8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 79)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 09, 2010 06:23 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
... with excellent printing and vivid color super 8mm "Mickey Mouse the first fifty years",
Jorge, your Mikey Mouse 50 years is amazing. Can yo tell me which box is that (Red, Gold, Silver, full color artwork/black, full color art work/yellow)

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2010 05:10 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silent & complete reg 8mm with decent color Behind The Green Door. [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 09, 2010 06:51 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, It comes in a collector's hard card red box and gold letters, inside the box came a booklet of disney.
Is a full color and sound.
Just wonderful to see.
Regards
Jorge

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 09, 2010 11:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three Railroad Films:

Texans in Vermont
Name Trains of the Rio Grande
Colorado Central and South Park

All Sunday River Productions, all Black and White and Silent, all filmed by Albert G. Hale between 1937 and 1955. The last print I've had since the late 1970s.

So what? This amateur filmmaker had an adventure across the 48 States and filmed some of the great lines in their last years: just a young guy and a 16mm camera recording history while he had the chance.

Every so often I like to stow the anamorphic and turn off the sound and join him going places and seeing things that faded into eternity well before my time.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2010 06:05 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10th October 2010, Sunday.

16mm show with Paramount/Disney DRAGONSLAYER . Pan & Scan print on 3*1600ft reels, Agfa stock.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2010 12:37 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Silent & complete reg 8mm with decent color Behind The Green Door.
Wayne, everyone knows I love silents but without the dialogue didn't you have trouble following the narrative of this one? [Razz]

Gian another brilliant print of a really fun movie [Smile]

I thought after last weekends' movie fest I needed to come home and get back to reality so I played my recent over priced horrible condition ebay purchase, but I make huge sacrifices for Patsy Kelly films I do not have....This one a 16mm Danger! Women at Work(1943) is definitely what you would call a "programmer" but also starred a couple of silent gals , Betty Compson, Mary Brian, and was written by none other than Edgar G. Ulmer during his days at the Poverty Row...I also added a couple of shorties...One is a 16mm Dorthy Devore christie comedy - retitled as Phoebe's Fellows. I 'm not quite sure what the original title of this one is but it looks to mid 20's possibly Stay Single (1924). A notched 9.5mm 300ft Paul Parrot film called Harvest Hands (1922) with Paul alongside the lovely Jobyna Ralston who starred with Harold Lloyd in some of his big ones. Finally an even shorter (180ft) notched 9.5mm Leo Maloney western entitled Here's Your Man (1922) which Pathex retitled as Here's your Men, why? I have no idea....

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2010 05:27 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dino.
Waiting for some news from you about those reels. Fingers crossed.
Ciao!

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2010 11:14 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino,

Please define "notched."

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2010 06:41 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11th October 2010, Monday.

Super 8 night with CABARET by Bob Fosse starring Liza Minnelli and Michael York.

Optical print on 5*400ft reels, unfortunatly on faded 1972 Eastman stock.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,1

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2010 12:59 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael....The notched 9.5mm prints actually have small notches on the side, that triggers the projector to stop for a timed sequence to allow the title to remain stationary on the screen, and then the projector would start moving again.The projector stops 2 frames after the notch. The presence of 2 notches in the picture is to allow for 2 stopped sequences, which was often for longer titles. This conserved film since the original releases were on either 30ft or 60ft spools. They continued to use the notching system on the 300ft super reels....The obvious drawback of this is that the lamp cannot be very bright or else it will cook the film.

-

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2010 05:13 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, to me, that is simply AMAZING!

BTW, there is dialogue and narrative in Behind The Green Door? [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2010 05:57 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even more amazing is that Pathe briefly even considered attempting to do that with 35mm??? [Confused]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2010 08:04 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,

Absolutely fantastic! When you referred to 300 foot super reels, was this at the time a great innovation in showmanship that's similar to 2300' 16mm reels? Were these films used for theatrical releases?

What is the fps on 9.5mm?

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2010 01:47 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael let's see the super reels were a big step forward, especially if you think of the fact that some of the early releases were on multiple little reels (usually 2 or 3)such as the Life of Christ was on 32 x 30ft reels..Can you imagine watching a film and making 32 reel changes? UGH! ! ! ! The 9.5 was never designed beyond home use, but the Pathescope Monthly did have various articles about people putting on public screenings. As for fps it really varies since there are optical and magnetic sound prints that would obviously be at 24fps, but I would guess the majority of my silents would be around 16-18fps for a good smooth show, maybe a little faster on comedies, and slower on the classic early melodrama's from the teens...Since we are talking 9.5, tonight I had Linderfest 2010, OK maybe it wasn't a fest so much as 2 x 30ft reels first Max Linder Illusionist (1 x 30ft V46 1914), where max pulls a J Stuart Blackton and draws himself and then magically appears. The second one was called A Good Joke(2 x 30ft Duel De Max(Le) 1913) and is Max's famous mirror gag where another is mimicking max's every move in the mirror, until he realizes he is the butt of the joke....Then I took a turn and watched a Paul Parrot short called My. Dear Mr. Watson (3 x 30ft V10090 aka Finger prints 1923)all notched...

-

-

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 14, 2010 03:50 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,

A quick question unrelated to 9.5 ( which I find more interesting the more I learn about it). I asked you this elsewhere but I guess you never saw the question.

Have you ever come across a print of Harlow and Patsy in THE GIRL FROM MISSOURI in any format?

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2010 12:14 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Michael sadly I have not [Frown]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2010 07:38 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino, I found this for sale, and was thinking if this 35mm auction is the 9.5mm equivalent of The Life of Christ, as you mentioned?

Tinted 35mm auction sale - movie about Christ

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2010 02:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
17th October 2010, Sunday.

Super 8 show with LE AVVENTURE DI PINOCCHIO by Luigi Comencini starring Nino Manfredi, Andrea Balestri, Vittorio de Sica, Franco Franchi, Ciccio Ingrassia, Gina Lollobrigida (Italy, 1972).

The most popular Italian tv-series first aired in 1972 dedicated to the famous puppet (also issued for theatrical purpose).

Two editions available (an official and a bootleg one), but none of them was printed on low fade stock (all copies available in Italy - on 16mm too - were released on Kodak SP, unfortunately).
Pictures posted below refer to my copy (unofficial) marked 1976.

Not the best (about color), but in excellent condition (not so easy to find it this way).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2010 09:57 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

I was not familiar with this production. Quite an outstanding cast. Which character was: Vittorio de Sica? Interesting that he was in front, instead of behind the camera. I see that Nino Manfredi, was Geppetto? What part did Gina Lollobrigida become? Poor Nino Manfredi. He will be missed. [Frown] Manfredi, brought delight to his performance in pane e cioccolato. "Bread & Chocolate." [Smile]

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 06:51 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael.
Have a look here to find all answers:

Le avventure di Pinocchio IMDB

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 03:53 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
18th October 2010, Monday.

Super 8 show with Disney's 101 DALMATIANS (1961) issued by Derann onto 3*600ft reels.

It was released both on LPP and Agfa. My copy was printed on Agfa.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 08:05 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

I have "101 Dalmatians" from Derann, too. It must be the LPP stock. I got it on eBay for $200 US and it was a brand-new print!

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 08:36 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Gian, looks sharp too.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2010 03:04 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to read about that, Kurt.
And thanks a lot to you, David!
Ciao.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2010 06:25 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
24th October 2010, Sunday.

Super 8 show with GREYSTOKE: THE LEGEND OF TARZAN, LORD OF THE APES by Hugh Hudson starring Christopher Lambert, Andie MacDowell, Ian Holm (1984).

Optical airlines edition unfortunately on the brown side, probably printed on Kodak SP, although holding color up quite well. 2*1200ft reels.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 ST HD; Elmo 1,1

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC