8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 135)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 21, 2013 06:36 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Hugh, but I am cheating :-/

I use a video camera and then grab stills from that ... Only way I manage to not get them too blurry. Tried with our Canon EOS 450D, but it is just too slow and I have no idea about the settings I need to use.

I am a De Palma fan myself, one of the top directors in my book

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2013 10:12 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take pictures from the screen no cheats here. I saw Planet of Apes last night 200 foot reel I love the Heston " DAM THEM ALL TO HELL" !  -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted June 21, 2013 10:17 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, they look great,indeed Yourself and Laksmi put on a great
show. Well done boys.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 22, 2013 03:46 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exposed, 16mm
 -

-

-

-

A Soldier's Story, 16mm
 -

-

-

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2013 04:06 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Screen shots Vidar O guess we are elected to entertain the Forum. VIDAR you can put more pictures up if you put them up smaller on one sheet like my 16mm 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA 3 X 1200 reel feature  -  -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 22, 2013 04:12 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a nice looking print, Laksmi ... Thanks for the suggestion, you just put them underneath each others in 550 pixel width? In Paint, that is not too easy, what do you use?

And I really wish some more people show off their prints, so one can know both whats out there and how good the colors can be

Have a great weekend all

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2013 04:54 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would but they are always to big and I can never remember how to make them smaller

[ June 01, 2016, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 22, 2013 05:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem a while.

Using the resize, set to pixels and width 550 ... Wish you'd give it a try :-)

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2013 05:18 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jealousy kicking in Laksmi 20,000 Leagues it looks like a scope print, you lucky man.

The screen shots all look great, thanks everyone for showing them.

At the moment we have been watching more dvd than film. My son Henry seven next loves the old films. I promised them all to have more film after our holiday.

Remember seeing Planet Of The Apes on a double bill at the local Odeon late 70's a pity that never got a better version, full or 3x400ft.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 22, 2013 05:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am the opposite of you, used to see a lot of DVD and Blu-Ray, but now rarely touch them, only reel film. Saw Blu-Ray a couple of days ago, Cleopatra, must cost a fortune on Super 8 at 4 hours and 11 minutes.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2013 06:13 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, We WILL start watching more film when we are back home, off to Thailand Tuesday till mid August, staying with the in-laws, taking loads of dvd that I have made up for both the kids and me. The TV is a little poor for me, Britain's Got Talent I hate. Thailand's version [Eek!] Although one year I watched a 'soap' didn't understand a word, but amazingly enjoyed watching. WOW sad.

Thailand was the last time I went to the cinema "Harry Potter 2" english with thai subs. Crafty they play "God Save The King" before the start. Silly, but its quite emotional. You can's run out.

I lock the doors when I have a show. Derann put a 50ft version years ago.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2013 01:45 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar I use Photoshop to resize the pics .Dino uses it to I think. Check out INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS Feature 3X600  -
 -

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2013 05:44 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my latest additions to my 16MM collection: Puppet On A Chain.
Printed on AGFA.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 23, 2013 06:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is looking really nice, Lars ... Crisp colors. Think I saw that on VHS back in the days :-)

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 23, 2013 01:44 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thank you, Hugh, but I am cheating :-/

I use a video camera and then grab stills from that ...

I don;t think you cheat with using video camera. In fact nowadays we use video camera to take picutre or still camera to take video. So using video camera and take picture throguh the video browser is the best way to find the desirable scene.

Plus you have the ability to pause and forward frame by frame to avoid any blurry or speed action.

To make a small pictures like Lakshmi, the best is to open two MS Pain together. The first one is for the original picture and the second is for "the base" of your small pictures.

Open your original picture on the first pain, resize to small pictures, and CTRL + A (select all) followed by CTRL + C (Copying). From here you go to the second MS Paint and do CTRL +P (pasting).

Repeat all step above to get small pictures.

If you hate very smnall pictures but want to get more than 8 pictures in one post, please note that the rules in this forum is only ti restrict the width into max 550 pixel but not the height. This means you can get as many pictures as you want to go down (ps: because there is no rule for heigth) as long as one the size of one single picture does not exceed 200kb.

For example, below there are seen 3 pictures but this is actually only one single picture.

-

Give it try!

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 23, 2013 04:32 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Todays viewings was started with a 16mm Flash Gordon, scope
 -

-

The Car, 400'
 -

Psycho, 400'
 -

Hannie Caulder, 2x200'
 -

Any Old Port, 400'
 -

Bone Trouble, 200'
 -

G.I. Blues
 -

And also the Odessa Files, 400' and The Birds, 400'

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2013 06:20 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar amazing color. It must be because you live in Norway that your films stay with that saturation?

One of my favorite films for this 8mm format, I recently acquired, Standard 8mm of The Cabinet of Dr Caligari. Not a Blackhawk. I took a look at reel one 24hrs after treating the film with FilmGuard. This film is very good for Halloween time. good for a coffee house screening. Not for li'l kids cuz it's a scary movie! All about a murdering sleep walker and an evil doctor who controls him. Expressionism in film set design. I love those angles and the lighting. Everything seems a little unsettling and ominous.

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 23, 2013 07:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flash Gordon is a norwegian release, subtitled. Most of the others are bought on internet, mostly UK I believe. Been lucky with a few, but I really want a new The Birds and the Odessa File as they are faded, especially The Birds

-

Slightly better in the end of the reel
 -

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2013 02:08 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Vidar nice screen shots I would love a better print. Hey here is my the BIRDS 400 foot digest and it has all the great scenes. It's looking old but there is still some color on the stock. What do you think?? [Confused]  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 24, 2013 03:48 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a bit red, but mine is almost black and white in the start :-), so I'd prefer you print

Does anyone have better prints or are they all gone red and colorless?

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2013 03:24 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, a former member of this forum is currently selling a 16MM print in Technicolor of "The Birds"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16MM-FEATURE-THE-BIRDS-ALFRED-HIT CHCOCK-I-B-TECH-/310690734070?pt=US_Film&hash=item48569c5ff6

The price has passed beyond my limit.
But if you want it, hurry, it ends soon!

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted June 24, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waay beyond my limit too. I do tend to get the 16mm, norgwegian, swedish versions for about 15-30 dollar. I do think I paid about 100 dollar for the Flash Gordon and my Ghostbusters, but otherwise, most are in that price range

Thanks for the tip though, it did look good

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2013 11:01 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could get it but I would just like a digest 400. Any way I was watching last night. Digest of THE SHRINKING MAN  -
 -
I love the ending where he shrinks into another universe and meets God and the spiritual world.

--------------------

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2013 03:12 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics Laksmi!!

My wife and I watched The Southerner. The feature is mounted on two 800' reels and the second reel is very very full. Since this is a public domain feature, I was expecting a poor print. But I was surprised! The (tinted) image and sound are extremely good.

The feature doesn't feel dated. Comparisons between joining-the-workforce and self-employment, factories and farming, roles of men and women .... serve in making the story contemporary. The story and screenplay throw up several dramatic situations; but unlike Frank Capra, Renoir avoids milking the drama. Despite Renoir's restrained direction, the feature moved us in a few places. Excellent movie!

-

-

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 25, 2013 04:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carroy on Doctor and Never Say Never Again which looked pretty amazing in Scope....again.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC