8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 132)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 06, 2013 07:41 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And not to be forgotten…
Good old 9.5mm Optical sound ‘Something in the City’ Richard Hearne stars in this really fun film which is extremely rare on 9-5 sound due to a very small number of prints being made late in the day. I forgot to take a photo off screen as I was enjoying the film so much!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2013 07:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite frankly, I think that the prints that you used for your comparison (thanX 4 the screenshots!), are not all that faded to begin with.

The only time that those Cyan filters really work well is if you have a very reddish print and then they can restore a little color, but those Cyan filters that you used seem a little too oppressive. A good cyan filter for this purpose ...

1. Shouldn't "over blue" everything
2. Shouldn't darken the image that much.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 06, 2013 07:52 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I wrote that on the top ... If you see the A Man Called Horse a little earlier, I think the filters do a good job. I did remove the filters after just a short time on those last ones there. :-)

Some more viewings today
The Chairman
 -

-

Hurry, hurry, WC Fields
 -

-

Seems Like Old Times
 -

-

-

-

All 16mm

[ June 06, 2013, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 06, 2013 04:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of those eclectic combinations that happen so frequently with 8mm:

Scope trailer for Super 8 (2011)....

-

-

....followed by the 400' Ken Films digest of the 1971 feature Evel Knievel.....

-

-

-

...and finished up with the Ken Films Korean monster 200 footer
Yongary, Monster from the Deep (1967).

-

-

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted June 06, 2013 05:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep!

Sometimes I'll think about what I want to watch later and if it's a show for company I might even write it down...

-other times it's as if I'm looking inside the refrigerator seeing what looks appetizing!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2013 07:44 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar maybe I should use a filter ? Kung Fu 400  -
 -
 -
MAGIC SWORD  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2013 09:21 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi filter doese not help for 100% red prints.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 06, 2013 11:12 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Magic Sword is almost like this, it does get a little better. I would give it a try as they are only 20 dollars fot the set

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2013 07:17 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see your screenshots Doug!

Those little 200ft monster flicks can be hard to find with decent color!

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 07, 2013 12:06 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 film today ... Where Eagles Dare (3x400')
 -

-

-

-

Enjoyable digest this one, but wish I had the full feature though :-)

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2013 02:17 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug you have screen shots and of monster movies cool? I watched XFILEStrailer 200 reel And some earth VS shots.  -

-

This is the picture you uploaded:
 -  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 09:33 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few Super 8 in the mail today

Blitz on Britain (Thanks Lee) ... A bit dark, but expected that
 -

-

-

G.I. Blues 400'
 -

-

Steve Allen Show with Elvis, 400' looks a bit tired
 -

-

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 12:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your lucking out on some pretty good prints there VIdar!

Neat blending of old school sci-fi and new school (X-files) in your most recent screenshots Laksmi!

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2013 01:56 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar Your "Steve Allen Show with Elvis" was more than likely a Kinescope.

Love "Where Eagles Dare" the super 8 version was well edited considering the plot was complicated to say the least. Lucky to have this film in 16mm complete, but not in scope. This is one film I can keep watching again and again.

Laksmi Nice to see "Earth Vs Flying Saucers"

Last night we watched "It Came From Beneath The Sea" on dvd, I have the Columbia 400ft, but we didn't want to set up for any films. It was the first time my daughter who's almost ten had seen this film. When the octopus makes its first appearance her words were "Awesome" not bad for a 1955 film.

For some reason every copy of "The Magic Sword" I have seen is looking reddish. Must have been the masters used. Even one I watched on internet was the same.

Was "The Chairman" the original title? One version I have on Betamax is called "The Most Dangerous Man In The World"

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 02:30 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it's The Chairman as original title, but UK had your title on it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064148/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2013 02:45 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks on the comments Osi and Vidar your like going crazy on your prints you may want to open a rental store. I guess I am a little more selective when it comes to titles. Your getting like my man Dino Everette this site was made just for you Wow. Any way I saw a film last night that has the famous strong man. SAMSON AND DELILAH 3 X 400 Marketing Films sound color epic. I love these strong guy epics I love that Steve Reeves was offered this part by DeMille. Reeves is also loved by Osi. And he knows want I mean.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 02:50 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't risk my prints on that :-)

I am fairly satiesfied after starting in November, I am up to about 500 titles on Super 8/Regular 8 and 16mm (and two 35mm features and some 30 trailers) ... Can hardly wait for get my 35mm and Star Wars

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2013 04:48 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay open up a theatre!! [Wink] Okay this site has created a monster!!!! May the FORCE be with You my young Jedi.  -

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 05:08 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have viewings for friends :-) Actually tomorrow I will show Virginia City on 16mm and some other Westerns on Super 8 ... Real western evening tomorrow ... Hope more than one shows, but we see it anyways

This is the fifth time, the other four are posted here : http://pokeysoft.no/osfk/

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2013 05:52 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night: Star trek Generations, Derann full feature.
German dubbed, fantastic Stereo sound and very nice print quality.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

And a youtube clip here:
Youtube clip

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 08, 2013 06:35 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, that looks awesome ... I thought 16mm first, but that's one of the better Super 8 features I've seen

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2013 11:29 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar what is really awesome is FORBIDDEN PLANET and it is not coming from Derann full feature. It was from RED FOX . PLANET is the Mother of all space movies like if not for this film there would be no Star Wars or Star Trek. Right Oemer? This why I collect super 8mm.  -  -  -

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 09, 2013 03:05 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug

I just happened to run some 35mm film today, which included the same Scope trl for "Super8" but on 35mm. Your Scope trl looks really good [Cool] and its nice for once to see some "new stuff" of that quality available on Super8 film.

Vidar

Just a quick comment on your 3/400ft "Where Eagles Dare" one of the best edited digests thats for sure, and your colour reminded me of my print I once had which seemed to reach a point of light fade... then just stop, it looks good for years yet [Smile]

Graham.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 09, 2013 08:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David ...

I'm betting the problem on "Magic Sword" is simply down to that terrible Eastman quic fade film stock, which Red Fox (and probably the other super 8 companies) didn't know would fade quickly. I'm sure it had gorgeous colors to begin with, but I really don't think it made it onto low fade stock. I would be curious to hear of one that did.

So, the only chance of finding decent color on that title would be to find someone who has kept the feature in a cool dry place in they're basement for the last 35 years or so, but if you find one in that condition, place it in cold storage right away to maintain that color!

Boy, a lot of action recently in this topic! Great screesnhots one and all!

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 09, 2013 08:29 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, is that a full feature or a digest? It do look nice too, but quality on the Star Trek almost blew my mind ... I do want to get some of the old sci-fi's, but not at prices I could get a Star Wars for :-)

Had a western evening with a couple of friends and my son
Virginia City 16mm
 -

-

Two Gun Goofy
 -

Last Train from Gun Hill 400'
 -

How the West Was Won 400'
 -

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 400'
 -

Drum Beat 400'
 -

[ June 09, 2013, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  129  130  131  132  133  134  135  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC