No announcement yet.

Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This new book about the life and art of Busby Berkeley arrived today. Looks like a really great read with lots of pictures. I have just only glanced through it, but one item that struck me was that Buzz was awarded a US Patent for the design of his complex revolving stages, which he designed himself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan0027.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	16678

Comment

• Dominique,

Very nice! Wine and film have a few things in common. They both can put you in a good mood, they're both better when shared with others and if they smell of vinegar you should toss them right out!

Comment

• Doug 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Comment

• It's feeling kind of Autumn-ish:

-so I spent part of the morning battling the heating system. I had a pretty decent haul:
          b

-One flaky and one dying circulator, one very dead low water cutoff assembly!

In "A Christmas Story", one of our favorite movies, the Dad spends his days in the basement fighting the coal furnace. The Narrator describes him as "the most feared furnace fighter in the Midwest", welllll...I have natural gas and I live in the East, but I'm claiming the local title for myself today!
          b
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2541.JPG Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	17087

Bring it on, Winter!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Blackpool Heritage Tram Day. A short visit for us to take a few snaps as it was very much packed with holiday makers but nice to see the vintage trams running.
                Also passed the Hotel which was cordoned off at the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LM-TRam.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	17550

Click image for larger version

Name:	LM- Hotel.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	17551

Comment

• Lee,

That tram looks exactly like one of the London ones in "The Elephant will never forget". Is it a survivor?

Comment

• I think standard tramcars made by companies like Hurst Nelson & co of Motherwell and Bruish Electrical of Loughborough who supplied the London E and E/1 class sold them all over the country with just the livery changed.

Comment

• It reminded me of my time out in San Francisco. On the level streets down around Fisherman's Wharf there is an active street car line. (The cable cars run up and down the hills). They have cars from lines not only all over the United States but the world. As a matter of fact they have two from Blackpool!

https://www.streetcar.org/streetcars...kpool-england/

Comment

• Anybody here been to the Crich Tram Museum in Matlock Derbyshire? I spent a great day there in '89, a great collection of trams from all over the country.

https://www.tramway.co.uk/

Comment

• Yes I have been there a couple of times not sure if a certain Time Lord was there too, I wouldn't fancy the Berlin to Crich trip on that single deck four wheeler I'd prefer a TARDIS.😀

The Sheffield tram they have is a variation on the one seen at Blackpool (a Bolton car I believe).

Comment

• Just what everyone needs: a creature coming out from between their legs.....

Comment

• image widget

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X