Your Today in Pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Do you wear glasses all day long are you tired of wearing a mask and having fog up issues well have no fear Walmart has the answer......

I wonder if the dogs will be chasing us.....

Comment

• Northport Theater
        b
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Northport  Theater.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.2 KB ID:	18876

I have my (well..."Dad's") slide projector set up. I have an entire carousel full of Black and White slides I shot maybe 15 years ago. I used to buy Agfa Scala and the slides looked a lot like the footage I got when I shot Plus-X in Super-8. All of them are shot horizontal to be fit nicely on a movie screen.

I found this picture of the Northport Theater.

Back just after we got married, my wife and I went to see a lot of movies, and we went to the Northport Theater quite often. Northport itself is a pretty little village up on our North Shore that is on the edge of a big harbor: a lot of sailing and motorboat traffic across from Connecticut, about 5 miles away. The theater at that time was a little past its prime. The village is off the beaten path, so it didn't draw the audiences it needed to make it big. It was a second-run theater back then: if you really liked a movie in February, you could count on seeing it again there maybe June or July. This was the second step in the four step progression to cable-TV and then VHS. The prints were sometimes a little bit weary looking, but it was a nice, inexpensive night out for a young couple that had suddenly taken on a split-level full of porous plumbing!

This didn't last: within a few years the Northport went dark. Northport Village isn't the kind of place that will just stand by and let them bulldoze a place like this and replace it with a Starbucks or McDonald's, but it stood quiet for as long as a decade!

The good news is it did make a comeback. Somebody looked into the history of the building and found out that way back in the day it had been a dual purpose auditorium, and when they looked behind the screen they found a full theatrical stage. Today it's a live action theater that specializes in classical musicals. We have seen "My Fair Lady", "the Sound of Music" and "Singin' in the Rain" in recent years. (Yes, there was real rain, and then intermission with mops and Shop-Vacs!)

What's really interesting is a theater that couldn't fill many seats when they were $2.50 each for a movie with the occasional line on screen, now packs them solid at ticket prices that would be a big day at the Supermarket!

-So, it's still dark, but at least it's remained something special!

Comment

• Singin' in the Rain with real water! A show when the lead actor doesn't want to upset the stage crew, you never know what they might put in the water tank if you do!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Snow laughing matter ! 😉

Comment

• Ouch, mate - Shorty

Comment

• 63 and pregnant
                    A woman went to the emergency room, where she was seen by a young new doctor. After about 3 minutes in the examination room, the doctor told her she was pregnant.
                    She burst out of the room and ran down the corridor screaming.
                    An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was; after listening to her story, he calmed her down and sat her in another room.
                    Then the doctor marched down the hallway to the first doctor's room.
                    "What wrong with you?" he demanded. This woman is 63 years old, she has two grown children and several grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?!!"
                    The new doctor continued to write on his clipboard and without looking up said:
                    "Does she still have the hiccups?" 😈

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Summer is here getting out and about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1160477.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	20791
                          Out the back. I built this, must be about 25 years ago, needs a paint but a great spot to have the swing

Name:	P1160459.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	20792

Name:	P1160479.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	20793

Name:	P1160480.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	20794
                          Down at the pier....

Name:	DSCF5039.JPG
Views:	286
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	20795

Comment

• Took this yesterday....

Name:	P1160560.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	21313

Comment

• There a two things I don't like, one is gardening, the other doing the dishes, yesterday I did both, the ground is looking a bit dry but still needed a tidy up. The birds were happy just after I finished out front

Name:	P1160620 - Copy.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	21471

Name:	P1160618.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	21472
                              Its had a hard life....

Name:	P1160621.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	21473

Comment

• Hi Graham,

In my own hemisphere my wife is strongly lobbying for me to run the mower one last time to mulch some fallen leaves.

-maybe two weeks from now, I'll gas up the snow blower, get it running and let it idle maybe ten minutes.

Waiting for the first snow is just asking for trouble!

Comment

Working...
                                X