8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2009 12:49 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, your last change to get a print, let me know yes or no.
I need immediately a answer if you want a print.
regards
Oemer

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2009 01:51 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer, I will send you a PM as soon as possible.
Cheers.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2009 03:01 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,
I think you should do it and Oemer is right: it's probably your really last chance to get a new print !

Winbert & Osi:
We are very new in our new home. Now I have only roundabout 3 meters to my screen (screen-width is 2,34m). So I must zoom very high with the 1.1-lens of the ST. My (wooden) lens-holder is selfmade, stands in front of the ST and I must adjust it to the new room. I don't have an lens-holder which is mounted at the projector. They are too expensive (said my wife [Wink] ) That's why I don't have perfect square at the moment.

And it was the first time I made photos from a screen.

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2009 09:25 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mail sorted, Oemer.
Thanks for your advice, Michael.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer, did you have my last mail? Let me know. CIAO!

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 01, 2009 01:09 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sent email
Oemer

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2009 12:01 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday October 1 2009 @ 8:00PM

Super 8 sound

Preview the print of THE JOLSON STORY. In advance of next Monday nights screening. Inspection on bench found two splices needed to be replaced, plus color fade throughout. Print does run fine with exception to the dreaded fade.

CG

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2009 03:00 AM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday 03/10/09

Super 8mm Sound

Sabu 5x400 B/W Niles print.

I have to say that after watching the color DVD of Sabu that the Super8 print i have is much sharper with an over all warm tone to the sound that seems to be missing from the DVD.
I also have doubts about the color version of the DVD,through out the whole movie,i could see what to me looked like Black and White under some color and in some cases it was B/W(like a shot of the cliff face in the back ground of the river near the start of the DVD,almost like it was more of a tint then full color.

Bless those little reels of film....Oh! the joy.

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2009 04:39 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i watched The number one movie from Disney
Snow White [Smile] great movie i have enjoy it,so thanks
David!

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2009 09:37 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another outdoor "Drive-In" screening--perfect weather. It was an all 16mm early Halloween show with 35 in attendance:
NATIONAL ANTHEM
DRIVE-IN SNACK BAR trailers
ONIONHEAD trailer
SPACE SHIP SAPPY 3 Stooges meet cannibal women on another planet
LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW Disney animated classic
DRIVE IN INTERMISSION trailers
ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN feature

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2009 01:54 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been out of the loop for a bit mainly cuz my computer crashed but I welcomed back the film showings with some 16mm, just me and the wife. In addition to silent films I LOVE B noir stuff....why? because of lines like this ....."The meek shall inherit the earth...yeah....six feet of it!"......that was in tonights' feature WHY MUST I DIE (1960) - It was spoken by the lead actress Terry Moore while she is awaiting her fate on death row for a murder she did not commit..Overall the film which is described on imdb as a budget 'I want to live' is sort of that but with plenty of low budget fun like the bad girl performance of Debra Paget.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2009 11:53 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday October 5 2009 at 7:45pm

THE JOLSON STORY on super 8 sound

For 2 guests.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2009 12:12 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Jerk Steve Martin 2 x 400 U8. I have had this a while and never watched it. It is a very good digest with a nice flow to the story and many of the funny parts....but not all of them.

Has some fade, but it runs nicely.

I think I recall it mentioned here before, but I noticed an actors name blacked out on the opening credits; who and why? I imagine they did not give permission for a Super 8 release or perhaps a dispute with the studio?

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2009 08:13 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
October 6th 2009, Tuesday.

Super 8 screening matinée with:

- THE AWFUL TOOTH (Blackhawk's OUR GANG);
- THREE SMART BOYS (Blackhawk's OUR GANG);

- THE DWARFS' DILEMMA (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- THE ARISTOCATS MEET SCAT CAT (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- THE ARISTOCATS (Walt Disney Home Movies 200ft digest);
- ALBATROSS AIRLINES (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- ROBIN HOOD AND LITTLE JOHN (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- ROBIN HOOD RESCUES MAID MARIAN (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- THE BEST OF FRIENDS (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- PLUTO AND THE ARMADILLO (Walt Disney Home Movies);
- CLOWN OF THE JUNGLE (Walt Disney Home Movies).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Some of them are more than 30 years old, but still in perfect shape and looking younger!

Projector used: Silma Alfa 06; Schneider-Xenovaron 1.1

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 07, 2009 12:00 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, I am so jealous with your Disney print.

Those are from Walt Disney releases, right? Nothing from Derann...

I have been trying to collect those Disney on LPP but always got Eastman or maximum Kodak SP.

After years the Kodak SP will turn brownish.

But yours are truly excellent (except for Albatross and Robin Hood Marian, which I think are Kodak SP).

I am not giving up to buy and buy again from Ebay for those Disney prints. But since many seller cannot identify between Eastman/Kodak SP vs LPP, can you tell me one or two infos that I can ask to laymen and from that we can say they are from LPP prints.

Perhaps: Lab number or catalog numbers on the leader which can easily be read? or lab marking/or years of printing?

cheers

--------------------
Winbert

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2009 12:52 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful Gian! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2009 03:45 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Jeroen. You are always so kind. I will send you later a PM.

Winbert, no way to identify them. Codes on leaders are always the same. Of course I don't own only LPP prints (and yes, you are right; these are not Deranns. They are original Walt Disney Home Movies. Marian and Albatross are on Kodak SP). I've been collecting them since 1978/79. All titles available were printed on Eastman, Kodak SP and, before ceasing the production, on LPP. I'm simply trying to do my best: every time I find a better copy I buy it and substitute the previous I had.

So, don't give up. You know patience is required, when collecting (it doesn't matter WHAT).

Cheers.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-

Had some relatives over (youngin's [Smile] ). They always insist on seeing a super-8 show. With all the crazy junk on the kids channels these days, I think the old classics are such a breath of fresh air for them.

Last night's showing:

-Pink Panther cartoon "Pink Tail Fly"

-Beautiful Briney
-Match of the Century (both are 200 Disney extracts from Bedknobs & Broomsticks)

Last, but not least, a classic Little Rascals short (are you looking, Gian??)-
-The Pigskin Palooka (PERFECT for football season!)

A very well enjoyed show [Wink] .

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2009 05:11 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great program, James. How are you? Still missing some, but always looking for. I already have this one. Not one of my favorite, but funny anyway [Big Grin] .
Take care.

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gian.

Its not really one of my faves either, since I'm not a huge sports fan anyway [Smile] . I actually prefer the older, two-reel Little Rascal shorts, especially the ones in school (Miss Crabtree). But one thing about those one-reelers from 1937-1938, they are very well edited, and provide alot of fast paced entertainment in 10 minutes!

James.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2009 05:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are more than welcome.

I totally agree about 1937/38 shorts, James. Some of them are simply amazing (I'm thinking about HEARTS ARE THUMPS, SPOOKY HOOKY or ROAMIN' HOLIDAY, for example... 'He's got it! My personality!').

But, as you stated, some older two-reelers are genuine masterpieces. SCHOOL'S OUT is one of them. My opinion, of course! [Wink]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 07, 2009 10:43 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

I am not giving up. But certainly a bad feeling after waiting so long time for parcel to get a faded print (or brownish) is just unavoidable. (mind you that most of my time was in Indonesia where I had to wait 6-7 months because most of sellers would not ship to Indonesia. I had to wait someone will bring my films by hand. Not now in Canada...but no films here :-( )

So, if leader cannot say anything therefore, we can only rely on small (very small) code between sprockets. This is something that I always found unsuccessful to ask laymen in checking up this important info.

What about the boxes? I noticed, Disney has different boxes later on (eg. Snow White, Dwarf Dilemma, etc). Can we notice the LPP from the boxes' artworks?

Lastly, did you ever get Disney LPP from American prints?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2009 01:43 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At Friday, 16th Ocotber we will have a Super 8-night at the dance-school of a friend of mine.

The (planned) program:

Some commercials (Levi's, Beer etc.)
Trailers:
- Grease
- The jungle book
- Titanic
- The fall of the roman empire

Then a Pink Panther-Cartoon (G.I. Pink)

And as Full Feature: Charlton Heston in Ben Hur

I think it will be a greet screening [Smile]

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2009 08:06 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, boxes are always the same. The most recent artworks are not necessarily synonymous with LPP prints. I have a MONSTRO THE WHALE from 'PINOCCHIO' (American print) on Fuji, for example (old artwork). And a wonderful THE DWARFS' DILEMMA that was supplied with the first artwork too, not the second one!

No way to recognize them, as I stated in my previous post. All available titles on catalogue were distributed on different stocks, probably depending on what labs had at their disposal in 'that' specific moment. You need a little patience (it seems you have it, eh eh eh) and to be sure the seller knows at least what he's trading with.

So, when possible, I ask the seller to supply some shots of the movies. Or to tell me if he is in a position to recognize the stock.

All my Walt Disney Home Movie excerpts and shorts (or almost) were printed in USA. I also have some Italian and French prints. Well, the first are often disappointing. French ones are as good as American ones on LPP.

Good luck!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 08, 2009 10:14 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To answer that question about "The Jerk". I believe that Universal 8 would black out an actors name if you didn't see that person in the digest, (though they would be in the full feature).

It may sound silly, but last night I did a ...

" FADED FILM SHOW! "

... on purpose!

First up, I watched my pinky "Popeye Meets Ali Baba & His 40 Thieves", in preperation for Chris Smith's very nice print that I anxiously look forward to recieving!

Next, we watched Red Fox's "TV" Commercials" (both 200ft reels spliced onto one reel. Some have more fade than others on that reel. One in particular, "Frosted Rice" (animated) looks pristine to this day.

FADED CARTOON REEL!

All this and Rabbit Stew
To Duck or Not to Duck
Bully For Bugs

The finale (last hour) of "Gorky Park" optical sound feature.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC