8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 117)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 12:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi ...

Thank you for sharing your part 2. I have the scope version of that and thankfully, a rather rare non faded copy at that (every copy I have seen auctioned in the last few yars has been faded to varying degrees. I kind of wonder exactly what kind of stock it is. It does say eastman, but not a bit O fade!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 01:13 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Paradise Hawaiian Style. One of 3 Elvis films done in Hawaii. Nice print that I just got from Steve Osborne of The Reel Image. I love buying from him.

[ December 15, 2012, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 03:21 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take Bus, Pay Later, 200' B&W Silent

-

Tested with 150W setting on the ST-1200D
 -

And with the 100W setting
 -

Also saw Snuffy Smith, 200' Color Sound
 -

-

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2012 01:23 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Osi I really want a STAR WARS FILM . But this print of parts 1& 2 with Empire 1&2 should keep me happy for a wihle. And Vidar I love Lou and Abbot with a passion nice screen shots.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 15, 2012 01:53 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw Star Wars and Empire again, as well as Goofy's Glider (200' Color Silent) ... Both Star Wars movies 400' Color Sound

1.3 lens used
 -

-

-

1.1 lens used
 -

-

To me, 1.3 is sharper (I did get a cheap 1.1, so it might be defective) ... Can't focus it any better than this

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 02:55 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was my second annual USC work Xmas screening party, with some friends from work coming over to watch a holiday movie. I think this is going to be the final film on the GS-1200 for awhile as there was a couple of nasty crackles in the speaker, so the amp is going in the external outs as well...Gotta spend some money on a new amp. I used the f1.0 lens and watched what was probably one of the best quality feature's NILES ever released IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946, 8 x 400ft Super 8)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 16, 2012 03:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice Dino [Smile]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 06:20 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a few super 8 trailers (including "Stargate" and "Monty Python and the Holy Grail") followed by quite a nice 16mm print of Steve Martin and Lily Tomlin in "All of Me".
 -
 -
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 11:25 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was in the mood for the Dark Knight and I watched BATMAN & ROBIN Super 8 400 reel nice print . Real campy I like it!  -
 -

-
 -

-
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 11:26 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino your back nice screen shots . And I to love IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE . Do they make a digest of this film I would love to have one on super 8?

--------------------

Dave Velazquez
Junior

- posted December 17, 2012 09:56 PM      Profile for Dave Velazquez   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Velazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got my digest of "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" today and screened it immediately. Have to admit I'm a little disappointed. That's what I get for bidding on ebay before asking any questions. But this title is so important to me it was impossible to 'not' throw the money at it.

The digest edit itself is very good with some really great action scenes and a handful of character moments that reminded me why I unconditionally love this film.

The print itself was pretty good with nice color and sharpness, but there were scratches throughout. And there's a nasty green vertical line down almost the entire 2nd half. Sound was a little garbled as well.

Something I thought was impressive is that the previous owner reproduced an exact replica of the original box.

All these defects went unmentioned in the listing. And it was absolutely my fault for not paying closer attention. In a way, I'm somewhat happy to have it. But I'll sell it the first chance I get, after securing a better print that is. [Wink]

I'll post pix next chance I get.

Happy Holidays!

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2012 10:17 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave-Did you get your print from poopypuss?

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2012 01:06 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dave I watch my super 8 color 400 digest version of Raiders Of The Lost Ark after I read your post and here are some screen shots. To bad about your films condition. My print is clean and no scratches, no lines,beautiful color and contrast. Sorry if it seems like I'm rubbing it in. I guess that is the chance you take on eBay. People don't tell you the details in the condition because they want to sell it. And you were the one who paid over $100 for it? Wow your in my prayers.  -

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 18, 2012 01:52 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great print Laksmi! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dave Velazquez
Junior

- posted December 18, 2012 10:42 PM      Profile for Dave Velazquez   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Velazquez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah yeah, rub it in Laksmi [Wink]

Your print looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. How long have you had yours?

Oh, and btw...that wasn't me who paid $100. That was another listing that I lost out on. But I would've paid that amount. Sure! These reels are not easy to find whatsoever.

And please direct your prayers to me acquiring a full length print of Raiders in the near future!!! [Cool]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2012 11:47 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave I have had my RAIDERS about 10 years. I had another one before this one that I sold . I had it for 20 years it was a nice color print as well no marks looked clean. Most of my Marketing films are like that, War of the Worlds, Ten Commandments,Samson and Delilah, and Star Trek the Motion Picture So tonight I watched another of my Marketing digest BARBARELLA with sexy Jane Fonda on super 8 nice color and nice everything else [Big Grin]  -
 -

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2012 06:04 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A watched the wonderful "A Child's Christmas in Wales" on 16mm. You don't have to be Welsh to enjoy it....but it helps!

-

-

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 19, 2012 06:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Dylan Thomas story that [Cool]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 19, 2012 07:28 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed, Lee! The production has a warm and slightly whimsical feel about it too, assisted by a great performance from Denholm Elliot.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 06:26 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty entertaining Christmas show last night watching..
Christmas adverts, wishes from the stars and trailer reel.
Ginger Nut Christmas Circus
Christmas comes but once a year
Mister & Mistletoe
Alias St.Nick
Pluto’s Christmas Tree
Christmas Visitor
Christmas Under fire
The Snowman
 -

Once everyone left I put my feet up to watch ‘Monsters We’ve known and loved’
As you do…..

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2012 04:29 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A great Christmas line up, Lee! I'll be putting on "The Snowmen" myself in a night or two.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 20, 2012 11:54 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw my first full feature (it was yesterday, but internet didn't connecto outside Norway last night)

Memories of me 800'+1200' Optical Sound Color
 -

-

Also, Battlestar Galactica 2x400' Color Sound
 -

And a couple of runs of my new 200' Color Sound Star Wars (2 min. at start is silent, someone had fun with a record button I guess)
 -

-

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2012 05:24 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Super 8 The Sad Sack with Jerry Lewis.
Printed somewhat on the dark side, the pictures came out really dark and unfocused, it acctually looks better and brighter on screen.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 01:32 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Lars nice screen shoots I love Jerry Lewis in this movie. Great! These shots don't look dark to me? Did you get this movie in Sweden? Is this a 400 or 600 X reel feature set ?

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2012 06:26 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well theese are the good pictures. I took 125 pictures totally during the film, of these only 18 were acceptable, all others was either to dark, out of focus or had motion blurriness.

The film was supplied on 5x400, and for a running time of 98 minutes that makes them rather full.

I actually got it just about a month ago from Paul Foster. The only downside is that some previous owner unfortunately must have had a really scratchy projector, you can see the scratches on some of the pictures above. But this is the way well used re-run movies used to look back when i grew up so it feels right somehow.

To explain: I have all of Sergio Leones westerns on DVD with perfect picture, and it's great. BUT, when I saw theese films at the cinema in the seventies, it was on old well projected copies with loads of lines and splices, so somehow that is how these films should be seen in my mind. Compare to what Quentin did with that movie, whose name I can't remember, that was made to look like a worn out drive-in print, and you get the idea.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  114  115  116  117  118  119  120  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC