8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 42)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 03:58 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All in Super 8:

Marx Bros Night At The Opera MGM 2 x 400

Where Eagles Dare MGM 3 x 400

Popeye Cartoon

Tweety and Sylvester cartoons x 3

Madagascar Penguins, A Christmas Caper

Psycho Castle 200ft vers.

Once Upon A Dream, Disney

Yes all today and not finished yet. Maybe Animal House just to spice it up a little.

David

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 08:58 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"SUPERCALLAFRAGALISTICEXPYHALITOSIS"

What do you call a super Nanny with bad breath? [Big Grin]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 03, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We decided to make it a "Universal 8" digest night.

Smokey and the Bandit 2
Animal House
JAWS

Of the four, probably "Smokey and the Bandit 2" is the least entertaining, (until that massive car wreck!)

1941 is a good example of a good edit that plays better than the feature, (my opinion). "Animal House" is an example of "missed opportunities", some of Bluto's antics should have been placed in and less of a desire to tell a cohesive story.

JAWS is a winner all the way around. Only scene one wishes was in it? Dreyfuss finding the head popping out with the eye missing while hes under water. Always makes my wife jump!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 03, 2009 05:38 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How was their color? Can you rank from 4 titles from the most faded to the better one, Osi?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 01:38 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Getting excited about my upcoming Pearl White night at the EPFC, so first I dusted off the Kodak Pageant and made sure the silent speed was working, then it was off to the other Kodak (the Reg 8 one) to watch Pearl in Pearl of the Army EP 10 - it is a little confusing if you haven't seen any of the other episodes, but this is the final one of the re-edited version where Pearl pieces everything together and figures out who the Silent Menace is, only the army is convinced it is someone else, so even the ending is open-ended....Regent films print, with a choppy/damaged head section so if anyone has one they want to sell off, I'd love to replace this one.
 -

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2009 11:16 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday November 5 2009

Nearly 5 and one half hours of running film at home!!! And it was ALL super 8 [Smile]

7:25pm The Dentist WC FIELDS /w/ THE NEPTUNE FACTOR

After a short break

9:45pm The Tramp C Chaplin /w/ FUTURE WORLD

Film prep started at 6:30 everything shut down just before midnight and it was so much fun EVERYTHING ran beautifully!!!

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 06, 2009 12:33 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night :
Once Upon a Time in the West (Marketing super 8 3x400 mini feature)

[ November 06, 2010, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 06:01 PM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last nigth i show a private screening for 30 people.
1- trailers from elvis presley movies like "g.i. blues,king creole,wild in the country and blue hawai
2- looney tunes short on agfa stock "tweety at the zoo"
3- A documentary on fuji stock called " white shark the terrible maneater"
4-"JAWS" Super 8 mm full feature,letterboxed from the original spanish internegative,Agfa S2 stock.this print have now more than 20 years old and still as good in colours terms as the first day. [Razz]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 08:23 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, glad Runaway Brain got to you safe and sound. I was just about to e-mail you about it.

How did it run? I would like to see some screenshots sometime.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 10:40 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday November 6 2009 @ 8:15pm

Scope Trailers on Super 8 sound

Tom & Jerry The Flying Sorceress
Pit & the Pendulum
West Side Story
2001 A Space Odessy

Feature on DVD Projection:

Howard the Duck

The feature was shown first then after a quick break the short reel of cinemascope cartoon & trailers.

Once again, another great evening of movie watching.
[Smile]

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2009 10:53 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A bit late but on Thursday I ran The Secret Of NIMH on Super 8mm.

It was the first time I had seen this movie on film since it's 1982 release when I was 12! Needless, to say I had a great time with it.

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 05:29 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
7th November 2009, Saturday -

Super 8 test screening.
The movie: ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST by Sergio Leone.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Cannot wait to record it in STEREO.
Great print.
Projector used: Elmo ST 1200 HD m+o.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 05:56 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics,finally you have it!Personal i don't like cowboymovies.
I have watched last Fridaynight the Hunchback of Notredame(Disney)and the cartoon Donalds snowfight.

I have enjoy it,but the Hunchback was a falsely sounded and it
was not my projector the cartoon and other movies were ok!
Maby someone can advice me with it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 06:05 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen.
This is not a 'genuine' western. It's very difficult to explain. You should know Leone's filmography to understand. But anyway thanks a lot. I really love this movie. I consider it one of the best Italian ones. And the print is great.

About your HUNCHBACK:
quote:
the Hunchback was a falsely sounded
what do you mean?
Have a good week end.
CIAO.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 06:19 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the music plays in the movie,the sound is worse and shaked thrilling.like a vinyl record very false! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 06:23 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the print itself? Cannot remember if my copy had the same problem. I re-recorded it into Italian. But it's not a real piece of news some Deranns have a 'more or less' quality sound... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 06:25 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that could be possible
[Frown]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 06:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take into consideration the possibility to re-record it. Or at least ask someone if it is possible to do it for you. What about Hans? Does it have any facility to do it?

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 06:41 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a 200 ft reel of Country Greats, from Columbia. This is from the 50īs TV Shows of Grand Ole Oprey. I have also a 400 ft reel. Was there more released from this shows on Super 8 ?
 -
Sorry the picture donīt reflect the real quality of the film, because I shot this with my mobile phone camara.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 07, 2009 09:20 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas: The print is fine. Just a couple of wrinkles here and there but nothing that Film Renew and Film Guard can't treat. I just got a new digital camera, so I'll try to take shots next time I'm projecting it.

Gian: I see we're all the in the "West" mood. This is a wonderful acquisition.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 10:41 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You said it, Jean-Marc. I've seen you screened it right yesterday.
I was so excited while testing that reel in the morning! [Eek!]

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 11:12 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,
really nice pictures and obviously my best compliment for your buying!
It seems really a very nice print, really better than the various edition in DVD circulated so far...

Enjoy it!

Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Flavio.
Nice to read about you.
Thanks a lot. You are right: the copy is very good and I'm very happy with it.
Take care!

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 11:39 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This afternoon,this was my program.

- Snow White trailers 50ft
- Duel of the wizzards(Sword in the stone)200ft

-Cinderella(Derann feature)3x600ft

-Mickey's first 50 years 1x400ft
-Mickey's memorable moments(vol2)1x400ft

No time tonight ha ha ha [Wink]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 07, 2009 11:58 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Total Disney mood, Jeroen! Go go boy!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC