8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 45)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love those screenshots. You are rapidly building a first class collection!

Lady and the Tramp was the last of the "classic style" Disney films. I speak of the overall style. The next feature was "Sleeping Beauty", which was highly stylized, (due to the influence of UPA animation), and then of course, 101 Dalmations, also stylized and brought about the beginning of the "Xerox" phase of Disney animation, (lasting through "The Rescuers").

A lovely film. The backgrounds were so lush, and seeing them in they're original scope, must be a reel treat.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 05:48 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Osi. And very good and correct info about Disney's Classics.
The old times... I agree this movie MUST be seen in scope. I remember the Italian edition I had in 8mm ( [Roll Eyes] ). And the VHS version too. Nothing comparable to this marvellous print.

A pleasure to screen. A bigger pleasure to share. Good night.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 23, 2009 06:13 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superb screenshots, Gian, and a great print indeed.

Now that you have all Disney features available in super 8, what will be your next Grail quest?

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 07:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posted twice as a mistake.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 07:37 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jean-Marc. How are you?
I hope all is fine in Paris.

Very interesting question indeed. Next Grail Quest, uhm?
Well, Disney trailers have the priority, even if I don't miss so much.

After finishing with them I will probably take a little rest!
Je te souhaite une très bonne nuit.

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 09:36 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night's shows were all in 16mm and disaster themed!
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE in scope!
AIRPORT 77 in scope!
SOS TITANIC
RAISE THE TITANIC

Patrick [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 11:26 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MONDAY NOVEMBER 23 2009 @ 8:45PM

XANADU

DVD PROJECTION

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 02:24 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
really great screenshots from a really great print. [Big Grin]
Who made this one ?
Derann ? German Lab ?
Mine is from the second one...

There should be more Scope-Disney-Prints... [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 03:47 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael, how are you?
LADY AND THE TRAMP is a Derann issue.
The other SCOPE prints they issued are SLEEPING BEAUTY and A BUG'S LIFE.
Hope this help.

Take care and thanks a lot.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 04:01 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gian,it's a great print you see,thanks for your pics they are great thanks thanks thanks many thanks!
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 04:06 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is indeed. It was a long waiting. But I'm actually very happy with it. And you probably know David mailed me yesterday. He will sell me his copy of THE SWORD, thanks to you.
GRAZIE JEROEN. Take care and have a great day. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 05:56 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No i don't know that David sends you an email,but great to hear you're complete now.
But no thanks,remember Pocahontas ok? [Razz]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 06:01 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I definitely will, my friend. Count on me!

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 07:23 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fine, Gian. Thanks ;-)
And how are you ?
You are now complete at Disney's ?
Do you have "Ice Age", too ?

I know the scope-titles, but there should be more. F.e. Lion King or Jungle Book in scope. That would be really great [Smile]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2009 08:46 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Michael. All is more or less fine too, here.
I know about ALADDIN and 101 DALMATIANS editions in SCOPE too, but I've never seen one and have no idea about who issued it. So I cannot say.

ICE AGE is on my way...

And yes, I actually have all Disney's released on 8mm, now. Some never officially released titles (Italian editions) are not as good as Deranns, of course. But I'm so happy to have in my collection such a titles as ROBIN HOOD, PETE'S DRAGON, FANTASIA, SONG OF THE SOUTH, BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS etc.

I have a dream: THE BLACK CAULDRON.
Very 'anti-Disney' feature. And I probably love it for this reason. But, unfortunately, it DOES NOT EXIST on 8mm.
Take care my friend. Ciao.

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 03:15 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonights film was the 200ft digest of TITANIC
Here are some images I took.
 -

-

-

-

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2009 03:36 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love screen captures! Nice!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 26, 2009 12:47 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday night, all super 8:
- An evening with Lady & the Tramp (Disney 200ft)
- The Blues Brothers (U8 2x400ft)
- D.A.R.Y.L. (optical sound feature)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 02:18 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Patrick,
it's always fine to see some screen captures.

Yesterday I screened Indiana Jones and the last crusade. Don't know, who it released, because it has the german title sequence. The colours and the sharpness is absolutely good.

And here are the captures:
 -  -

Projector: Elmo ST-1200 HD
Anamorphot: Rathenower Rectimascope 48/2x

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 02:51 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Wow Michael.
Stunning print! My compliments once more!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 02:59 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian and Michael I am curious what size screen do you use for your scope presentations? I have an elmo scope lens for my 16mm but nothing for super 8 yet mainly because I feel my setup might be too limited for scope screenings...Tonight I ran a 16mm feature Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster (1964...the year of my birth) and then I retired into the bedroom and screened a little Super8 short I picked up off ebay on a hunch, entitled Melodrama on the Rails I didn't have it listed in any of the Blackhawk catalogs I have but thought I remembered it being a collection of shorts which it was...an Edison from 1904 entitled Railroad Smashup which was exactly that, then a short Biograph called A Railway Tragedy also from 1904 which was surprisingly violent, finally most of the reel was a Vitagraph short from 1911 called A Mother's Devotion (aka The Firing of the Patchwork Quilt)...man I love those old Vitagraph titles..

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 07:36 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again, Gian, my friend.
It is really a great print and a great fun to see such a good picture.

Dino,
great captures. My compliment.
The screen I use for scope at home has a with of 2,34 m.
Sometime I screen for some fellows at work. There is a screen-width of roundabout 1,60 m.
But why do you think, your setup is too limited ?

Regatds,
Michael

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 26, 2009 09:50 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Patrick!

I was struck by how sharp that little Titanic digest was, especially that close-up!

Great color on that scope print of "Last Crusade", Micheal.

and those shots from that classically bad japanese monster film?
Well, I have to admit, they have a charm all they're own. Great screenshots!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 10:37 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Osi.
I'm proud to have such a good print in my collection, but Titanic has a much better sharpness. Will screen it tonight for two friends of mine.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2009 10:43 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, you lucky you have so much time for your screenings!
I have less time than movies!
I have so many titles I haven't screened yet. But, of course, I hope to do it soon.
Enjoy your sinking, ops, screening night!
[Razz]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC