a double program. Here is an ad for the rerelease,plus the filmbook for THE RED BALLOON  -  -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 12, 2016 04:03 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1939 version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, mounted on a 1200 ft/360 mt spool. The film has a soundtrack in French :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 23, 2016 05:36 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two westerns with John Wayne : yesterday, La charge héroïque (She Wore A Yellow Ribon), nice colours, and two days ago : (Le massacre de) Fort Apache. Both films are abridget versions in French and are mounted on a 360 mt/1200 ft spool.

--------------------
Dominique

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2016 10:43 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to scale back on my film watching over the summer months this year. But now that the sun is setting early once again I have been pulling out some films.
Monday evening we watched a few shorts. We started with The Great Train Robbery (Tinted and soundtrack)
 -
 -
Then we watched Those Awful Hats (No Pictures)
Next was Felix The Cat, April Maze
 -
And finished it off with Little Black Sambo
 -
Then tonight we watched How To Steal A Million.
 -
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 26, 2016 11:49 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How To Steal A Million....Peter O'toole and Audrey Hepburn....Love that movie [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 27, 2016 11:32 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zechariah ...

Nice print of "Little Black Sambo" ... is that the "Hollyqwood films Exchange" print? Mine has held up really well as well.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2016 12:55 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Janice, I had never seen this movie before I got it on film. I rerecord it from Spanish to English. It is probably my favorite movie I own. Such a good plot and great actors and actresses.
Hey Osi, yeah it isn't too bad. It is a Niles print surprisingly enough. The kids love it and I was glad to find the color/sound version.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 31, 2016 08:54 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday Night:

4x400' Carry on Camping.

-not a great print, but the movie is near and dear to my heart for several reasons, so it will always have a place on my shelves.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2016 10:21 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working my way through BFCC purchases. Doctor Zhivago (going a bit pink, but filter helped) and one that gave me more shivers and hands over eyed moments than any Halloween or horror film the Collectors Club 400ft of "Feet First" by Harold Lloyd.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 04:13 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I put on the Halloween thread "The Mad Doctor" B&W Mickey Mouse but also the MGM cartoon "Bad Luck Blackie". My bad luck is that at the end the print or neg must have jumped a track in the printer and the last 5 seconds and picture is 50% black and 50% out of rack but as it fitted the film I didn't send the print back to Derann.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  195  196  197  198  199  200  201  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC