8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 115)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 01:37 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thats great More More!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 04:30 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only had time for one today. The Legend of Coyote Rock, 200', color and sound. Looked a bit faded, but I can live with this

-

-

-

[ November 28, 2012, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 07:03 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey nice shots Vidar but you must give the title, size, reel etc. Thanks

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 11:50 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, okay, thought you knew ;-)

Will do, sir!

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2012 09:35 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Night at the Show-Charlie Chaplin

I screened a Standard 8mm Blackhawk print of this early Chaplin Essanay comedy which I recently acquired from a forum member. What Chaplin does to an aisle in a vaudeville theatre (first row in front of the band box) is so funny. He battles with the band members, their instruments and the audience. At one point he reaches over to hold hands with Edna Purviance and it seems that someone else had the same idea. The men do a slow burn when they realize the two men are holding hands. Chaplin is a little tipsy throughout the film but he also has that air of coolness and savoir faire, and it adds to the depth of his character- a sophisticated tipsy individual who flaunts all polite conventions of society, politely. He eventually finds himself on stage. A fine Blackhawk print with good contrast.

-

-

-

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 29, 2012 11:29 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Couple of reels today ... Battlestar Galactica the one reel 400' and Mickey the First 50 Years 400' both sound.

-

-

Just saw I shouldn't upload more than two pictures ... Sorry for earlier posts, as I just saw others with many pictures too

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 29, 2012 11:59 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Vidar, you can upload until 8 (eight) pictures. You are OK.

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 29, 2012 12:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, just read this on the uploader page :

Follow the formal Picture Warehouse submission policies for this. You can read them here.
As of 9-22-03, posting more than 2 theater images (not for technical assistance) within the
forum on a particular thread will constitute your temporary leave of absense from the forums.

Okay, not want to step on any toes

Thanks

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2012 01:28 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh I love Chaplin he cracks me up he is the master Richard. And Vidar listen to Winbert he will set you on the path grass hopper. It won't let you up load more then eight and you can put small pics on one 550 up load like I do. Oh great shot of Battle Star and Mickey as Jack the Giant Killer.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 29, 2012 01:33 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you ... I can't figure out how to take a decent picture with Canon EOS 450D, but I record with my video camera and snap shots from that. Only way I can get less blurry (they're still blurry a bit) pictures.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,

The neat thing about A Night at The Show, is Chaplin playing a dual role as Mr. Rowdy that wreaks havoc from the balcony. I could only imagine this from his days playing in live Music Hall theatre the British kind of vaudeville. Both he and Stan Laurel must have been hilarious playing it from the stage and audience too.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 30, 2012 12:12 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got into a Disney Trailer night with Super 8 color 50" reels put on a 400 reel FANTASIA , Pinocchio , LADY & THE TRAMP , BAMBI & DUMBO , PETER PAN  -
 -
 -

-
 -
 -

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 06:08 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched 2 Derann "Look at Life" films ("Turn of the Wheel" and
"Shopping for a Queen") with nice LPP colour, courtesy of Independent 8.
Then a "Star Wars" trailer. Finally, I watched a Tom and Jerry, "The Dog House" - an excellent Derann print on Agfa stock
(from CHC).
Unfortunately, my camera battery was flat, so no photos [Frown]

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 06:05 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On 16MM and in Scope:

Buddy Buddy, with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, directed by Billy Wilder.

I know this one bombed at the time but I have alvays liked it. Sure it's not as good as Wilders best movies (Sunset Boulevard, Irma La Douce etc.) but I don't think it's as bad as some people said at the time.

As usual the colours are better than the camera shows.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2012 02:06 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched my trailer of THUNDERBALL Super 8 color sound nice color print.  - I still think Connery is the best 007.  -

--------------------

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2012 09:00 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The neat thing about A Night at The Show, is Chaplin playing a dual role as Mr. Rowdy that wreaks havoc from the balcony. I could only imagine this from his days playing in live Music Hall theatre the British kind of vaudeville. Both he and Stan Laurel must have been hilarious playing it from the stage and audience too."

Michael-Yes,Chaplin plays one of the lower class 'rabble' in the balcony in sharp contrast to the monied seats in the orchestra.

What I wouldn't give to get into a time machine and watch vaudeville by the likes of Chaplin and Stan Laurel! These guys were made of elastic.

Laksmi-great shots from Thunderball and my favorite Disney film, Peter Pan. Where did you meet Mr Connery? my favorite Bond as well.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2012 11:26 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Richard I met Bond at a 007 movie reunion at MGM studios back many years ago. I met Chaplin's daughter once and Peter Pan is my Favorite Disney animation film.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 03, 2012 12:42 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pictures Laksmi once again. Tons of Trouble with good old Mr Pastry YAY! [Cool]

[ December 04, 2012, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 03, 2012 04:29 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened two British films that couldn't be more different on 16mm the first,"CALLAN" with Edward Woodward offers a tale
of a no nonsense hitman working for the secret service setting
out to eliminate a dangerous arms dealer and falling out with his
employers on the way.A far cry from the adventures of James Bond
Callan is the original working class hero who does not suffer fools gladly.Based on the popular TV series,Woodward doesn't play Callan,he is Callan.Slight fade on print,but okay.
The second film screened was the very sad tale of "The Ragmans Daughter",based on the Alan Sillitoe story, It stars
the lovely Victoria Tennant and Brian Murphy as our "heroes"
dad.Telling the tale of a young girl who lives life in the fast lane
with a young thief, before tragedy strikes for all concerned,the
tale is told in flashback and is from the young rogues point of
view,now a grown man looking back on a wasted life and his
lost love.Heartbreakingly sad, but a lovely print.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 04, 2012 03:16 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing to note that Edward Woodward was also in a stage play as well as making 'Callan' at the same time. Quite an amazing actor.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2012 03:20 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD parts one and two. Classic Walton extracts.
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2012 12:23 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching last night my Ray Harryhausen classic on super 8 B/W 400 reel the Escape of Joe Young.. Wow what a guy!  -

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 05, 2012 01:16 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lakshmi,

This "Escape" must be from your last acquisition from Ebay UK, right?

can you tell me what is in that reel. I see there is a scene where three drunken man give Mighty Joe with beer. And then what after that?

Is there a scene where he goes to orphanage house?

--------------------
Winbert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2012 05:10 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those pictures I just posted are from the reel I got from you. Yeah Winbert there is a scene where he goes to orphanage house. And here are the scenes from the UK print in all its glory! The print is great and has nice contrast titled ESCAPE .  -

-

-

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 05, 2012 06:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has own titile "Escape"...interesting!

So when you connect between the reel from me and this "Escape" does the story flow nicely and make a sense, or still there is a jump of story you feel?

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  112  113  114  115  116  117  118  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC