No announcement yet.

What Blu-Ray did you watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week I watched the Blu-ray of The List Of Adrian Messenger ​​​​​​. No extras, not even a menu but a reasonably good transfer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D7475455-8D4C-4A3B-B8D6-F4F8E59C8C30.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	58970

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Newell View Post
      Saturn 3 cult Sci Fi with Kirk Douglas Farrah Fawcett and a villainous Harvey Keitel who was dubbed when he fell out with producers and wouldn’t do post production. Major upgrade from DVD with a longer running time of 89 minutes instead of 85 minutes and yes for first time Farrah is seen briefly in her poster suspender costume which never featured in the cinema theatrical or television versions.

Print is superior compared to previous releases. Ironically, I searched for the 400ft cutdown on super 8 with no success. This is included as one on the extras on Blu ray and believe it or not it is not a faded or a pink version. Not bad, interesting the opening titles start with theme from Raise the Titanic.

A strange film ahead of its time. Blue Dreamers 42 years ago. Yes, they do refer to what you are thinking. 🥰
      I'm pretty sure the 400ft cutdown was from Walton so there is a much better change of it being on lower fade stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post

I'm pretty sure the 400ft cutdown was from Walton so there is a much better change of it being on lower fade stock.
        Could be Brian. It was grainy but still had colour no Walton logo just ITC then into titles which was Lew Grade outfit. Must have been late release as Saturn 3 was made in 1980.

Comment

• Walton did release a few ITC titles so I'm sure it was them.

However back to Blu Ray watching last night. For me it was a horror double. The Haunted House of Horror and Virgin Witch. I often saw the Derann 4x400ft on lists but never bought it. These two Blu Ray releases from Screenbound Entertainment both have good documentaries about their making and HHoH has a booklet too the other a novelisation of the film.

Comment

• I have the 400 feet Saturn 3

Comment

• Originally posted by Edward Nicielnik View Post
              I have the 400 feet Saturn 3
              Edward is it a Walton print and did it come with box?

Mike

Comment

• Comment

• Also have Boys From Brazil

Comment

• Thanks Edward. I’ve never seen the Saturn 3 cover. Boys from Brazil is rare title too. Great digest of the movie. Derann reprinted Boys from Brazil in white boxes.

Comment

• A funny story about Saturn 3. In the early 80's, I stayed up as I saw this film being on and was surprised, that it was uncut! I was actually friends with the person who ran these for our local CBS affiliate, and called him the next day. He was shocked as well, as, at this time, this was a major no no! We decided to watch the Shrek in 3D collection for the kiddos!

Comment

• Tonight it was the blu-ray of "Mr Bean's Holiday" I remember getting the 35mm print at the cinema and also doing the following weeks school holidays schedule. I crammed in as many sessions as possible, however two days just before the holidays, I started to think that with the low numbers attending I may have made a "boo boo" with the schedule. But as soon as the holidays started, Mr Bean took of big time with many sessions sold out. "Mr Bean's Holiday" turned out to be a big hit, and we did very well money wise from it. It was a great relief for me, especially after taking the risk doing the weekly schedule with so many screenings of it, in the end it paid of, but like most things in life you never no if something is going to work until you try.

The film came out in 2007 and one of the things I really liked about it was that the running time was no more than an hour and a half, I do like short films.

Name:	P1010617.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	59091

Name:	P1010610.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	59092

Name:	P1010631.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	59093

Name:	P1010635.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	59094

Name:	P1010636.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	59095

Name:	P1010669.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	59096

Name:	P1010679.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	59097

Name:	P1010696.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	59098

Name:	P1010730.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	59099

Name:	P1010749.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	59100

Comment

• PS...Good music to this one scene where the dog jumps out, well I used to watch the audience in the cinema jump and they did, that dog did it every time, watching the reaction was one of the joys of being a projectionist .

Comment

• One film I always regretted not getting from Derann many years ago, was the 4/600ft full feature of 1970 film "The Railway Children". I understand the print quality was excellent. A few years ago I did come across this old 1971 LP in very good condition, its great to listen to. That in turn prompted me to get the DVD which in itself was very good.

However, I was thinking of late about the blu-ray which arrived this week, compared with the DVD, the blu-ray quality was certainly an upgrade.

The 1970 Railway Children is a really nice film, Lionel Jeffries directed this timeless classic. With a outstanding cast etc, its really well worth getting. To sum it up, its a delightful film and for any audience, its one blu-ray I would highly recommend.

PS....Anyone here got the Super 8 print?

The LP....
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250715.JPG Views:	0 Size:	171.7 KB ID:	59434
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250714.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	59435
                            The blu-ray
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250723.JPG Views:	0 Size:	102.7 KB ID:	59436
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	P1250724.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.6 KB ID:	59437

Comment

• If there was one film about the war at sea that has always stood out for me its "The Cruel Sea" ,years ago I read the book and still got it, last night I watched the blu-ray of it on the Epson once again.

The B/W Picture quality is excellent

Name:	P1210672.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	59463

Name:	DSCF9438.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	59464

Name:	DSCF9419.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	59465

Name:	DSCF9418.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	59466

Name:	DSCF9425.JPG
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	59467

Name:	DSCF9424.JPG
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	59468

Name:	DSCF9430.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	59469

Name:	DSCF9417.JPG
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	59470

Name:	DSCF9416.JPG
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	59471

Comment

• I still have my LaserDisc of The Railway Children. I understand that it is the same train that years later brought students to Hogwarts.

Comment

Working...
                                X