No announcement yet.

What 8mm films did I watch last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night the short "Rhubarb" from Derann with Harry Seccombe and Eric Sykes (who also wrote and directed it). Not exactly a non dialogue film but all anyone does is mutter "Rhubarb, rhubarb". A nice Buck labs print on Agfa stock bought at CHC at the May open day. Delayed viewing as I have been helping at a CAMRA beer festival all last week.

Comment

• Brian,

Define "helping".....😉

Comment

• Had a nice show of Classic titles.
        Included the wonderful Buddy's Theatre cartoon, a personal favourite of mine.

The History Channel in 2010 screened this piece of TV which will fascinate you.

https://www.pbs.org/video/history-de...s-wb-cartoons/

Comment

• Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
          Brian,

Define "helping".....😉
          Being one of those setting up the stillaging, day one. Putting 52 casks on it (with a mechanical cask lifter) with one person feeding me the casks. Putting cooling on them after setting up the coolers with 2 people assisting then venting them, day 2.P utting taps in 51, a colleage did the last one then tasting them to see which were reasy to sell, day 3. 3 days of selling, retasting those not ready and tilting them as they ran short (many helpers) and taking the casks down after we sold out, except for a little in two casks. Last day empty coolers of water, pack up everything to be collected, finish off any left in those last 2 casks, then go to the nearest pub for a beer or three.

I might be getting a little too old for this!

Comment

• Brian,

Wow, that's a great deal of work. Not the kind of helping that first came to mind!!

Comment

• Buck Rogers in the 25th Century! 2X400ft digest.

Comment

• (But not the 200' version, eh Osi ? ............... at least not yet....!!)

Comment

• The last of my CHC purchases Mae West, "The Heat's On". Nice sharp B&W print in a Mountain Box. It says "Print by Triangel" on the leader, does anyone have info about this lab?

Comment

• Brian,

The Heat's On is from Columbia 8mm. Most of Columbia's releases were printed by Triangle Labs in the US. Mountain distributed much of Columbia's product in the UK, often with different box art.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5563.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.8 KB ID:	101633

Comment

• Ironically, Melvin, I sold a 200ftthat I had lying around, but it was faded. Now, looking for a good colour print of that 200ft.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Douglas Meltzer;n101632]Brian,

The Heat's On is from Columbia 8mm. Most of Columbia's releases were printed by Triangle Labs in the US. Mountain distributed much of Columbia's product in the UK, often with different box art.

Thanks, I had a feeling it wasn't a Mountain version edited and printed in the UK like some of theirs.

Comment

• After years of searching I found the full feature of „Dracula-Prince of Darkness“ on eBay and screened it for the second time. A glorious CinemaScope print with an outstanding atmosphere.

Comment

• The Return of the Jedi 7 x 400ft Scope Stereo.
                            Reel 6 alone would be a good souvenir of this title.
                            Lovely evening.

Comment

• Last week it was the turn of another Scope reel, just curious has any film conventions screened the likes of "The Neverending Story"? Derann released so many films onto Super 8, perhaps more of it could could be shown at some future date especially in Scope?.

Took a couple of screen shots of it last week, print quality is still looking good
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090564.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	101672

Name:	P1370984.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	101673

Name:	P1370985.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	101674

Name:	P1370994.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	101675

Name:	P1380025.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	101676

Name:	P1380027.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	101677
                              PS....Came across the LP of the soundtrack plus the 45 in my favorite record and everything else store in very good condition.

Name:	P1380040.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	101678
                              the 45...

Name:	P1380043.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	101679
                              right now back to the movies....

Name:	Donalds-projector344.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	101680
                              ​​​​​​​

Comment

• I watched a couple of 200 footers last night. 'Mickey's Trailer' and 'Bambi Falls in Love' from EBay. Both Buck Labs prints with nice colour. Had to clean 'Mickey's Trailer' with Filmguard to fill in some crazing on the emulsion. It looked like a new print afterwards. 'Bambi Falls in Love' was an LPP print with some dirt at the start. Again, a wee clean with Filmguard removed the dirt and it looked great. I usually clean most prints I get but project them first to see what state they're in. It's nice to get prints without scratches but sometimes you just can't believe that someone would allow their gate and film path to get so filthy that the print gets badly scratched. We're all different.

Comment

Working...
                                X