8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 116)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2012 12:07 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Winbert it flows real nice and seems like the whole movie is shown. I now have a great digest of all the great seces of this Harryhausen classic. And I have 3 X400 reels with Pasquale DAlessio's 400 reel. He sold me a 400 mountain clam shell case with art work with the whole club destruction scenes. And it has Joe in the cell with the whole cops and the get away scene. The Escape starts when they take off in the trucks from the police chase. I love it!

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2012 06:03 AM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will get a Mighty print in a couple of days, so I read your Joe adventures with great interest, Osi. Can't tell much about it yet, except that it's on 2 800ft-spools, and has english and german soundtrack. I suppose it's the 4x400-version you mentioned (I believe) in another thread, with the german version recorded later on. Very curious to find out what's been omitted in my print, will keep you posted.

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2012 11:48 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Ronald you got a Joe Young print from Osi? Wow he has been holding out on me . Yeah keep me up to speed on it. I LOVE JOE!!!MISTER JOESPH YOUNG OF AFRICA here are some more screen shots.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 07, 2012 02:25 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, I've screened a very faded The Quiet Man (even if the box says A Quiet Man), a 3x400' Color Sound

-
 -
 -
 -

Bugs Bunny: Gorilla My Dreams, 200' Color Sound
 -
 -

Harold Lloyd: Safety Last, 200' B&W Silent
 -
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2012 08:43 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey nice screen shots Vidar check out what I screened last night super 8mm 400 reel digest FLASH GORDON  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 08, 2012 12:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like some of those Flash episodes too :-) Very nice. Are they difficult to find? Have sound?

Today, my friend will come and we'll see some movies again. Probably some of the same I already posted pictures of, but ...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 08, 2012 03:51 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonights viewing with a friend ...

African Queen, 400' Color Sound
 -

Woody's Clip Joint, 200' Color Sound
 -

Legend of Coyote Rock, 200' Color Sound
 -

How the West Was Won, 400' Color Sound
 -

King Solomon's Mines, 400' Color Sound
 -

Master of the World, 200' B&W Silent
 -

Ringo, The Lone Cowboy, 3x400' Color Sound
 -

Who's on First?, 200' B&W Sound
 -

Had fun today :-)

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2012 01:52 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar yes Flash has sound and you can find the films around http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190767785583&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123 but still its a rare one. And I love your screen shots I love How the West was Won ! I have created a 8mm monster? Wow you are getting into the screen shots. Last night I was watching a nice digest of the movie TOM SAWYER 400 reel digest  -

[ December 09, 2012, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 09, 2012 07:19 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this film on Thursday night,the weather was hand picked, it was lashing with rain and a driving wind.The film was
my just delivered "Castle of Blood" aka "Danze Macabra" an
Italian horror with Barbara Steele in fine form.The film is Babs
favourite horror,and it certainly delivers the scares,heightened
by the storm outside, I have to admit to feeling a mite uneasy
after deciding to view it around midnight.Telling the tale of a
journalist challenged by E.A. Poe and the owner of a haunted
castle to spend the night alone on All Souls eve.Needless to say
the castle is haunted and he doesn't survive to collect his wager
I was pleased to have the company of my dogs during this,
the mem sahib doesn't go in for horror, so I have to go it alone.
Anyway,a beautiful 16mm B/W print that was picked up from
a seller on ebay.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2012 10:15 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow sounds great Hugh I would like to check that out. Any way I was watching SHRINKING MAN 400 foot B/W nice print good contrast digest I love. It does have that scary spider bit [Eek!]  -

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2012 12:46 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I love that you guys are watching scarey movies... [Smile]

I on the other hand opted for some early French comedies...All 9.5mm notched films and all old!

1 - Rigadin et la Manucure (1915, 2 x 30ft Pathe 139)
2 - Rigadin et Miss Margaret (1910 4 x 30ft Pathe 141)
3 - Moritz Promene Rosalie (1911 1 x 30ft Pathe 357)
4 - Moritz Fait Danswer Rosalie (1911 1 x 30ft Pathe 370)
4 - Moritz demande Rosalie en Mariage (1911 1 x 30ft Pathe 374)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jake Mayes
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2012 07:19 AM      Profile for Jake Mayes   Email Jake Mayes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday night, Aliens, LPP. My partners first time seeing the movie and he loved it. I loved it as well, i dont think i could ever watch the DVD again. Film Rules!!!!! Now to keep my eyes peeled for other features. I am sure this film will be screened often!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 10, 2012 07:30 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky guys to have those features ... I hope when money is plantiful, I'll get Star Wars, Empire, Alen, Aliens and Terminator

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2012 10:23 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah me to Vidar. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 03:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar. Have you tried the 200 and 400ft edits of Star Wars?

Last night we watched Scrooge 1935 and a very enjoyable evening. [Cool]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 08:33 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have only the Part I Star Wars 400' Color Sound ... Is the 200' B&W Silent? Seem to remember someone selling a version like that ... Still looking for Part II (Cantina) and Empire Strikes Part II if anyone should have spares for sale :-)

Now testing out the new (old new) Elmo ST-1200D MO ...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 11, 2012 11:16 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched my recently acquired 16mm feature Curly Sue (1991). It's a gorgeous print extremely sharp with brilliant colors. The sound is excellent too even though I don't have my Elmo 16CL hooked up to a sound system. The only downside is that I'm missing the final 3rd reel of the movie...but not to worry while the 2nd reel is rewinding I just cue up the DVD to watch the ending [Smile]

-

[ December 12, 2012, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 12, 2012 04:25 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics Janice.

Last night we watched SCROOGE 1951. Not my fave version although Sim is always excellent, but I like watching it for all the technical gaffs like watching the camera crew in the mirror.. Good old Nettlefold Studios. [Cool]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 12, 2012 12:37 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Alastair Sim's version is actually my favorite. When he starts to sing... "I don't know anything...I never did know anything..." This always cracks me up. I just watched my DVD of it...I never noticed the production glitches you mentioned. I'll have to watch it again now [Smile]

BTW...My actor son played Tiny Tim in a benefit show the other night..."In keeping with the situation..." [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 12, 2012 12:53 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice. A prime goof is towards the end of the film when Scrooge goes to look in the mirror wearing his nightshirt and in the reflection you can see the camera crew no less than twice. Very popular version of the classic tale but I have other favourites.
Love the photo!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2012 01:36 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched my STAR WARS 2 digest super 8 400 reel. I guess this will hold me over till I get the feature. It has nice color and sound.  -
 -

-

[ December 12, 2012, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 13, 2012 07:53 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received an invite to a Cine Society Christmas party and guess what, they projected Scrooge again. Two doses of the 1951 version in a week! Peter the projectionist had a few problems though as Mr Scrooge didnt want to come out of his film box!
 -
You do not get all this fun with video you know..

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 13, 2012 08:02 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Lee. Look what is missed. I watched King Kong last night.

How did you make out with the Eumig power supply?

PatD

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 13, 2012 11:22 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey PaT I have to thank you again for that wonderful print of GOLDFINGER the James Bond 007 classic film. I watched it and reviewed it last night . Super 8mm color sound feature on 4 X 600 foot reels. This is a beautiful print with fantastic colors. What is the film stock of this? I will add it to my review.  -
 -

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted December 14, 2012 05:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting film
Collectors Club 'The Battle of Britain'
A pretty good print from CC with excellent sound produced in the 1940's by Frank Capra and issued complete no less. Nice also they included a little about Christmas in the war..

-

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  113  114  115  116  117  118  119  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC