8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 14, 2009 09:12 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like that Izzy & Moe, owning it as well. Not a belly laugh comedy, but the last time Jackie Gleason and Art carney appeared on the screen together and just about the last time Gleason himself was on the big screen. It was made as a TV movie, but it was felt that it was worthy of the big screen as well. I agree. A light-hearted film.

Tonight?

Mission Galactica: Cylon Attack (2X400ft)

Close Encounter of the Third Kind. (1977 version) Scope feature.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2009 09:23 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi

You asked a few weeks ago if I have screened The Golden Seal. The answer is not yet. I think you were asking how the color had held up. Upon print inspection, I'd say it is.......well.....golden [Big Grin]

Anyways.......

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2009 04:55 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i watched-------->

Beauty and the beast 3x600ft
&
Winnie the pooh 1x400ft

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2009 05:38 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will pass for tomorrow night. It will be A BUG'S LIFE.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2009 03:11 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since last night one of our neighbors created enough drama to fill her own episode of cops I thought I needed a healthy dose of escapism....So I went through a number of films throughout the day..

on SUPER 8 - Clown Prince of Hollywood a paul Killiam special with some cool rare clips from a Billy West film Playmates and the first Lonesome Luke with Harold Lloyd. An episode of Hazards of Helen from 1914 (09) Leap from the Water Tower. Also Cowboy Sheik from 1924 with Will Rogers, and a beet red Cisco Kid TV episode season one, episode one entitled Boomerang.It is a shame because it was in good shape..

then on 16mm I did a test run through of my Kodak Pageant since I rarely use it of Pearl White's Terror prior to my screening on Thursday..This is my only real 16mm projector that runs at silent speed, unless someone can give me the dimensions of the proper pulley's for an elmo 16-CL..I did use the elmo tonight for a short Laurel and Hardy You're Darn Tootin' and my newest acquisition, a dupe of one of my favorite movies ever, Creature from the Black Lagoon It looked great for a dupe, and I got to hear Nestor Paiva (the ship's captain) utter my forum signature line, "You are too Far Out Miss Lawrence!"

-

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2009 04:06 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,i hope you make some pics! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2009 05:52 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here I am, Jeroen.
15th November 2009, Sunday -

Super 8 screening night.
The programme...

TRAILERS:
- HOCUS POCUS (scope)
- HIGHLANDER
- KING KONG -2005- (scope)
- MASTER AND COMMANDER

THE FEATURE:
Disney/Pixar A BUG'S LIFE (scope)

This print is absolutely S T U N N I N G!
Pics as usual.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo ST 1200 HD m+o; Sankor 16C on Elmo 1,3. This combo avoids vignetting and the SCOPE effect is perfect!

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 12:46 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow,it is great to see,i think it's pin sharp if you see it for real!
I know this one from my work as operator in 1999 and that was a great print on 35mm i see this is the same one also in scope,don't forget the end credits very funny(the blooperpart) [Wink]

Greets Jeroen.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 01:36 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally think it is one of the best Derann's in my collection. Impressive! Ciao.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 16, 2009 01:29 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice print there Gian!

Gawd! I'd love to put up some screen captures! I feel so jealous!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 01:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Osiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
Just do it! And it's funny too! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 04:55 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish that I was able to achieve acceptable results
with screen captures with film. It is always less than
on the screen.

Everyone posts outstanding images, how is it done?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 16, 2009 07:16 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Do it everything manually. Any auto features in your camera must be disabled.

Let's see. The auto focus does actually work based on the amount of the light. On our screening, the amount of light is changing time by time depend on the scene.

So you have to measure exactly the distance between your camera and screen with light on. Put one target on your screen (e.g. place a magazine) and set the camera to get the sharpest picture possible.

So, trick no. 1 it is better to capture the show during the bright scene

Camera also is confused capturing the image if the image is moving. Now, most of our movie is moving picture.

So, trick no. 2 is to capture the most stable (static) picture. Usually when the actors are talking.

Auto camera is also automatically set to get indoor or outdoor scene. While during projecting we are using halogen bulb (incandescent) or warm light. The camera understands that it is indoor. So the camera is going to put more red to compensate the indoor light. It will make our capture to be reddish than the actual screen.

So, trick no. 3 set the camera into outdoor.

Trick no. 4 is to capture as many as you can (it doesn't cost you anything with a digital camera) and choose the best captures.

cheers and have a try!

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 07:32 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great suggestions, Winbert.

Hope you will be soon in a position to post pics, Michael. I love to see other members' ones.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2009 11:37 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday November 16 2009

Cartoon shorts:
Legend of Rockabye Point
Crazy Mixed Up Pup
Jasper & the Watermelon Patch

Super 8 Scope Feature *
Grease

* Tonight it was simply awesome. I believe as a personal choice, this movie is my all time favorite. It's a great story - wonderful music and lyrics - and was such a big hit in it's release in 1978.

But for me, it takes a strong hold in my movie hobby. This motion picture was the first one I ran on a busy Friday night as a solo projectionist in the sold out theater. And just a few years later, it was the first feature I ever bought on super 8. I had for many years one of the Marketing full length copies. And just about 8 years ago (approximate guess) I purchased the scope version from Derann. The scope copy from what I recall is based on the 1998 re-release 20th anniversary.

Anyone who loves this movie and can run scope at home on super 8 deserves to have a copy of this fine production.

Thank you for listening [Smile]

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 04:41 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip,
I agree with you about Grease. In my opinion, it's the best musical ever made.
But I only have the flat marketing international full feature. Perhaps I will get the scope-feature sometime...
How was your first solo-show with Grease in the theater ???

Yesterday I screened the first part of my Star Wars (Episode IV). The Derann scope-print is absolutely stunning.
Here are some pictures. If I screen the second part, I will post some more pictures of it [Big Grin]

-

Elmo ST-1200, Rathenower Rectimascope 48/2x

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 06:05 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once more my compliments, Michael!
CIAO!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 08:43 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screen captures there Micheal.

Derann did an outstanding job on they're STAR WARS print. The colors on mine, (and on yours as well), don't look dated or have that "70's color", as I call it.

Tonight ...

first 30 minutes of "Sith" scope ...

(currently my favorite digest!)

and the feature?

ALIEN stereo/scope!

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 11:00 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday Night November 20 2009

WHEN GIRLS UNDRESS - super 8 sound

BLAZING SADDLES - DVD Scope

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2009 09:14 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit late but I've been busy.

Thursday, November 19th:

Call Of The Wild (1972/Super 8mm 6x400')

Just received from Dan Lail the other day. A very nice print with no marks or splices. Color is a little faded and a little red during indoor scenes but is otherwise good. Focus was a little soft but overall I was very pleased with it.

Friday, November 20th:

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (Digital video projection/Blu-Ray)

Disney's Beauty & The Beast (Digital video projection/DVD)

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2009 09:24 AM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights DVD projection

Harvey
Romero`s Dawn Of The Dead
Outland,( in my opinion a sadly under-rated Sci Fi gem)

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 21, 2009 09:44 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Stewart, "Outland" is a far better sci-fi than it is given credit! Back when they did things called "photonovels" (which were whole movies, scene by scene, photo still by photo still with dialogue!), they did two Large paperback versions in full glorious color. One was "Alien", the other? "Outland".

They are well worth checking out, as (especially in the case "Alien"), as sometimes the gory action happens so fast, whgile the cuts in the film happen fast, they have the exact goriest frame for you to see all the detail!

As for ther Osgood house tonight?

It's Classic Comedy night!

Jack Benny "Taxi tangle"
Three Stooges "Disorder in the Court"

and the feature?

"When's Your Birthday?" Joe E. Brown (read review in review section) And it weven fulfills my requirement for animation, as the first five minutes is an animated sequence, which is historic, in that it is the first time a certain director first directed ... Bob Clammpett! (classic Warner Bros. animator, as well as the creator of "Beany and Cecil" for TV!) Rare Super 8 release, as well as rare in any form, but out on Super 8!

A Black and White Night!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 11:14 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
23th November 2009, Monday afternoon

Super 8 test screening.
Trailers:

- THE INCREDIBLES
- THE ARISTOCATS
- THE BLACK CAULDRON
- MARY POPPINS (sensational GALA PREMIERE footage included).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Silma Memory 90; Schneider - Xenovaron 1.1

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 03:43 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I´m a little bit to late.
Not last night, but last Saturday night: Toy Story (Super 8), fantastic print, very sharp focus good like a 16mm print and not far away from a 35mm print (if you don´t use the best lens).

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2009 04:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DEDICATED TO JEROEN

Super 8 screening night with LADY AND THE TRAMP.

Nothing to state about the print. Images speak for themselves.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Singer 16D on Elmo 1.3

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC